Carrying top lane

#1KirbixPosted 11/11/2012 7:16:30 PM
My duo queue partner and I play jungle/top, and its becoming quickly apparent that our best option is for him to build a top that can carry. So I have a few questions about carrying top:

1) can jayce be built to carry in his current kit? If so, how. Neither of us know much about jayce, but whatever build he's using, it's much more bruiser than carry.

2) he's learning Jax and irelia now and plays wukong pretty well. Suggest 2-3 other champs for top lane carry. Preference is towards those champs that have the ability to snowball even if I don't camp his lane the whole game.

Thanks in advance
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#2Gun SagePosted 11/11/2012 7:36:10 PM
Hmm... Darius can be very scary obviously, Cho is a good top-laner that can build a lot of AP and be very dominating, though he's a very big target (as a plus, if you get a decent amount fed as a jungler, Cho'Gath with full stacks is to big to really target anyone under him...), and there's Poppy obviously.... She's one of the resident hyper-carry's after all.
---
Now these points of data make a beautiful line, and we're out of beta we're releasing on time! So I'm glad I got burned, think of all the things we learned!
#3nyhustler208Posted 11/11/2012 7:44:39 PM
Poppy is op
---
"Let me demonstrate Hammer Diplomacy!" - POPPY
#4Kirbix(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 7:51:09 PM
Hmm, hadn't thought about Poppy.

All right, I can suggest that. Any thoughts on a jungler best-suited to help her? I have almost all of them.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#5eggbasketPosted 11/11/2012 7:51:35 PM
Yorick has a hard time carrying sometimes, but he makes a great disruptor during team fights. Especially since he can ult the adc and you've got another half a carry on your side. He's hard to counter, and counters a lot of top champs. Especially teemo :D
---
There's far too much trash in the universe.
#6WFG_ElitestPosted 11/11/2012 7:53:05 PM
Rumble
---
twitch.tv/elitest
#7FvPPosted 11/11/2012 7:53:21 PM
Also going to suggest Poppy

Nunu is really good at top lane.
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#8BrokeMyMonitorPosted 11/11/2012 7:56:19 PM
peach_vs_faIco posted...
Also going to suggest Poppy

Nunu is really good at top lane.

Against melees. Someone like Vlad will ruin him, and possibly WW as well.

Poppy can be counterpicked to the extreme. Darius and Olaf (especially Olaf) will show poppy a bad time.
---
I've had so many dreams about making love to Kennen and squirrels you can't even fathom it -Askpeevies
LoL IGN: IbrokemyMONITOR
#9Kirbix(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 7:56:51 PM
eggbasket posted...
Yorick has a hard time carrying sometimes, but he makes a great disruptor during team fights. Especially since he can ult the adc and you've got another half a carry on your side. He's hard to counter, and counters a lot of top champs. Especially teemo :D

We did yorick/skarner for a while, and it definitely works... As long as either mid or bot isn't worthless. Unfortunately, logic dictates that about 25% of my games are going to have both be absolutely terrible, and in those games its really tough to pull out a win. Particularly when it comes time to push, and the ad carry has become old McDonald and just farms all day.
---
#10Kirbix(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 9:06:59 PM
Any other suggestions? And I'm still very curious about the answer to #1. Solomid has crap guides for Jayce.
---