Who's to blame in this vid?

#31DJG2009Posted 11/9/2012 8:50:17 AM(edited)
Soraka should have saved Graves from Ezreal. Graves should have retreated towards his team, not his tower. They both messed up. Tough to say who's mistake is bigger, because if one had made the mistake and the other didn't (Soraka followed Graves as he retreated to tower, or Graves retreated towards his team while Soraka silenced Fiddle), Ezreal would not have killed Graves.

Edit: Rewatching it, I think Graves made more mistakes than Soraka. Ezreal wouldn't have aggressively jumped onto Graves if Graves wasn't alone. Graves going the wrong way is about equal to Soraka leaving Graves alone, but Graves also messed up in other ways too.
---
The general rule about people seems to be: "Attractive, Single, Mentally Stable," choose two.
#32TyrekeEvans13Posted 11/9/2012 8:47:19 AM
lol @ anyone saying it's Soraka's fault

Are these the same people who rage at junglers not camping their lane for them?
---
The King of Kings
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9971/744sptp062727c1tyrekeem.jpg
#33End_of_DayPosted 11/9/2012 8:48:36 AM
It's easy to see whose fault it was; Graves did literally everything he possibly could have to ensure a kill for Ezreal.
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#34profDEADPOOLPosted 11/9/2012 8:54:47 AM
I still think both are at fault with Graves being more at fault.
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clans
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkeye, Avengers Academy, Defenders, Secret Avengers, Gambit, JLD, and Batwing
#35RaytheRulerPosted 11/9/2012 9:01:04 AM
Graves went the wrong way; he should have retreated to tribush after Quickdrawing to Fiddle. That way Soraka would have seen him if Ez chased. Soraka was right in securing the kill on fid; his drain makes him particularly hard to 1 v 1 without cc. Graves ran back the wrong way; exposing himself to Ez and away from his support who could have easily helped him if he continued forward or to tribush.
#36End_of_DayPosted 11/9/2012 9:08:48 AM
As Smishhh pointed out, Graves threw away his only chance at survival by not walking into his smoke screen. Soraka's positioning was already towards mid after pulling fid away so she wouldn't have been able to reach Ez in time. It wouldn't have even been a mistake for Graves to E into Fiddlesticks like that if he simply followed it up by walking through his smokescreen towards his team, who Ezreal already knew was murdering his scarecrow.

Soraka's play was perfectly safe. People were blaming her earlier because 'durr supports are supposed to support'. A good support doesn't support bad play.
---
#37PsyborgasmPosted 11/9/2012 9:17:01 AM
Soraka's fault. And I like how biased your poll is. Is not babysitting when you're a support; its called supporting.
#38MTRDrunkardPosted 11/9/2012 9:17:03 AM
The reason why this happened is because Soraka ran through the jungle and got attacked, Graves thought he had to react to the situation.

If Soraka just stayed in lane with Graves at the start none of this would have happened.
#39UnderwaterAirPosted 11/9/2012 9:20:25 AM
As an ADC main, that was your fault as support Soraka.

-We just got to lane, there is no actual need to ward yet since minion was was pushing in. Dragon was already cleared, by whom I don't know nor do I really care. Most important bushes at that point would be bottom bush row for forward gank and tribush and both of those looked relatively secure. In some cases you'd want that top area there warded but you should already know to never go out on your own to ward like that because it invites all sorts of bad stuff to happen.
-All you had to do was go back down, drop heal on Graves, do your Wish, auto attack Ezreal, and even if Ezreal didn't die your Graves wouldn't have died and very probable that Fiddlesticks would've died.
-Graves ONLY came up there to help you out. There is a very high and probable chance that if that Graves was any worse or didn't care he'd have just let you die on your own up there. But as an ADC main I know how this works. I let you die on your own, you rage and whine in solo queue so your supporting becomes worse and thus it directly affects my own gameplay even though I made the right decision and you're the fool who got himself killed. Ezreal has very high 1v1 damage in early game thanks to his skillset. E auto targeting, Q low cooldown, W yay, and auto attack speed buff for himself with each hit.
BecauseI guarantee you, solo queue, if that Graves hadn't made that effort to draw off Ezreal they would've collapsed on and wiped you out. And then you'd put up the video and make a post along the lines of "stupid ADCs letting me die in lane" or something.

I've had many games like that before. Support goes get himself into trouble. I try to save him/make something happen. I die. Because if I don't do anything the support rages and stops supporting me or it snowballs into a worse situation in which I don't know what he's doing when he dives 1v3 by himself or something similar. It just gets worse and worse. At least if I try to help and die I can say something in chat like, "darn, my fault, we can try again in a bit but try to wait for my signaling so I know to get ready and not catch myself out of position next time."
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!
#40End_of_DayPosted 11/9/2012 9:26:28 AM
UnderwaterAir posted...
As an ADC main, that was your fault as support Soraka.

-We just got to lane, there is no actual need to ward yet since minion was was pushing in. Dragon was already cleared, by whom I don't know nor do I really care. Most important bushes at that point would be bottom bush row for forward gank and tribush and both of those looked relatively secure. In some cases you'd want that top area there warded but you should already know to never go out on your own to ward like that because it invites all sorts of bad stuff to happen.
-All you had to do was go back down, drop heal on Graves, do your Wish, auto attack Ezreal, and even if Ezreal didn't die your Graves wouldn't have died and very probable that Fiddlesticks would've died.
-Graves ONLY came up there to help you out. There is a very high and probable chance that if that Graves was any worse or didn't care he'd have just let you die on your own up there. But as an ADC main I know how this works. I let you die on your own, you rage and whine in solo queue so your supporting becomes worse and thus it directly affects my own gameplay even though I made the right decision and you're the fool who got himself killed. Ezreal has very high 1v1 damage in early game thanks to his skillset. E auto targeting, Q low cooldown, W yay, and auto attack speed buff for himself with each hit.
BecauseI guarantee you, solo queue, if that Graves hadn't made that effort to draw off Ezreal they would've collapsed on and wiped you out. And then you'd put up the video and make a post along the lines of "stupid ADCs letting me die in lane" or something.

I've had many games like that before. Support goes get himself into trouble. I try to save him/make something happen. I die. Because if I don't do anything the support rages and stops supporting me or it snowballs into a worse situation in which I don't know what he's doing when he dives 1v3 by himself or something similar. It just gets worse and worse. At least if I try to help and die I can say something in chat like, "darn, my fault, we can try again in a bit but try to wait for my signaling so I know to get ready and not catch myself out of position next time."

With that Ezreal's positioning and with Skarner AND THEN Mordekaiser coming in, Soraka wasn't in any real trouble. You must realize this.
Furthermore as an ADC main, I hope you realize how terrible of a decision it was on Graves' part to E forward and then kite backwards, away from his team. I sincerely hope you realize that Ezreal would have committed suicide had he pursued Graves IF ONLY Graves started running in the right direction AFTER he blew his combo. I hope you realize this, as an ADC main.
---