What are your "instalocking rules"?

#21Susan0Posted 11/10/2012 8:20:39 AM
Whenever I want to a) Troll , or b) Play as Kat/Akali .
---
QR Wandering Samurai
Akali is my Waifu. Current amt of Noobs Slain: 700
#22Badmood136Posted 11/10/2012 8:23:21 AM
I don't bother insta-locking. I don't mind playing any role. I prefer support, but oddly enough I've been getting put into carry a lot here lately because everybody wants to be mid or top. *triple mage + jax + ashe teamcomp? Well, ok, I guess...*
---
>;_;> >;_;> ^_^>(::) . . | GT:TwinInfinite
He took our cookie... | Active: MW2, LoL, TF2, Halo: Reach
#23kirbymuncherPosted 11/10/2012 8:33:53 AM
TAMIUS_REBORN posted...
- I pick a role and select my champ, some time passes..."No, I'm being that, pick something else!" Me: "Oh, I'm sorry random internet person, I didn't realize you could demand I play the game how you want." *lock*

This sort of thing is why I don't get why people hate insta-lockers. There is no effective difference between insta-locking a character and just refusing to switch away from that character, yet for some reason everyone complains about the first and does the second
---
THIS IS WHAT I HATE A BOUT EVREY WEBSITE!! THERES SO MUCH PEOPLE READING AND POSTING STUIPED STUFF
#24supeerdudePosted 11/10/2012 8:44:50 AM
TAMIUS_REBORN posted...
My rule is to instalock as if I'm a parent teaching his child manners. Examples:

- I pick a champ with a very clear role (like an adc) and figure there's no need to type it in because it's really obvious that's the role I want to play. I mean, I'm Vayne, what else am I going to play, support? I sit there for 20+sec, then someone says adc and picks one. Me: "I already picked an adc." Them: "Nah, you gotta call it, bro." Me: ...autolock "oops."

- I ask for a role in chat, pick a champ, then sit and wait. Someone calls the same role and autolocks it. No "hey, I'd like that role, can you pick another?" They just lock without a word and assume I'll back down and they'll get their way. A more mature person would probably do what's best for the team and switch, but I prefer to lock immediately after that, imagining that the person who autlocked is some spoiled child who's used to getting his way, and I went and messed it up.

- I pick a role and select my champ, some time passes..."No, I'm being that, pick something else!" Me: "Oh, I'm sorry random internet person, I didn't realize you could demand I play the game how you want." *lock*

The moral of the story here is that I'm petty.

tldr; If I ask for a role and someone locks the same role without a word, or they command me to be something else, I autolock to teach them that you don't act like a spoiled brat and expect to get your way. If I'm asked to play a different role then sure I'll do it, but nobody "asks," everyone makes demands...damn it's annoying.

That ! I hate that so much.
---
T.A.D.M.A.I - This Acronym Doesn't Mean Anything Important
PSN : Liutile
#25T3h_4rb1t0rPosted 11/10/2012 9:52:07 AM
all mid all the time
---
george washington was in a cult , and the cult was into aliens, man. yea the founding fathers were way into aliens.
#26Final_HatsamuPosted 11/10/2012 9:55:28 AM
My rules? NEVER instalock.
---
M-8 "I turn the tide, by choosing to abide"
1Cross + 3Nails = 4given
#27SilverNeroBlastPosted 11/10/2012 10:00:08 AM
Instalocking in Blind is alright,just your opinion wont matter to me anymore.If you want a support/Jungle but no one wants to play it too bad.A team is built with cooperation and not around the first person to lock into a champion.If you lock a champion and not call the role first then be happy you get to play the champion you wanted,it doesn't matter what role the team gives you.
#28Mystic__HatePosted 11/10/2012 10:03:02 AM
SilverNeroBlast posted...
Instalocking in Blind is alright,just your opinion wont matter to me anymore.If you want a support/Jungle but no one wants to play it too bad.A team is built with cooperation and not around the first person to lock into a champion.If you lock a champion and not call the role first then be happy you get to play the champion you wanted,it doesn't matter what role the team gives you.

This, instalocking in blind is alright with me, but don't except to have a perfect team, I didn't come to normals to play support/adc, I came to test out that shiney new mid/jungle/top I got.
---
necroix05 posted... As balanced as my breakfast.
but I only had the cereal
#29gg_easyPosted 11/10/2012 10:05:32 AM
I pick my champ at select, leave it for 10 seconds and declare role in chat. Then regardless of what anyone says, I'll lock in anyway.

This way I give the illusion of caring about other people while always getting my own way.
---
easy
#30Ulala RulesPosted 11/10/2012 10:17:41 AM
Insta-lock in blinds. I don't give a crap. I'm playing that role.
---
http://i.imgur.com/MY9pf.png
http://i.imgur.com/ANwW2.jpg