Recommend me a champion

#1nomorePosted 11/10/2012 4:14:40 PM
I've been playing around with quite a few but none seem quite right, mainly I've been going with:

Heimerdinger - I enjoy playing him, but he doesn't seem all that useful in a lot of situations. Good at pushing lanes back but hopeless at getting kills early game. It's not uncommon to get to lvl 10-12 with 0/0/0.

Fiddlesticks - Really powerful but seems to get shutdown easily by anyone with good harass. Bad at killing minions so often end up fighting under my own turret, struggling for gold.

Shen - With a good team around me he's very useful. But since I'm mainly solo queueing, with 50% of the time getting a god-awful team he can't really be a game-changer on his own. Poor damage and harass.

Darius - solid but usually gets banned.

Maokai - good when i fancy a play in the jungle.

So guess I'm looking for someone who - while a good team player - can make a big solo impact.
A decent AD or AP carry I guess.
I'm noob though so don't really know what makes up a good team composition.

Bonus Points:
What would make a good lane partner with morderkaiser? (as my friend plays him almost exclusively so we try and pair up).
#2Dota2Posted 11/10/2012 4:16:04 PM
What would make a good lane partner with morderkaiser? (as my friend plays him almost exclusively so we try and pair up).

Nobody.

Anyway though, it sounds like you're not 30, or you're at an awful elo.

Just pick whoever looks cool.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qd9BZ.gif http://i.imgur.com/bcrgA.gif
#3jonlaw101Posted 11/10/2012 4:17:12 PM
Nasus
---
Justin Beiber can't do TONS of damage and doesn't build triforce.
He ain't on Phreak's level. - Sir Spiffy Cape
#4nomore(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 4:18:48 PM
I just hit 20, so looking to buy some runes and such once I pick a direction to head down.
#5Stalky24Posted 11/10/2012 4:20:42 PM
nomore posted...

Shen - With a good team around me he's very useful. But since I'm mainly solo queueing, with 50% of the time getting a god-awful team he can't really be a game-changer on his own. Poor damage and harass.

Poor damage and harass? Have you been playing same Shen that I did? He is very dangerous in the lane. Also, Shen is one of those champions that CAN win the game with worse team if played right. Well placed ults give your team kills and towers and if you go for splitpushing, you can win by yourself.

Maokai - good when i fancy a play in the jungle.

Play Maokai in mid. Be amazed.
#6BlocktopusPosted 11/10/2012 4:39:45 PM
Stalky24 posted...
Poor damage and harass? Have you been playing same Shen that I did? He is very dangerous in the lane. Also, Shen is one of those champions that CAN win the game with worse team if played right. Well placed ults give your team kills and towers and if you go for splitpushing, you can win by yourself..

Shen isn't strong enough to carry a horribad team lol. At least from my experience.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cuYAp.gif
#7Skunkdog1Posted 11/10/2012 4:44:13 PM
xerath
#8shackobrahPosted 11/10/2012 4:51:07 PM
nomore posted...
I just hit 20, so looking to buy some runes and such once I pick a direction to head down.

Get these runes first they are used in almost every kinda build,

armor yellows mr blues

Then decide on AP carry or ADC. Because every character falls into one of these two categories, then get quints and runes for those. That way you can have at least some sort of advantage when going into battle.

Look up and research differences between flat and scaling runes, some are better than others. Don't get fooled or lazy and waste IP.
---
Avoid fruits and nuts. You are what you eat.
#9nomore(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 5:10:19 PM
Stalky24 posted...
Play Maokai in mid. Be amazed.

I just tried this out, and wow!
Sapling toss just has crazy range.

I may have to promote maokai from occasional jungler to a regular laner.
#10steamwr4pPosted 11/10/2012 5:39:33 PM
Just avoid Lux at all cost.
---
Official Advanced Lawnmower
PSN: TooNsPIKe --- Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CartooNz0r