Instead of making melee carries viable riot makes ranged carries more powerful..

#31angermngment101Posted 11/15/2012 7:33:29 AM
They don't have to be within 300 units of you, but within 300 units of who you're attacking.

which means you get bonus range if you are attacking someone, and the person you are trying to hit is behind them?
---
Gamefax
#32kourkourPosted 11/15/2012 7:35:50 AM
They don't have to be within 300 units of you, but within 300 units of who you're attacking.

which means you get bonus range if you are attacking someone, and the person you are trying to hit is behind them?

Oh, man didn't think of that, extra 300 range with reduced damage, should be pretty strong. Imagine cait :p
---
"stereotypical internet guy" -Fuzzy_Blanket
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/kourkour/xcluded.jpg
#33damien91Posted 11/15/2012 7:45:57 AM
angermngment101 posted...

Yes, basically. This was also brought up in the thread.

"But what is going to happen if your enemies are vertically lined up?
Look at the diagram below:

[A]
[B]
[C]

[X]

This case gets weird and odd - but in general, it should hit all of them (A,B,C) if you targetted[sic] B."

---
XBL GT: Falco2073 PSN: Falco2073
#34VoidgolemPosted 11/15/2012 3:12:47 PM
that 60% AS and no other stats.

so powerful.

It doubles your damage output. DOUBLES YOUR DAMAGE OUTPUT.

...except on the guy you're actually trying to kill. And the bonus-shots don't scale with crit/IE.
---
"Assume all cover will explode. And if it doesn't explode, expect aliens to throw grenades in order to fix that"
#35CovenantPosted 11/15/2012 3:33:30 PM
damien91 posted...

Nobody ever thought they had to be within 300 units of the person shooting, but thanks for the clarification.

The concern is that the AD carry who isn't buying any mobility and has to stack damage hard just to have any teamfight impact at all has to get close to three people that can jump on them and kill them in order to make use of this item.

If you could shoot one guy and the shot forked out several hundred units to hit two more, that wouldn't be an issue. But since you have to find them pretty tightly grouped up, I really don't see this being viable since one of them is going to have a gapcloser and use it to end you.
#36damien91Posted 11/15/2012 4:18:58 PM
Covenant posted...
damien91 posted...

Nobody ever thought they had to be within 300 units of the person shooting, but thanks for the clarification.

The concern is that the AD carry who isn't buying any mobility and has to stack damage hard just to have any teamfight impact at all has to get close to three people that can jump on them and kill them in order to make use of this item.

If you could shoot one guy and the shot forked out several hundred units to hit two more, that wouldn't be an issue. But since you have to find them pretty tightly grouped up, I really don't see this being viable since one of them is going to have a gapcloser and use it to end you.

Fair enough, I guess I misunderstood what you were all saying. I read it as you had to be 300 or less away from the target for it to proc. My bad.
---
XBL GT: Falco2073 PSN: Falco2073
#37UnderwaterAirPosted 11/15/2012 8:17:58 PM
Seriously, I'm using more Ashe and Caitlyn because of this.

Kog'maw will take me to 2k elo with this.
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!