Zed build dilemma

#1alcaPWNED212Posted 11/14/2012 3:42:29 PM
So I've been playing some zed and I've been doing very well in laning phase, but when it comes to teamfights it just feels like I'm not doing enough. My main goal is always to jump on the carry with Ult-W-E-Q-Ignite and then just gtfo until cooldowns are done, but sometimes I just get blown up before I can do anything after the ult. It feels like his ult takes a long time to go off for being an assassin, but it could also be my build.

I go:
Boots/3
Dorans
Mercs or CDR boots if they have little CC
Hexdrinker/Brutalizer
hex/brut (whichever I didn't buy)
BT
GA
maw
LW
Youmoos/another BT

See I build him extremely squishy because my priority is to nuke the carry and then dip. But should I build a GA as soon as teamfights start? Or should I go straight for damage output?

Also, weird thought, but I pictured zed with bane's voice from The Dark Knight rises. Idk why but it just seems like it would fit him well. Plus he could talk about him being born in the darkness and all that jazz.
---
I paid my taxes so why cant i punch everyone i see on the street?! WTF Government?!- Knight_Of_Order
#2WayavasPosted 11/14/2012 4:33:15 PM
if u trying to nuke an adc in 1 v 3-5 there is a high chance you will die even with ga
---
If Raptor Jesus is your lord and savior and you are 100% proud of it, copy this into your signature.
#3profDEADPOOLPosted 11/14/2012 4:57:07 PM
I like getting LW before Maw always. I also build a Phage instead of Hex if not laning against AP. The Phage helps you survive teamfights. Upgrade Phage to either Tri-force or FM as one of your last items.

I also sell Brut after LW for either Hex or Phage. Whichever I didn't get earlier.
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clans
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkeye, Avengers Academy, Defenders, Secret Avengers, Gambit, JLD, and Batwing
#4alcaPWNED212(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 9:47:35 PM
profDEADPOOL posted...
I like getting LW before Maw always. I also build a Phage instead of Hex if not laning against AP. The Phage helps you survive teamfights. Upgrade Phage to either Tri-force or FM as one of your last items.

I also sell Brut after LW for either Hex or Phage. Whichever I didn't get earlier.

See i dont like phage on him. He is an assassin and i want pure damage and a GA. My job is to nuke the carry and get out. Youre sacrificing alot of possible damage if youre getting a phage, and alot of wasted stats and gold if you upgrade it into a Triforce.
---
I paid my taxes so why cant i punch everyone i see on the street?! WTF Government?!- Knight_Of_Order
#5profDEADPOOLPosted 11/15/2012 4:00:10 AM
alcaPWNED212 posted...
profDEADPOOL posted...

See i dont like phage on him. He is an assassin and i want pure damage and a GA. My job is to nuke the carry and get out. Youre sacrificing alot of possible damage if youre getting a phage, and alot of wasted stats and gold if you upgrade it into a Triforce.

If you feel like you are getting blown up too easily you might want to build more tanky. I actually prefer FM for more tankiness over tri-Force if not fed.
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clans
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkeye, Avengers Academy, Defenders, Secret Avengers, Gambit, JLD, and Batwing
#6g-cube_mastaPosted 11/15/2012 4:06:11 AM
don't get both hexdrinker and brutalizer, pick one.

getting both clogs you with too many early-mid items (dorans included).

Not worth delaying BT.

As long as GA isn't nerfed, grab it second it's pretty solid in 90% of situations.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png