Those things that are not fun for both players

#1TheSteelPhoenixPosted 11/13/2012 2:58:30 AM
I notice there are still a lot of things in this game that need to be overhauled, essentially, things that are either:

not fun for player using it, and not fun for player receiving it
fun for player using it, and not fun for player receiving it
not fun for player using it, but fun for player receiving it

Zileas talked about anti fun one time,and laid out some really clear problems in design, things that just weren't fun.

What are some things that stick out to you?

I think lee sin's Q is really unfun. He essentially gets a free projectile that if it hits, can often times mean death. Since it cost him so little, he essentially doesn't have to think about it, infact, it has no time where its NOT a good idea to use it. This turns makes it so it essentially turns into a game of shooting practice, where you are the target and he is the player. Just not fun, no consequence to using it. (Where as things that cost mana have a consequence, you use it too much and you have to recall).
---
These idiots won't understand hyperinflation until it takes $100 in food stamps to trade for a bottle of gin.
#2BurnumMasterPosted 11/13/2012 3:00:04 AM
I would say Caitlyn's ultimate. It is not fun for the person using it. You know 9 times out of 10 someone is just going to block it and take nothing.
---
GT:BurnumMaster
#3TheSteelPhoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 3:01:30 AM
BurnumMaster posted...
I would say Caitlyn's ultimate. It is not fun for the person using it. You know 9 times out of 10 someone is just going to block it and take nothing.

great example, because its actually really fun for the person getting shot, they get to dash for team mates and someone with higher health gets to feel really heroic by jumping in the way.
---
These idiots won't understand hyperinflation until it takes $100 in food stamps to trade for a bottle of gin.
#4Susan0Posted 11/13/2012 3:03:40 AM
Better Nerf Irelia~
---
QR Wandering Samurai
Akali is my Waifu. Current amt of Noobs Slain: 700
#5Black_Mage_MeeePosted 11/13/2012 3:10:17 AM
You mean, like teemo?
---
~Kweh
#6TheSteelPhoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 3:13:56 AM
Black_Mage_Meee posted...
You mean, like teemo?

I'd actually say yes. The mushrooms are extremely unfun for whoever hits them, because there was absolutely no way of knowing where they are. You can buy an oracles, but even then if he places them on the edge of bushes, you are gonna get hit anyway. There is nothing in your decision matrix that has to do with the shrooms, its just an (apparent) random moment where you lose a large chunk of your health and get slowed (the slow is the most unfun part).
---
#7Black_AssassinPosted 11/13/2012 3:14:02 AM
TheSteelPhoenix posted...

Shaco

/topic
#8BurnumMasterPosted 11/13/2012 3:16:30 AM
Black_Assassin posted...
TheSteelPhoenix posted...

Strap on

/topic

---