Would you rather have fun in a game, or win? Compare ranked to normal games etc.

#1Hell0nEarthPosted 11/14/2012 12:11:42 PM
How important is winning, compared with having fun? - Results (85 votes)
Winning is always the most important thing, ranked or otherwise. It has a large affect on my purchases.
14.12% (12 votes)
Winning is important in ranked, and still matters somewhat in normals. I buy champs I know I can have fun winning with.
41.18% (35 votes)
In normal games, winning is much less important than in ranked. I purchase different champions for each game type.
9.41% (8 votes)
I balance winning and having fun in both modes of play. I avoid underpowered or boring champions.
12.94% (11 votes)
In neither mode does winning have any sway over my desire for enjoyment. I only buy champions I can have fun with.
14.12% (12 votes)
As 1), but I also buy underpowered champs if they have powerful mechanics that might someday be balanced.
3.53% (3 votes)
As 2), but I buy weak, fun champs and wait for them to get buffed before entering ranked with them.
1.18% (1 votes)
As 4), but I don't avoid weak champs. I'll know how to play them better when they're buffed and I play them in ranked!
3.53% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
80/80
Pick the most appropriate answer, and by all mean leave comments explaining your choice, or how you feelings differ from the options given. For example, you might feel differently about Twisted Treeline to Summoner's Rift (it should really be Summoners' Rift, shouldn't it? see: http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=922491), but I've not enough answer options to include all the choices I'd like.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#2FlameLord23Posted 11/14/2012 12:17:37 PM
How about a "winning is important." I have fun when I win, but I only buy champions I succeed with, or that I want to succeed with. I don't buy champions that are overpowered.
---
Violence is never the answer.
Because the answer is always Vlad.
#3TomorrowDogPosted 11/14/2012 12:18:37 PM(edited)
inb4winningisfun

inb4tomorrowdog'sinb4failed
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#4FlameLord23Posted 11/14/2012 12:19:25 PM
TomorrowDog posted...
inb4winningisfun

inb4tomorrowdog'sinb4failed

Dammit you edited your post!
---
Violence is never the answer.
Because the answer is always Vlad.
#5TomorrowDogPosted 11/14/2012 12:21:14 PM
I always win, baby.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#6princemarth23Posted 11/14/2012 12:39:19 PM
In normals, most of the time I will just pick whoever I feel like playing. If I really want first win or whatever, then I'll pick a tryhard champ such as Jax, Irelia, Kat etc. In ranked I always pick to win.
#7easymodexzPosted 11/14/2012 12:42:19 PM
You can easily get suspended for playing against the meta (even in normal blind pick), so I wouldn't recommend it.
#8kirbymuncherPosted 11/14/2012 2:21:54 PM
easymodexz posted...
You can easily get suspended for playing against the meta (even in normal blind pick), so I wouldn't recommend it.

playing to the meta has more to do with playstyle than character choice

I've played games as support leblanc, support tf, support ashe... all very unusual support choices and no one cares as long as I actually play support (buy wards, don't steal cs, etc.)

As for the poll itself, I'm definitely concerned about winning though I put entertainment first. Then again, it's not like I enjoy intentionally throwing games so these two things tend to coincide. I won't play a champ if I don't enjoy them though, regardless of how good they are.
---
THIS IS WHAT I HATE A BOUT EVREY WEBSITE!! THERES SO MUCH PEOPLE READING AND POSTING STUIPED STUFF
#9aHappySackaPosted 11/14/2012 2:24:31 PM
easymodexz posted...

Don't listen to this troll.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#10Hell0nEarth(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 3:52:20 PM
FlameLord23 posted...
How about a "winning is important." I have fun when I win, but I only buy champions I succeed with, or that I want to succeed with. I don't buy champions that are overpowered.

That would be the first option, wouldn't it?
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]