I used to believe in Tribunal

#51Kevman510Posted 11/14/2012 12:45:28 AM
If you are spamming your emotes, you know exactly what you are doing. Your intention is to annoy people. For those people saying "turn down your volume", how is that any different than "just dodge" if someone is trolling during champ select. "Just ignore" if someone is swearing and using racial slurs. "Just quit" if someone is intentionally feeding. Why is the burden put on the people being annoyed? Just punish the toxic scum who know well what they are doing.

So basically you want no one to ever say or do anything even remotely offensive and you don't want anyone to ever cuss or brag or do anything aside from shaking the other team's hand after a silent match and then have them both be on their way?
#52Wingding11Posted 11/14/2012 12:46:24 AM
Obviously the person gets off on frustrating people, so I don't mind Tribunal punishment. On the other hand, it's kind of Riot's fault. They put taunt/laugh/joke in the game, and they also allow it to be spammed mercilessly. This cannot go on, there needs to be a price for assaulting everyone else's sensibilities:

Taunts can only be done within 5 seconds after a kill and it stuns you in place for the entire emote animation.

Laugh can only be performed if an enemy tells a joke, or if someone dies during their taunt.

If you tell a joke and nobody laughs, then your joke privileges are taken away.

You may /dance once for every ward you buy. For no real reason other than to get players to start warding.
---
I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. - G.K. Chesterton
#53CovenantPosted 11/14/2012 1:19:54 AM
I think that people who report for this just don't have a sense of humor.
#54Cecil RagnarokPosted 11/14/2012 2:22:51 AM
the_rowan posted...
I would be annoyed by this if Lux players who never stopped laughing didn't always turn out to somehow be the best player on the team.

i got reported today for spamming her double rainbow joke all game in aram

sad to find out that im gonna get a tmie ban for it when someone reviews it
---
RaptorLC: So instead you made a sucky suicide that you're lucky was deleted quickly, so only a few LUEsers are actively mocking you for how bad it was.
#55SlaynPosted 11/14/2012 2:26:36 AM
I would have pardoned, but seriously it is 14 reports in 4 games, that means you pissed off a lot of people. Kind of stupid to do.
#56SiblingzPosted 11/14/2012 2:31:51 AM
I can't stop laughing, this is amazing. He should not of been banned.

I didn't laugh.
---
If you wanna see how smart you are Click here
#57End_of_DayPosted 11/14/2012 3:45:35 AM
wow at the people who are blaming RIOT for this

the option to report for spamming is there

spamming a joke, taunt or laugh is no different than spamming pings or text that cause disruption and annoyance.

lerpaderp derp

WOW WOW WOW.

he was obviously spamming to be annoying. easy punish.
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#58mgtonvac55Posted 11/14/2012 4:18:33 AM
"Not his first time through" isn't a justification for banning somebody for doing nothing wrong.

A big enough majority of the community obviously disagrees and chose to punish him. I don't think people ITT get that the community is governing itself with the tribunal, so people will have different opinions on what's punishable and what isn't. Obviously many people agree that spamming the champion emotes is annoying and shouldn't be done.

Another thing people don't get is that the tribunal doesn't vote to ban people when they hit punish, they vote to give that person a warning. When someone is punished by the tribunal the first time they only get a warning, not a time ban. If a case results in a 14 day ban over something relatively trivial which should have gotten a less harsh punishment, the people who voted on the case aren't at fault, it's the guy who landed himself in the tribunal 4 or 5 times before because they can't stop being a douchebag. Being an ass has a cumulative effect in the tribunal.
---
NYG 6-4
#59CovenantPosted 11/14/2012 5:26:19 AM
I don't think people ITT get that the community is governing itself with the tribunal, so people will have different opinions on what's punishable and what isn't.

Riot has the final decision, though. Even if the whole community unanimously thinks something should be banned, Riot still won't punish it if they don't believe it is punishable (play Darius sometime, watch how many people rage at you just for playing Darius and imagine if they all reported you).

Riot has endorsed emote spam on multiple occasions. Punishing for it after doing so is just stupid.
#60gam3szzz_2Posted 11/14/2012 5:30:55 AM
I would have punished. Fourteen reports means that the person spammed emotes enough that the other players thought it was reportable. Honestly, if that many people reported him over the same thing, then it's instant punish.
---
LoL ID: Pinkuu (Support Player)