What are your "instalocking rules"?

#11TAMIUS_REBORNPosted 11/10/2012 1:09:31 AM(edited)
My rule is to instalock as if I'm a parent teaching his child manners. Examples:

- I pick a champ with a very clear role (like an adc) and figure there's no need to type it in because it's really obvious that's the role I want to play. I mean, I'm Vayne, what else am I going to play, support? I sit there for 20+sec, then someone says adc and picks one. Me: "I already picked an adc." Them: "Nah, you gotta call it, bro." Me: ...autolock "oops."

- I ask for a role in chat, pick a champ, then sit and wait. Someone calls the same role and autolocks it. No "hey, I'd like that role, can you pick another?" They just lock without a word and assume I'll back down and they'll get their way. A more mature person would probably do what's best for the team and switch, but I prefer to lock immediately after that, imagining that the person who autlocked is some spoiled child who's used to getting his way, and I went and messed it up.

- I pick a role and select my champ, some time passes..."No, I'm being that, pick something else!" Me: "Oh, I'm sorry random internet person, I didn't realize you could demand I play the game how you want." *lock*

The moral of the story here is that I'm petty.

tldr; If I ask for a role and someone locks the same role without a word, or they command me to be something else, I autolock to teach them that you don't act like a spoiled brat and expect to get your way. If I'm asked to play a different role then sure I'll do it, but nobody "asks," everyone makes demands...damn it's annoying.
---
Steam: Calimar777
XBL: Calimar
#12BurnumMasterPosted 11/10/2012 1:15:58 AM
TAMIUS_REBORN posted...
My rule is to instalock as if I'm a parent teaching his child manners. Examples:

- I pick a champ with a very clear role (like an adc) and figure there's no need to type it in because it's really obvious that's the role I want to play. I mean, I'm Vayne, what else am I going to play, support? I sit there for 20+sec, then someone says adc and picks one. Me: "I already picked an adc." Them: "Nah, you gotta call it, bro." Me: ...autolock "oops."

- I ask for a role in chat, pick a champ, then sit and wait. Someone calls the same role and autolocks it. No "hey, I'd like that role, can you pick another?" They just lock without a word and assume I'll back down and they'll get their way. A more mature person would probably do what's best for the team and switch, but I prefer to lock immediately after that, imagining that the person who autlocked is some spoiled child who's used to getting his way, and I went and messed it up.

- I pick a role and select my champ, some time passes..."No, I'm being that, pick something else!" Me: "Oh, I'm sorry random internet person, I didn't realize you could demand I play the game how you want." *lock*

The moral of the story here is that I'm petty.

tldr; If I ask for a role and someone locks the same role without a word, or they command me to be something else, I autolock to teach them that you don't act like a spoiled brat and expect to get your way. If I'm asked to play a different role then sure I'll do it, but nobody "asks," everyone makes demands...damn it's annoying.

Thats not instalocking. It is when you go into a game "Im playing teemo no matter what" BAM the queue pops. You memorize where teemo is and you grab him and lock in immediately.
---
GT:BurnumMaster
#13EphidelPosted 11/10/2012 1:33:59 AM
Yeah, it starts with "insta" or "auto" for a reason.

As for me, in normals I usually grab the champion I want to play if I have anyone in particular in mind, then wait to see if that's going to work with the rest of the picks, at which point I change or lock accordingly. Doesn't necessarily mean I go with the meta, but I try to make a useful pick.
---
When you close your eyes, I disappear.
http://i.imgur.com/BParF.gif
#14casperrulezPosted 11/10/2012 1:35:54 AM
There is only 1 rule:

"I mid or I feed"
---
ThisIsOchoa anywhere it matters
Nothing I post is relevant. Ever.
#15aibohphobiaPosted 11/10/2012 1:42:07 AM
casperrulez posted...
There is only 1 rule:

"I mid or I feed"

---
asdfghjklkjhgfdsa
#16SoIldSnlvyPosted 11/10/2012 1:44:54 AM
I only instalock in bot games and dominion. It's not courteous to instalock in any other mode.
---
Official and Original Mountain-Eating Goddamn Aggron of the Black/White Boards
AKA Ninjaluffy/ Minecraft Name: Anaven
#17Luster_SlyPosted 11/10/2012 1:56:44 AM(edited)
never instalock
if someone's called a role I wanna play, I pick something else.
if I don't know what to pick, I pick support because nobody else plays support. This is probably where most of my losses come from, I'm stuck with roles that can't carry.
---
http://i.imgur.com/4WWRR.png
#18CovenantPosted 11/10/2012 2:10:22 AM
If I'm playing normals, not draft mode mind you, then I probably have a specific champion I want to try. I.E. Zed on PBE. Or Lee Sin. So I'll insta lock them and wherever I end up is where I end up.

This.
#19ArthasRebornPosted 11/10/2012 3:02:06 AM
Yeah. I'm usually the guy to select a champion and say which role I'd like to play, and see if my team is okay with that. After finding out that my team is not okay with that since my desired role was instalocked, I'll go fill in whichever roles are left. If there's a role I feel I'd do better as rather than the one that I'm stuck with and someone else has not instalocked it, I will ask for that role politely.

I'm the same way. Only thing is I make people know I'm really bad at jungling, so I'd prefer it a lot if someone else was able to fill that in for me <_< I must have had at least 50 games where I jungled and I still can't quite get the hang of it.

Not to mention everything is blamed on the jungler.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/arthasreborn http://i49.tinypic.com/32znxno.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/4rrggy.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/af7sdj.jpg
#20Morrowind789Posted 11/10/2012 7:13:30 AM
Never instalock. It's just stupid because your team composition could just end up being ass backwards/creates resentment which doesn't help/etc

Sure if you really wanna play a role/champ go ahead and fight for it, but don't instalock, there's no reason too
---
SC2 : Koroioz 450
DALLAS MAVERICKS 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS