New Black Cleaver is garbage

#1FatherRussiaPosted 11/7/2012 9:23:26 PM
For reference

New:
+45 AD
+10 ArPen
+10% CDR
5% armor shred for 6s, stacks up to six times.

Old:
+55 AD
+30% AS
15 Arpen shred stacks up to 3 times

The new version is terrible, the old version was a just below viable first big buy for ADCs if you want to stomp mid game (helps to force the ~25 minute surrender if you have a lead) as it is really the best AD/AS combined option out there.

And they changed it so it is a worse yommu's GB, they backloaded the damage waaaaaaaay too much for an AD caster to use.

MAYBE Garen can use it since his judgement would stack it fast, but Talon, Renekton, Panth etc. would never buy this. It will take them way too long to stack up that Armor shred, they might as well not even have the shred on there.

Unless this is like a 2300g item they might as well just not put it in.

I guess you can do a gimmick Olaf build with BC/LW+his ult's passive to get ~55+75% Arpen after your runes and masteries... but come on, this item was already bad they didn't need to nerf it to the ground.
#2Sid_IcarusPosted 11/7/2012 9:24:16 PM
I disagree with your opinion because christ do I believe it's wrong, especially with the armor pen changes of season 3
---
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Lol IGN- ThatKillerBenoit
#3Dota2Posted 11/7/2012 9:24:22 PM
The old one made me want to vomit when I saw it
#4SlimJimPPJPosted 11/7/2012 9:37:12 PM
I'm gonna miss the old cleaver too T_T
---
radda radda
#5bobguydude1Posted 11/7/2012 9:38:22 PM
i feel like the new one might be a little OP in some if not most cases
---
YOU BROKE RNG!!?!?!?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!- insane_pyro74
#6VoidgolemPosted 11/7/2012 9:41:04 PM
MAYBE Garen can use it since his judgement would stack it fast, but Talon, Renekton, Panth etc. would never buy this. It will take them way too long to stack up that Armor shred, they might as well not even have the shred on there.

HSS applies the shred. Spear shot applies the shred. Cull the meek applies the shred.

You might want to read the description more.
---
"Assume all cover will explode. And if it doesn't explode, expect aliens to throw grenades in order to fix that"
#7hellraiser121Posted 11/7/2012 9:47:35 PM
With the new armor pen change this is going to be totally viable for a lot of people
---
Yeah I Am Just That Awesome. Write About It in Your Diaries Tonight.
The Legend of Dragoon>>>>>>>>>>>>FFVII
#8Rookie_JetPosted 11/7/2012 9:52:40 PM
WW anyone?
#9TomorrowDogPosted 11/7/2012 9:56:43 PM
Regardless if the damage is backloaded for the AD caster, now you can dump your abilities on the enemy and walk away while your AD carry is attacking enemies with a big chunk of their armor gone.

That alone beats the crap out of old Black Cleaver right there I think, there are a ton of abilities that this works great for spreading the armor debuff with. More more effective than trying to get out several auto-attacks on one target.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#10AzezoPosted 11/7/2012 9:58:21 PM
Rookie_Jet posted...
WW anyone?

pointless WW Q and R are magic and therefore don't apply the stacks.
---
Yordles are fun to throw. They make funny noises. Syndra AMA