Carrying top lane

#21SlaynPosted 11/12/2012 6:21:23 AM
deoxxys posted...
Kirbix posted...
Hmm, hadn't thought about Poppy.

All right, I can suggest that. Any thoughts on a jungler best-suited to help her? I have almost all of them.

a jungler with knockback? that way when he ganks he knocks them towards poppy making it easier to tackle them into a wall (since pooppy usually has to do this from the side to get the collision with wall.

so....Alistar?

I don't recommend Poppy at all. She just has a horrible laning phase.
#22kanyediamondsPosted 11/12/2012 6:21:56 AM
I haven't seen anyone mention Riven yet.
---
Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
#23MagiaIcePosted 11/12/2012 6:24:38 AM
Nasus, Riven, Darius.
---
"They can't backdoor when they're coming through the frontdoor..."~Me
#24_HeXPosted 11/12/2012 6:57:42 AM
BrokeMyMonitor posted...
peach_vs_faIco posted...
Also going to suggest Poppy

Nunu is really good at top lane.

Against melees. Someone like Vlad will ruin him, and possibly WW as well.

Poppy can be counterpicked to the extreme. Darius and Olaf (especially Olaf) will show poppy a bad time.

Olaf doesn't counter Poppy, even with his truedamage your Q does just as much damage so you'll trade each other equally or if you manage to ram him into a wall/minion it's a free win trade for Poppy every time.

Darius is scary early on, Poppy outscales Darius mid/late and wrecks him.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#25WFG_ElitestPosted 11/12/2012 10:43:44 AM
How do you guys typically build Poppy?
---
twitch.tv/elitest
#26deoxxysPosted 11/12/2012 10:52:55 AM
WFG_Elitest posted...
How do you guys typically build Poppy?

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=16923-zekent-poppy-build-guide
---
Any Goat on a cliff would tell you that..
#27UnderwaterAirPosted 11/12/2012 1:42:48 PM
Almost any of the common tops can carry a game if you're good enough.

-get OP enough to where you can split push and hold 1v2 or 1v3 by yourself.
When this happens and you splitpush the enemy team has to respond to you or end up losing towers and the game. If they send one you win the 1v1. If they send two then your allies can win the 4v3 somewhere else on the map. All your allies have to know how to do is hold 4v5 under tower and retreat if need be without letting the enemy initiate.

-become powerful enough to dive and secure teamfights for your team.
You stomp top, get a level advantage, go mid, dive the tower and tank tower to let your mid get a kill. Go b, go bottom, do the same, invade with your jungler, go back top, stomp top, zone him out, take his tower out, go back mid, secure the kill for your ally again, rinse and repeat and at 25 minutes you'll realize that the game is effectively won and all you have to do now is A + left click and QWER in a teamfight and let your allies mop up after you've fed them.
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!
#28eggbasketPosted 11/12/2012 1:47:22 PM
Yeah I'd have to say, if there 3 champs capable of carrying from top lane it would be irelia, Jax, and rengar.
---
There's far too much trash in the universe.