Well I really like the look of this game!

#1Lucarioaura22Posted 11/10/2012 8:49:48 PM
I just have some questions.

How does buying a champ compared to grinding to get them seriously differ.
Does grinding take forever? Should I just buy one?
How is shaco and twisted fate? They really caught my eye and want them but my friend says I should get some experience under my belt before diving into playing with them.

Do you start with any champs or do you have to buy at least one to get started?

Thanks in advance guys!!!
---
Charpanda & Lucario LOL NO since day 1. (Originator, DemonReacher all rights reserved)
#2lascat9Posted 11/10/2012 9:02:13 PM
Lucarioaura22 posted...
I just have some questions.

How is shaco and twisted fate? They really caught my eye and want them but my friend says I should get some experience under my belt before diving into playing with them.

Thanks in advance guys!!!

1.) There are no differences in the performance of a champ based on the purchase method, if that's what you're asking. Maybe grinding for a champion would make it feel like you worked for it more, though, I guess.

2.) Grinding doesn't take that long in all seriousness. You can pick up a decent pool of champions and runes by 30.

3.) Shaco and Twisted Fate are obviously different, so I'll give them each their own section.

Twisted Fate: He's an AP mid with a lot of utility due to his half-global ult and stun. His damage may not be as much as other AP mids, but an experienced TF is an asset to any team with constant stuns on key targets.

Shaco: He's a jungler with a lot of tricks up his sleeve. His stealth allows him to sneak up on an enemy and perform a lane gank, where he and his ally in a lane go after the enemy. Shaco takes a bit of time to get used to, but he's a great tool to have. Sadly, Shaco will fall off by the end of the game, but a good Shaco can snowball his lanes before that point and hopefully force an enemy surrender, or snowball his allies to the point where they win teamfights.
---
Not changing this until Chicago Cubs win the World Series. Started: 1908
#3eco masterPosted 11/10/2012 9:07:02 PM
From: Lucarioaura22 | Posted: 11/10/2012 9:49:48 PM | #001

Depends. The expensive champions cost 6300 IP (in-game currency) and that can take quite a few games, seeing as you only get shy of 100 each match, not counting bonuses (or something around 100, I don't really pay attention). Compare that to spending $10 most for a champion.

See above. If you have money and you really want to buy a champion, go for it! Try to wait for the champion to show up during free week, so you can see if you're actually interested in playing the champion.

I don't play Shaco, but he comes off to me as a very high risk, high early-game reward champion. You focus on dealing very high damage at the expense of being a primary target to the enemy team, and typically, you'll go down fast if you wind up in the wrong spot, which is very easy to do, even after you've played the game for a significant amount of time.

Twisted Fate on the other hand is a straight up mage (unless you build him with attack damage instead, but I don't recommend doing that, myself). He's got a nice three-way long range (but slow) spell, a spell that either gives you mana back OR stuns/slows a champion based on when you hit the skill button again, and he can teleport long distances almost instantly while simultaneously revealing all enemies on the map. He's powerful, but as with Shaco, vulnerable to being focused by the enemy team, and your teleporting effectiveness is limited largely by how well your team is going to react to your movements - can't tell you how many times I've ported in on enemies, just to watch my allies run away, oblivious to my existence.

If you're going to pick one of the two, I'd say Twisted Fate is going to be one you'll wind up using for a longer period of time, and he's probably easier to learn.

You don't start out owning any champions, but at any point in the game, you have the current free week roster available to you (as long as you're not playing Ranked games, which you can't do until your profile is level 30 anyway).

The only items you HAVE to spend money on are purely cosmetic, and it's up to you to decide what is worth spending money on.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#4NinjaGuerraPosted 11/10/2012 9:24:51 PM
just earn champs by playing casually and picking them up as you go...

dont "GRIND" to get them...

just play and have fun, youll get champs eventually.
---
Rhythm Game Enthusiast.
PSN/Gamertag/LoL: NinjaGuerra
#5Lucarioaura22(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 9:30:35 PM
Thanks for all of the info guys. Can't wait to play tomorrow!
---
Charpanda & Lucario LOL NO since day 1. (Originator, DemonReacher all rights reserved)
#6OwlRammerPosted 11/10/2012 9:32:56 PM
Also don't forget to get Alistar and Tristana, those two are champions that are free to get. Don't buy them, waste of RP/IP.
---
BlazBlue Continuum Shift - Main: Platinum Sub: Tager|OwlRammer for everything
MvC3 - Deadpool/Magneto/Spencer,X-23/Arthur/Spencer|Travian is awesome.
#7DrewdadruidPosted 11/10/2012 10:43:24 PM(edited)
Hey Lucario if you want add me in game and I'll do my best to show you the ropes
IGN is the same as my Gfaqs name
---
http://www.damnlol.com/super-chuck-norris-15392.html
http://i.imgur.com/aBtgt.jpg IGN: DrewDaDruid