I'm really bad at this game, need some help.

#1WafflesquadPosted 11/14/2012 3:20:07 PM
I usually play Dominion, and there I am fairly decent. Every normal (Summoner's Rift) game I play, though, I feel like I'm not contributing anything to my team. I die too easily, I don't level up as quickly, and I don't do a good job of surviving on the front lines. Is there any advice anyone can give, or is it one of those "improve with practice" things? Also, any standard advice as to what to buy on different roles? I usually try to play tank (I die far too quickly as everything else).
Also, I don't have any runes right now (I'm level 5). Would the runes I could use now do anything significant?
---
Currently playing- I Doubt Anyone Cares What I Play
Not changing this sig until Video Game Release Date
#2ssj98_gotenksPosted 11/14/2012 3:21:25 PM
Also, I don't have any runes right now (I'm level 5). Would the runes I could use now do anything significant?

dont bother.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qd9BZ.gif http://i.imgur.com/nFNJo.gif
#3aHappySackaPosted 11/14/2012 3:23:18 PM
Runes are there to boost your early game effectiveness, but if you're as bad as you say then don't bother.

Also just practice more and try to learn from your mistakes.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#4johnny_boy84Posted 11/14/2012 3:23:37 PM
Practice vs bots first. Take a look at all free champs for the week and try them out. You may find a role / champ that you like.

If not, most people will generally start purchasing the cheapest IP champions first. But try all the Champs first.
---
Support your local Poet
#5GevaudenPosted 11/14/2012 3:24:10 PM
Yes practice makes perfect there's lots to learn so ask around while ur playing and hopefully ppl will give good advice.

Learn all roles so you know what they must do during laning and most of all have map awareness.

Pay attention to the mini map 24/7 and buy wards when u can everyone should tho the majority of bad players think only Support should buy wards and that will slowly lead to a gg.

Go to solomid and find a good guide for a champ and learn them also don't use any IP on runes until your level 30 that's when it counts.
---
good, let the hatred flow through you. waste more of your own time. yes...good
#6Wafflesquad(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 3:29:58 PM
johnny_boy84 posted...
Practice vs bots first. Take a look at all free champs for the week and try them out. You may find a role / champ that you like.

If not, most people will generally start purchasing the cheapest IP champions first. But try all the Champs first.

I've already gone and bought Garen and Soraka. I found a champ that I like (Taric) but I think my overall skill needs some work, and that's all.
---
Currently playing- I Doubt Anyone Cares What I Play
Not changing this sig until Video Game Release Date
#7kirbymuncherPosted 11/14/2012 3:37:28 PM
Wafflesquad posted...
I usually try to play tank (I die far too quickly as everything else).

I had this exact same problem for a bit, and my solution was to stop playing tanks <_<

Sure, tanks can take a lot more damage before dying, but they're also generally expected to jump into the middle of everything which means you get hit a lot. You might have more success playing a character who can deal most of their damage at high range since then you'll probably get hit a lot less
---
THIS IS WHAT I HATE A BOUT EVREY WEBSITE!! THERES SO MUCH PEOPLE READING AND POSTING STUIPED STUFF
#8POkemon_PoWeRPosted 11/14/2012 3:38:45 PM
I can help you if you want. PM me and I'll send you my summoner name.
---
I'm the best player here. The rest of you aren't as good as me-ninja1357
JUS FC: 1891 0537 4785