people who say "easy" at the end of games. punish or pardon?

#91KirbixPosted 11/5/2012 4:12:13 PM(edited)
Am I the only one that saw "I'm military" and immediately thought "Oh, I get it."

Hollywood teaches us that, in the military, they discipline themselves. See Full Metal Jacket or A Few Good Men. We should take those guys who say "gg easy" out back and beat them with hoses, since reporting them is clearly "vindictive", to use his words.
(Also, love that you pulled the military card to prove a point. It reminds me of Godwin's Law)

At any rate, 70% of users believe that if you break the rules, you ought to get punished for it, regardless of the feelings of the vocal minority. If anything, it ought to serve as a reminder that if you decide to say "gg easy", you can expect the "Strong Majority" (to use Riot's term) of voters to punish you for it.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#92Ephemeral1Posted 11/5/2012 5:07:32 PM
Kirbix posted...
Am I the only one that saw "I'm military" and immediately thought "Oh, I get it."

Hollywood teaches us that, in the military, they discipline themselves. See Full Metal Jacket or A Few Good Men. We should take those guys who say "gg easy" out back and beat them with hoses, since reporting them is clearly "vindictive", to use his words.
(Also, love that you pulled the military card to prove a point. It reminds me of Godwin's Law)

At any rate, 70% of users believe that if you break the rules, you ought to get punished for it, regardless of the feelings of the vocal minority. If anything, it ought to serve as a reminder that if you decide to say "gg easy", you can expect the "Strong Majority" (to use Riot's term) of voters to punish you for it.

No, you don't get it. If your only point of reference for the world I lived in for 6 years is a handful of war movies, you should probably stop talking. Now. I haven't met a civilian yet that can wrap his mind around the military institution. Even POGs don't really 'get' the infantry, it's that radically different from anything you've experienced. But if you have some kind of preconceived notion about who I am or what I did, and how that relates to my discourse here, please share them. I would love to laugh at your ignorance to your face.

At any rate, I can tell by your preoccupation with my service that you didn't get my point (or why I brought it up in the first place), so I'm only going to waste a few more words on you. All the poll proved is that people have different opinions. Congratulations. I don't think I need to expound on why the majority isn't always in the right.
#93HL_is_the_bestPosted 11/5/2012 5:13:12 PM
Ephemeral1 posted...
Kirbix posted...

No, you don't get it. If your only point of reference for the world I lived in for 6 years is a handful of war movies, you should probably stop talking. Now. I haven't met a civilian yet that can wrap his mind around the military institution. Even POGs don't really 'get' the infantry, it's that radically different from anything you've experienced. But if you have some kind of preconceived notion about who I am or what I did, and how that relates to my discourse here, please share them. I would love to laugh at your ignorance to your face.

At any rate, I can tell by your preoccupation with my service that you didn't get my point (or why I brought it up in the first place), so I'm only going to waste a few more words on you. All the poll proved is that people have different opinions. Congratulations. I don't think I need to expound on why the majority isn't always in the right.

The majority abides The Summoners Code, which should be the rules of the game.
---
''Is it possible to kill the Scout with his own balls if you handle your blast with skill?'' USTraficant
#94LysamusPosted 11/5/2012 5:32:24 PM
Kevman510 posted...
I can't even believe there are this many ****ies on GameFAQs that would report someone for saying something as ineffectual as "easy" after a game. Good god, how do you get through life without anyone ever saying anything remotely offensive to you?

I think a previous poster has already established that trying the "shaming" path to coaxing this community into abstaining from reporting is largely ineffective. You should try being more persuasive. I've provided a handy post earlier in this topic to give you an idea of how to do so.
---
"Ten thousand fools proclaim themselves into obscurity, while one wise man forgets himself into immortality. - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr."
#95joonyoungiePosted 11/5/2012 6:06:00 PM
If you played well and know it wasn't easy for the enemy to defeat you, the word "easy" shouldn't bother you at all.

However if you played like trash and was a punching bag all game I could understand how this might piss you off.
---
http://i.imgur.com/fiZMB.jpg http://i.imgur.com/TeSHa.jpg http://i.imgur.com/rBBQG.jpg http://i.imgur.com/xUh6r.png
#96Kevman510Posted 11/5/2012 6:12:58 PM
Kevman510 posted...
I can't even believe there are this many ****ies on GameFAQs that would report someone for saying something as ineffectual as "easy" after a game. Good god, how do you get through life without anyone ever saying anything remotely offensive to you?

I think a previous poster has already established that trying the "shaming" path to coaxing this community into abstaining from reporting is largely ineffective. You should try being more persuasive. I've provided a handy post earlier in this topic to give you an idea of how to do so.

I'm not trying to contribute anything to the discussion, I'm just merely expressing how utterly stupefied I am that so many GameFAQers can't take even the slightest amount of trash talk without whining to Riot about their hurt feelings. It's like you guys think this is your Little League team back in 3rd grade, except even then kids could think of more insulting things to say than "easy."
#97BuIzeebPosted 11/5/2012 6:13:58 PM
Would not punish solely for it but I would consider it a mark against them.

Kevman510 posted...

it's more that no one wants to play with anti-social little c***s
---
"We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin."
- Andre Berthiaume, Contretemps
#98Kevman510Posted 11/5/2012 6:22:30 PM

Kevman510 posted...

I'm pretty sure the anti-social players here are the ones that get butthurt over the slightest hint of an insult. A normal person would realize that trash talk happens in every game ever created and wouldn't care enough to get riled up over it unless you're some neckbeard that has a major superiority complex. He's not even saying anything bad; "easy" is the least insulting trash talk I could ever even imagine. I would probably be offended if they put so little effort into their post-game trash talk that they only said "easy." League needs to stop treating its community like they're a bunch of ****ing toddlers.
#99BurnumMasterPosted 11/5/2012 6:56:56 PM
BuIzeeb posted...

Kevman510 posted...

That was more offensive than "easy"
---
GT:BurnumMaster
#100MegaModelZXAPosted 11/5/2012 7:02:15 PM
get better and we wouldn't have to say "easy" all the time
---
Dragon Nest: TedMosby
LoL: Nature Is Scary