What are your "instalocking rules"?

#1Her_PaladinPosted 11/10/2012 12:18:35 AM
Do you instalock in any game modes? If so, which?

IMO anything goes in a Blind: you should expect to get trolled. I'll instalock or perhaps pick a champion, not lock in, and wait to see if we're going to have a decent team comp (i.e. if we're not gonna have a jungler or a support, fug it, instalock, but maybe I'll support if that's all we're missing).

Drafts and Ranked I play normally.
---
This is my battle
This is my fight
#2DivinewargodPosted 11/10/2012 12:24:47 AM
Yeah. I'm usually the guy to select a champion and say which role I'd like to play, and see if my team is okay with that. After finding out that my team is not okay with that since my desired role was instalocked, I'll go fill in whichever roles are left. If there's a role I feel I'd do better as rather than the one that I'm stuck with and someone else has not instalocked it, I will ask for that role politely.
---
MHTri: Corey
Fatal Frame is the most interesting horror game series.
#3Danger_ClosePosted 11/10/2012 12:25:05 AM
instalock in blind
always
---
You must defeat me to stand a chance!
#4VoidgolemPosted 11/10/2012 12:28:33 AM
It's normal.

I've been playing support all ****ing day.

everyone else has auto-locked random bullcrap.

YOU GET GODDAMN SUPPORT BEAR.
---
"Assume all cover will explode. And if it doesn't explode, expect aliens to throw grenades in order to fix that"
#5BeerBongJohnPosted 11/10/2012 12:29:20 AM
go PBE insta-lock new champion sit through 1000 dodges GG
---
0% Class
100% A**
#6FlameLord23Posted 11/10/2012 12:29:23 AM
I never instalock. Because I end up filling because I'm not a f***ing douche.
---
Violence is never the answer.
Because the answer is always Vlad.
#7ZimmianZiskPosted 11/10/2012 12:30:04 AM
4/5 of my games I say "I can do any role, but top is my worst" or "I can do any role, but I've been having bad luck as <role> today."

the raining fifth of the time I pick a champ, call that role, and wait. still don't auto-lock unless I'm in a real foul mood.

And if its draft, I say that I can do any role, and ask where they want me every time.
---
The original assassin of joy
Hero's aren't made. They're cornered.
#8Lum1n0usPosted 11/10/2012 12:31:30 AM
If I'm playing normals, not draft mode mind you, then I probably have a specific champion I want to try. I.E. Zed on PBE. Or Lee Sin. So I'll insta lock them and wherever I end up is where I end up.
---
Truth seldom makes room for comfort.
#9MwarriorHieiPosted 11/10/2012 12:53:23 AM
blind normals, instalock mid
---
o.o
#10BurnumMasterPosted 11/10/2012 1:06:21 AM
Always insta lock whatever I want. If someone else picks a champ of that role either troll them to oblivion or go to a "non meta" lane and take all the cs.
---
GT:BurnumMaster