How to play support Soraka well?

#1RaverbasherPosted 11/9/2012 7:18:39 AM
When i use her i usually just stay behind my ADC cos i'm squishy and keep health and mana up (as well as standard support stuff, wards etc.), and keep my eye on teams health after i hit lvl 6. I just feel i could be doing more though.

When i've played against other Soraka's they are sometimes more aggressive, using 'e' proactively to silence, as well as spamming 'q' down if bot duo get too close. I hardly ever use 'q', don't wanna mess with my ADCs last hitting, and usually just use 'e' for mana or if the enemy dive in.

I think my Soraka game could be better though. Any good support Soraka players out there have some tips?
---
Virginity is not virtue,
it's just lack of opportunity.
#2EnricoMarini01Posted 11/9/2012 7:20:57 AM
Your only harass is E/auto-attack/(sometimes Q if they're in range) then run away. She is pretty bad at trading, and if you have to heal yourself, that's about 16 seconds of you having no presence at all.

Going aggressive on Soraka isn't what I would advise, unless it's free harass (in which case, all supports should do it)
---
"Rewind, I wanna go it again, light up the dark, halo on the side
So I'll know it will not leave me wanting, I see my heart, waving me bye-bye"
#3GrimtronPosted 11/9/2012 7:22:08 AM
Poke the enemy ADC with your E, don't hide behind your adc as he or she is squishier.
buy wards.
---
Rin is mai Waifu
| http://i.imgur.com/8TFqH.png | http://i.imgur.com/C36jj.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/OoF1r.png |
#4TrevorkkhoPosted 11/9/2012 7:26:17 AM
Play aggresive only if the other side runs melee support, otherwise you should just be a charger for your adc. Works well with natural tankier and poke type adc(like grave) you pretty much sit back and let adc do all the poking and trade while sustain his health and mana.

Push them out of lane, maintain level/cs advantage. and Yeah, she is passive support, not a kill lane one. Don't aim for kill but push out.
---
POK Erthroid Myeloid Ontogenic
#5Raverbasher(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 7:32:12 AM
EnricoMarini01 posted...
Your only harass is E/auto-attack/(sometimes Q if they're in range) then run away. She is pretty bad at trading, and if you have to heal yourself, that's about 16 seconds of you having no presence at all.

Going aggressive on Soraka isn't what I would advise, unless it's free harass (in which case, all supports should do it)

Trevorkkho posted...
Play aggresive only if the other side runs melee support, otherwise you should just be a charger for your adc. Works well with natural tankier and poke type adc(like grave) you pretty much sit back and let adc do all the poking and trade while sustain his health and mana.

Push them out of lane, maintain level/cs advantage. and Yeah, she is passive support, not a kill lane one. Don't aim for kill but push out.

Got it, thanks. How about mid to late game in team fights? With Ali or Leona it's easy, i just dive in, or playing ADC i just hang back and hit closest target, but what should Soraka be doing? Who should i be healing? Keep tank topped up or save it in case AP or ADC get some attention? Use it asap so it comes off CD for later, or save it?
---
Virginity is not virtue,
#6RihawfPosted 11/9/2012 7:36:49 AM
stay on the edge of the bush
AA -> back to the bush -> out of the bush -> AA
The minions won't agro you, you'll deal some little damage (do this on levels 1~3) that will help your carry.
After some times your catch will be preventing the enemy support CC'ing either you or your carry with your silence (in order to escape from a gank or just a bad engage)
---
LoL NA IGN: MyakkoFirst|steam: rihawf
League of Legends BR IGN: Rihawf (who'd know?)
#7Raverbasher(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 7:58:01 AM
ok, thanks. tips for teamfights?
---
Virginity is not virtue,
#8RihawfPosted 11/9/2012 8:16:39 AM(edited)
As for teamfights, you should be wary of few things:
1 - You have a silence, you can keep off dangerous AP carries from using abilities. For example, Morgana flashes and use her ultimate. Before the ult finishes, silence her and she won't stun your entire team. Or if Kennen is dashing through the team, silence him before he can AoE ult.
2 - Your heal not only save lives but can keep out the focus from enemies as it gives armor. The sudden armor and heal helps off your target (usually squishies or your AD carry)
3 - Your starcall gives MR reduction, use whenever possible. But don't put yourself in danger because of that.
4 - Stay close to your teammates because of your passive. If you can't just silence the AP carry, try to mitigate a little the damage
5 - Position yourself well so you don't get caught or have to blow a flash. Soraka has no way of interrupting things (other than channels and etc) and escaping.

Your objective should be getting Cooldown Reduction (the max of it, 40%) and you should get Tenacity boots since Soraka has no real escape.
---
LoL NA IGN: MyakkoFirst|steam: rihawf
League of Legends BR IGN: Rihawf (who'd know?)
#9iddZk33pPosted 11/9/2012 8:25:02 AM
Raverbasher posted...
ok, thanks. tips for teamfights?

use your ultimate for whenever you can heal the most people
silence champs that spam skills or important channels (riven, nunu, janna, etc.)
#10Raverbasher(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 8:32:43 AM
Awesome, thanks guys, feel well prepared now.
---
Virginity is not virtue,