Any jungling advice? (Maokai specifically).

#1wanderer918Posted 11/13/2012 4:33:49 PM
Pretty new to jungling, and I think I have the clearing camps part down, but the whole ganking part I seem to have trouble with.

I know to gank lanes that are pushed, and if my team has all lanes pushed I just continue to farm until I see an opportunity. But when the opportunity arises, (like top lane), I go to bush, ping target, then come out leading with root following up with slow. but everytime the enemy immediatly flashes/runs back to their turret before we can kill them. Does this just happen regularly? And I used "we" generously, because usually when I gank the top sits back and watches me 1v1 the enemy until he's 100% sure we can kill them before he decides to join me <_<.
---
Can't think of a sig.
#2Black_AssassinPosted 11/13/2012 4:39:44 PM
If they flash away, come back to the lane soon.

Flash has a really long cooldown.
#3wanderer918(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 4:49:56 PM
Alright thanks, so I'm doing the whole "ganking" initation thing correctly though by running out of the bush until they are in root range, then following up with slow?
---
Can't think of a sig.
#4MelvinrulesPosted 11/13/2012 4:53:59 PM
Try to make sure they're a good way past the river, toss a sapling first then W onto them for more dmg, then Q then towards your opponent. If you have red buff auto attack and if your laner is smart you should get a successful gank.

Vlad/Teemo/Jax/Lee are very frustrating to lane against as they have good escapes, but yoricks, garens, cho's should be relativly easy.
#5GrimmVikingPosted 11/13/2012 4:56:56 PM
Root and only arcane smash immediately as soon as they start moving again. That way you will maximize your CCs to the best. Also try buying the Boots of Mobility, that would make you gank almost every lane even faster. Don't forget sell off the Boots of Mobility later and get a Merc/Tabi Boots when laning phase is over.
---
"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom I am the worst." - 1 Timothy 1:15
#6wanderer918(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 4:58:22 PM
Awesome was always afraid of tossing the sapling for fear it would give away my position. Appreciate it man, and ya Jax jumped to his minion before and my root followed him under his turret. Felt bad.
---
Can't think of a sig.
#7BuIzeebPosted 11/13/2012 5:10:00 PM
Just some advice against Jax/Kat/Lee Sin, try to time your ganks so that he won't have a minion wave to jump to. You can track the progress of his minions by looking at yours on the minimap, since they spawn at the same time.
---
"We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin."
- Andre Berthiaume, Contretemps
#8Last_matterPosted 11/13/2012 5:17:23 PM
Double gank is usually very effective if you know there are no wards. First gank usually burn summoner and they usually think they are safe for a while since you just ganked. The second ganks leads to a kill or force them to b.
---
That was a fail, an epic fail.. - Guy Cecil
#9wanderer918(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 5:39:00 PM
Sell boots, time minion waves, attempt double ganks. Thank you all, hoping to get this jangling thing down.
---
Can't think of a sig.