Why do teams in Monster Hunter have so much more teamwork compared to LoL/Dota?

#1OmniImmortalPosted 11/6/2012 7:43:00 PM
Seems like most people are out for themselvesin LoL/Dota/HoN, while in the MH series there's more people doing what they can to assist their team.
#2mutation10101Posted 11/6/2012 7:43:55 PM
I solo'd all the time in MH lol.
---
10-6-12 The day LoL kept crashing to save the wards.
#3VoidgolemPosted 11/6/2012 7:44:20 PM
Not sure if srs.
---
"Assume all cover will explode. And if it doesn't explode, expect aliens to throw grenades in order to fix that"
#4DarkestPandaPosted 11/6/2012 7:45:07 PM
In Qurupeco missions, I loved to upswing people off of the cliff so they wouldn't get carves.
---
http://i.imgur.com/0n1tg.jpg http://i.imgur.com/2ppa0.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Rlb83.jpg http://i.imgur.com/7TwqX.jpg
#5samuricexPosted 11/6/2012 7:46:01 PM(edited)
Because success = phat loots in MH. In LoL, success = an E-pat on your back.
---
"Think you're a dragon slayer? Come here and try." -Shyvana
#6Earthbound360Posted 11/6/2012 7:45:32 PM
People on MH are just as big idiots. It's just that it doesn't feel as impactuful because you can CHOOSE who you hunt with, and monsters are easy to kill.

Thank you Lancer with no armor skills, for lance charging me into Agnaktor's fire beam.
---
You know 1% milk? If it's 1% milk, what's the other 99% of white stuff?
General Screenname Name: Mik! || Monster Hunter Profile in Quote
#7Elemental_GuardPosted 11/6/2012 7:47:13 PM
because you're fighting a common enemy, and it is way less than human
---
Indifference is what topples civilizations. Be at one end of the spectrum.
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/1586/euclid.png
#8BIadeBIadePosted 11/6/2012 7:48:05 PM
You know that one guy who brings a rapid-fire pellet bowgun on every hunt and always brings combines for more shots in case he runs out?

That guy is me.
---
Rift - Zantoma @ Threesprings <Transience> 11/11 Conq, 8/8
LoL - aljskdfasdf XBL - BladeBlade PSO2 - Rasmolov @ Ship 10
#9Dragonfable101Posted 11/6/2012 7:49:33 PM
Because you don't play against people.

Egos tend to get high in PvP games.
---
Remember that failure only occurs the moment you've decided you will no longer strive for success.
- Lysamus
#10Village IdiotPosted 11/6/2012 8:01:36 PM(edited)
BIadeBIade posted...
You know that one guy who brings a rapid-fire pellet bowgun on every hunt and always brings combines for more shots in case he runs out?

That guy is me.


Me too :D

Seriously though, its because in LoL, you play for 20+ minutes for either IP, or IP + Elo.

In Monster Hunter, you're spending 15 min+ fighting one particular monster and hoping, praying, that it drops the material that you need.

ie: Never

That particular material will mean you're one step closer to completing your next tier weapon/armor, which will in turn make future hunts faster/easier.

Also the fact that your attacks can actually interfere with other players means that you really want to watch what you're doing.

Nothing pisses me off than seeing say, an SwitchAxe user upstrike a Hammer/GS whom is in process of charging their attack.

You want to make a hunt take 5-10 min, or 15-25 min?

If you want to finish a hunt as fast as possible, everyone brings traps/bombs/etc so they do as much damage as fasts as possible.

---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude