If I play, I play Riven top or an ADC.

#1RetributionV2Posted 11/14/2012 7:59:03 PM
I'm still confused as to which Runes I should have to play those roles properly. I've looked on Mobafire and have found numerous different suggestions, but I'm hoping to find some actual agreements here from some of the posters.

With Riven, I've been using:
AD Marks
Armor Seals
Magic Resist Per Level Glyphs
AD Quintessences

With the AD carries, I use:
AD Marks
Armor Seals
Magic Resist Glyphs
AD Quintessences

I've seen people recommend:
Armor Penetration Marks (or AD Marks with ArP Quints)
Armor Seals
Magic Resist Glyphs
AD Quintessences (Or Arp Quints with AD Marks)

The AD carries I have are Draven, Ashe, Sivir, Tristana, Varus, and Graves. I have item builds and stuff down for them, but the Runes thing still confuses me as which way is the best to go. Any help?
---
>2012
>Not using meme arrows
#2Nazgl5LordofNazPosted 11/14/2012 8:01:05 PM
Armor Pen is arguably a little bit better on Riven, but you want flat AD to help your AD carries last hit.

MR and MR/level are really dependent on who you're laning against, but generally MR/level are a bit better. Your pages are good.
---
*waits until someone says something funny to quote*
#3zangatsubankaiPosted 11/14/2012 8:05:54 PM
Movespeed Quints are very rarely a bad idea. Aside from that I just go AD marks/Quints Armor seals and Mr glyphs. I guess that ArPen would be good if you wanted to wreck them early game. What you've got however is perfectly fine.
---
If that's how it's going to be... I'll snuff them all out! Every last one of your sickening, happy little reasons for living!
#4MilanBarcaPosted 11/14/2012 8:09:16 PM(edited)
Armor Pen is arguably a little bit better on Riven, but you want flat AD to help your AD carries last hit.

MR and MR/level are really dependent on who you're laning against, but generally MR/level are a bit better. Your pages are good.

Personally, I'd disagree. As I'm sure you already know, Riven's shield scales off of AD, and I'd rather take more effective health than a little armor penetration that can be more or less reproduced with a LW (which you should be buying against heavy armor comps, anyway).

The only champions I'd really recommend ArPen on nowadays are probably Wu'kong, Fiora, Nasus, and Renekton (barring those that I haven't played).

Also, he's right on the money concerning the MR runes. Scaling MR is generally better unless you're going mid.
---
http://backloggery.com/milan