Who's to blame in this vid?

#21Mouse_CrousePosted 11/9/2012 8:03:21 AM(edited)
Smishhh posted...
Really surprised by so many people blaming the support. In hindsight its pretty clear going back bot would have been a better choice, but Graves wasn't cornered or anything. Wasn't like he was getting dove on, he should have simply ran away from Ezreal once he realized he wasn't trying to kill Soraka.

The biggest mistake in the entire video is at 30 seconds. Graves dashes to the BUSH, instead of farther to the left. That is what got him killed essentially. He could have dashed to Soraka and made sure she was safe, while being totally safe himself.

Graves fault.

Well to be fair, it is Soraka's miss-play to tunnel on Fiddle, he's not important to the scenario. But I agree that Graves had just as bad of a miss-play. Walking to Fiddle without blowing the dash would have given him much more leeway to assess the situation and dash as needed after.

Edit: going back to look again, what was the smoke grenade even for? Using that on Ez would have been a million times better.
#22FlareZeroPosted 11/9/2012 8:06:22 AM
Smishhh posted...
Really surprised by so many people blaming the support. In hindsight its pretty clear going back bot would have been a better choice, but Graves wasn't cornered or anything. Wasn't like he was getting dove on, he should have simply ran away from Ezreal once he realized he wasn't trying to kill Soraka.

The biggest mistake in the entire video is at 30 seconds. Graves dashes to the BUSH, instead of farther to the left. That is what got him killed essentially. He could have dashed to Soraka and made sure she was safe, while being totally safe himself.

Graves fault.

It's easy to say that but Soraka was feared and moved away as Fidds was escaping (You can see Graves E > Qing before seeing Soraka move away from the fear). Instead of chasing Fidds (whereas Skarner was clearly there with Morde hustling down), Soraka should have went back to Graves with Ez stepping up to start a fight with Graves. You could honestly say both players are at fault, but Soraka was the one that could have changed the outcome.
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.
#23End_of_DayPosted 11/9/2012 8:08:19 AM
Graves is defo the one to blame for his own death. The fact that Raka didn't bail him out of his mistake doesn't exonerate him from that.
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#24ssj4supervegetaPosted 11/9/2012 8:10:39 AM
yeaaah theres no real reason that graves shoulda lost. he had a lot more ad, sure ez has cooler abilities but honestly graves shoulda had a vamp sceptar too tbh. also graves managed to dodge ez ult. at the very least soraka coulda ulted if ult was up. if not then meh. soraka went to help with fiddles kill. graves died in a 1 v 1. i wouldnt blame the soraka. and i wouldnt blame the graves really. except that he clearly isnt as skilled as the ez.
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#25End_of_DayPosted 11/9/2012 8:13:07 AM
He E'd out of position, got the minimum damage off on his Q and stuck around auto attacking a completely different champion. The Graves went full derp.
---
#26TheSchrefPosted 11/9/2012 8:14:20 AM
Like others have said, Graves committed too hard, but you should have saved him.
#27SmishhhPosted 11/9/2012 8:21:47 AM
The fact that Soraka could have hypothetically saved him doesn't make it her fault. Graves blew all his cooldowns directed towards Fiddle while simultaneously positioning himself right next to Ezreal and not near any of his team.

He then proceeded to over commit to a 1v1 where he was outplayed, and even when this was clearly evident he didn't try to disengage when he had the chance. At 35 seconds in while Ezreal is missing his ult Graves is clearly still turning to shoot and hasn't fully committed to running away.

Skarner could have technically wasted his flash and ran down to try and save him to, but you don't see anyone blaming him. Yes Soraka could have saved him in all likelihood, and that is a mistake for her, but it isn't the biggest mistake of the encounter. Graves could have saved himself by playing better.

He made more mistakes: wasting dash, dashing to a horrible place, wasting smoke screen, using his Q on someone running away from him when another enemy is beside him, then choosing to not run through his own smoke screen and join his team, which would have neutralized the threat Ezreal posed at least long enough to be safe, not disengaging after being ignited, and finally not continuing to run as Ezreal used his ult.
#28titan6669Posted 11/9/2012 8:31:14 AM
both. graves screwed up but soraka should have been there.
#29happyscrub1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 8:31:15 AM
This thread just got interesting. >.> Seems like a good debate going on.
---
Question, how did world trade center building 7 (the -3rd- building to fall) collapse during 9/11? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnnjIzamnJo
#30End_of_DayPosted 11/9/2012 8:37:13 AM
Smishhh posted...
then choosing to not run through his own smoke screen and join his team, which would have neutralized the threat Ezreal posed at least long enough to be safe, not disengaging after being ignited, and finally not continuing to run as Ezreal used his ult.

this so hard. i can't believe people said scrubs had no map awareness with THIS going on.
---