Can any character be a AD carry so to speak?

#11SophieLuvsTofu(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 10:26:57 PM
mystermandragon posted...
there are several factors as to why not every character can be an AD carry.
Any melee champ has to build somewhat tanky instead of full damage to survive running into the middle of the fight

Mage champs dont have abilities that scale off AD and dont have abilites that work with auto attacks

IE. Graves' dash gives atk spd, Ez passive atk spd, Draven axes bonus AD damage.

The other factor people dont think about is the atk animation. Some characters have very awkward animations that actually slow down the champs atk spd.

Good examples: Anivia, Karthus(Why do u think ppl farm with Q?), annie.

Some Mages do have decent animations, Ahri and Kennen are viable because they have good animations and Kennen has an ability that scales off ad

Ahh ok...so ahri and kennen as AD carries?

Any others?
---
http://i.imgur.com/N6JmN.jpg
Thanks mignoncurieux!
#12GlobalCoolingPosted 11/11/2012 10:29:51 PM
Can I buy you RP and send you the codes?
#13dennis941012Posted 11/11/2012 10:31:18 PM
mystermandragon posted...
there are several factors as to why not every character can be an AD carry.
Any melee champ has to build somewhat tanky instead of full damage to survive running into the middle of the fight

Mage champs dont have abilities that scale off AD and dont have abilites that work with auto attacks

IE. Graves' dash gives atk spd, Ez passive atk spd, Draven axes bonus AD damage.

The other factor people dont think about is the atk animation. Some characters have very awkward animations that actually slow down the champs atk spd.

Good examples: Anivia, Karthus(Why do u think ppl farm with Q?), annie.

Some Mages do have decent animations, Ahri and Kennen are viable because they have good animations and Kennen has an ability that scales off ad

anivia and annie makes solid ad carries what are you smoking? :O
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
My favorite person on the board--->http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#14bookwormzzzzPosted 11/11/2012 10:32:48 PM
What is with some of these people O.o

Anyway AD Orionna is good. Passive gives you magic damage as she levels and she has a slow and in lane I level up her shield which gives great armor and magic resist as she levels which is why I love her with Alistars and Tarics. And that Ult is such goodness on anyone not Trist or Ezreal.
---
I AM THE EX-CE KING!
#15Baggi__BumperPosted 11/11/2012 10:36:34 PM
bookwormzzzz posted...
If you can make it work. I mean I play a mean AD Orionna, Kennen, and Lux. But I never do it in Solo Q, cause people whine so much and sometimes it requires a specific support.

The worst thing is when you fail with a different build, and your 0/4 top laner screams "omg report AD Ahri for trolling". No, I'm not trolling, just got outplayed/had a bad game. If you play Ez/Corki/Graves and you fail, people care way less.
---
LoL IGN: SlipperyGooch
http://www.youtube.com/TimMH3
#16bookwormzzzzPosted 11/11/2012 10:41:38 PM
That is so true. As AD sometimes when the Taric or AP Sona is zoning you and your support hard and you can barely cs and what not if you are Ahri, Kennen, Orionna, etc. you have to hear people whining and threatening you and while you may get this if you are a standard ad carry its not in the same amount.

Its the same thing whenever I want to take different roles to different places or take a character anywhere out of the ordinary. Hell people are so stuck on the meta I hear people whine when I want to take EZREAL of all people mid. But if someone were to use him in a tournament and win playing AP people would flock to that. Sometimes I am annoyed as hell by some of the sheep that play this.

Sorry if I had a mini rant, I had a moment ._.
---
I AM THE EX-CE KING!
#17HighUlitmaPosted 11/11/2012 10:58:18 PM(edited)
AD Malzahar works because of his passive.
AD Swain works to an extent (Tormented Crits aren't all that exciting)
AD Lux is a favourite of mine because her passive is a self leona passive (laning with leona is even more fun, but others are just as good).
Finally, AD Zilean. A quick youtube search gives you all you need to know.

Edit: swain's ult does autoattack, I've just never used it.
#18Hyper InfernoPosted 11/11/2012 10:45:58 PM
As the prototypical AD carry, Ashe or Caitlyn have only very minor steroids to affect their auto attacking abilities. This is why people say Caitlyn 'falls off' late game. However, they do have 600 and 650 range respectively, and anyone with an AD carry build will do respectable enough damage late game as long as they can get a team to protect them and get blown up. But if the ranged champion you're playing doesn't have a strong steroid, expect to be outdueled by the other AD carry.
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters
#19LithspPosted 11/11/2012 10:53:26 PM
Yeah basically any champ can ADC if you build them with IE/PD/BT. Pretty much game on as any champ then.

AD Kennen totally owns though.
---
[]Signature[]
#20ZeroisaheroPosted 11/11/2012 11:09:38 PM
You really never want to try it unless you want to get reported or are playing with 5 ppl.

ad kennen is viable, but kinda trollish. why wouldnt you want to play a adc with a steroid? exmp: graves / vayne.

their range needs to be pretty decent to even pull adc off.

ad ahri could work. youd only have 2 skills worth using. not really worth it.