people who say "easy" at the end of games. punish or pardon?

#81Ephemeral1Posted 11/5/2012 12:20:01 PM(edited)
gaara999999 posted...
strange_guy posted...
Love it how some adults think using language is a mature thing when 12 year olds use the exact same words.

Mature individuals could care less about petty name calling. Sticks and stones, remember?

Yes. That's why we are allowed to call black people n******, right? Because if they are mature, they don't care about the namecalling.

Yes, as a matter of fact. Words only have value you if you attach it to them, which means the burden is on the receiver. Somebody could use just as much spite and vehemence as is traditionally associated with the N word and call me a cracker or a honkey, and I'd just laugh at them.

Of course, that might not prevent you from getting punched in the face, but that's not really the point.
#82Ephemeral1Posted 11/5/2012 12:15:44 PM
strange_guy posted...
Lysamus posted...
Rookie_Jet posted...
strange_guy posted...
@Ephemeral1 I personally think it's silly that people here want to ban others for something sarcastic or "rude" things but at the same time I am sick of the idiots who think they are mature for using 4 lettered words that even a child could spell. But of course that's liberal and democratic thinking for you.

I'm DEFINITELY not on Ephemeral's side, but I don't think that's his point at all...He just wants everyone to ignore smack talk to just talk back because for him, it's all for fun. Unfortunately, he either doesn't see or doesn't care that it's not necessarily fun for others and would rather them adhere to his ideal situation (again, use ignore feature or return smack talk).

I think you've nailed it friend. It's unfortunate that he's unable to construct a more persuasive argument. Perhaps he's forgotten that his point is meaningless if he's unable to convince others of its validity. Maybe I can help him in this regard.

**clear's throat**

While Riot does provide everyone with the report option and clearly outlines what gaming sins should and should not be reported, one should first ask themselves why they are reporting someone in the first place?

Is it because they've offended you? While reporting them will drive the offender away, there will always be others to follow in his or her wake, and the battle will never end. A better alternative would be to remember that, after the game is over, no one will remember who won and who lost, and that in the end, there's no reason to emotionally invest in the outcome of any one given match. Best instead to learn from what went wrong and focus on improving your own gameplay, instead of allowing yourself to be distracted by the antics of a misanthrope. After all, they don't deserve your attention.

Is it for the greater good of trying to clean up the community? While your actions are indeed noble, you must consider that they are depriving others the opportunity to face adversity in the form of verbal abuse. In essence, you are making a decision for the community to shield them from forces that might either wound them or strengthen their resolve while robbing that same community of the opportunity to make that same choice for themselves. It is true that Riot ultimately bears responsibility for the bannings, but you are doing your part to strip the community's freedoms away nevertheless.

If, in the end, you come up with no better answer than doing what Riot has instructed you to do, I say you are doing yourself a disservice friend. The very fact that you can play this game with any degree of competence suggests that you bear both intelligence and critical thinking abilities (this game is not, by any means, user friendly). Employ those skills and make your own impact on this world, rather than allowing others to use you for their own purposes.

**momentary pause**

But in all seriousness, just report them. They have to learn somehow.

Even though I know you were being sarcastic, you actually sounded a lot more intelligent than Ephemeral1 did when he was being serious. Nice, but still I don't think anybody should be reported for saying, "easymode" or "lol gg baddies". If you can't handle that, then I don't know why you are even playing games or socializing with people at all but at the same time they shouldn't be cussing every 10 seconds and calling everyone idiots when they make mistakes. That's reportable.

I'm suddenly reminded of a scene from Idiocracy where the protagonist is regarded as being a homosexual because of his comparatively haughty language.

Anyways, this isn't a bar exam. Please don't feed the trolls.
#83strange_guyPosted 11/5/2012 12:20:24 PM
Ephemeral1 posted...

I'm suddenly reminded of a scene from Idiocracy where the protagonist is regarded as being a homosexual because of his comparatively haughty language.

You're right, I should stop feeding you. Thanks for reminding me. You can get back to playing League of Legends and swearing at little kids. Cya.
#84OwlRammerPosted 11/5/2012 12:20:57 PM
Punish because summoner's code.

Punish because aliens.

---
BlazBlue Continuum Shift - Main: Platinum Sub: Tager|OwlRammer for everything
MvC3 - Deadpool/Magneto/Spencer,X-23/Arthur/Spencer|Travian is awesome.
#85Ephemeral1Posted 11/5/2012 12:24:23 PM
strange_guy posted...
Ephemeral1 posted...

You're right, I should stop feeding you. Thanks for reminding me. You can get back to playing League of Legends and swearing at little kids. Cya.

Well thank you. I'm going to assume this is your tacit support of the points I've made regarding use of the ignore feature.
#86HL_is_the_bestPosted 11/5/2012 12:34:29 PM
It seems, that in a month, Ephemeral has ignored everyone from this board, as they don't share his view and that way "troll" him.
---
''Is it possible to kill the Scout with his own balls if you handle your blast with skill?'' USTraficant
#87Ephemeral1Posted 11/5/2012 12:40:32 PM
HL_is_the_best posted...
It seems, that in a month, Ephemeral has ignored everyone from this board, as they don't share his view and that way "troll" him.

I have? That's news to me, since at last count I've ignored... 2 people. Ever. Should I add you as well, since your aim is clearly to ruffle my feathers, or report you instead?
#88leet_x1337Posted 11/5/2012 1:14:36 PM
Witch__Hazel posted...
Pardon, trash talking is naturally part of any competitive game and if it offends you, you shouldn't play.

Have you ever heard of Cross Assault? Put that in Google, watch the entire video, then say that again with a straight face if you can.
---
Proud Member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race
#89Kevman510Posted 11/5/2012 4:03:13 PM
I can't even believe there are this many ****ies on GameFAQs that would report someone for saying something as ineffectual as "easy" after a game. Good god, how do you get through life without anyone ever saying anything remotely offensive to you?
#90BurnumMasterPosted 11/5/2012 4:07:53 PM
if you report for this, clearly umad. If you punish for this, ubad
---
GT:BurnumMaster