Support soraka is the most boring thing in the world

#11saucejePosted 11/14/2012 9:47:38 PM
same thing with lulu. don't say polymorph because soraka can silence just as well.

Silence won't stop an AD carry from autoattacking you
#12VoidgolemPosted 11/14/2012 9:50:06 PM
not if you're good and actually silence the stun.

You say that like silence has 100% uptime.

Only have to land one~
---
"Assume all cover will explode. And if it doesn't explode, expect aliens to throw grenades in order to fix that"
#13HabnotPosted 11/14/2012 9:52:18 PM
CloudandYuffie posted...
It all depends on the match up. of coarse you dont want to engage a taric/graves combo. as long as you can get your silence off on taric before he throws his stun they cant engage.

LOL does GameFAQs really think a Taric goes "aw shucks I'm silenced we have to back off" or something?

No, Graves just uses his slow first and Taric walks up to you until the silence wears off and you are just as dead as you were before.
---
Look, the point is to get him to go to the naked party, not correctly interpret the Bible. - Ridley X.
#14CloudandYuffiePosted 11/14/2012 10:42:17 PM
That is why I said you don't want a taric+graves match up. any other match up you can at least silence taric and have a chance of pushing. -.- Im disappointed that you didnt see that.
---
Check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/RAWChiliPouch?feature=mhee
#15HabnotPosted 11/14/2012 10:50:30 PM
That is why I said you don't want a taric+graves match up. any other match up you can at least silence taric and have a chance of pushing. -.- Im disappointed that you didnt see that.

Please tell me how that changes with a Taric/Trist, Taric/MF, Taric/Ashe, or Taric/Draven combo. In all of those combos, Taric just runs right at you because you're literally Soraka.
---
Look, the point is to get him to go to the naked party, not correctly interpret the Bible. - Ridley X.
#16CloudandYuffiePosted 11/14/2012 10:59:22 PM
Im just saying I have played soraka quite abit and its not that big of a problem as you make it out to be. Sure if its graves/taric I have more problems and cant just push them out of lane. Even if the adc trys to do damage to me I can just heal my self well walking away and its not like I just over extend so they can't just punish me after the silence goes away. Its all about knowing when to be aggressive and when not to be.
---
#17G0dSlay3rPosted 11/14/2012 11:09:09 PM
Habnot posted...

Please tell me how that changes with a Taric/Trist, Taric/MF, Taric/Ashe, or Taric/Draven combo. In all of those combos, Taric just runs right at you because you're literally Soraka.

Replace Taric with Leona.
#18CloudandYuffiePosted 11/14/2012 11:14:58 PM
Haven't really seen leona much but my experience with her I would say taric is better since his stun isn't a skill shot.
---
#19TalentedMPosted 11/15/2012 12:11:26 AM(edited)
CloudandYuffie posted...
Haven't really seen leona much but my experience with her I would say taric is better since his stun isn't a skill shot.

Her stun is attached to an auto attack. Her ult is a skill shot which effects multiple people and she applies an effect on them which the AD can use to deal more damage. She can do that multiple times as well to a whole team with her W.

Her gap closer is a skill shot but it is so easy to land it is comical. As is her Ult for that matter.

Soraka isn't only built to stand around and heal or give mana either. Banana people all day and use E to silence that taric before he can bother stunning anyone. Lay a ward down and stop Taric from using the bush as a way to get close to stun in the first place.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#20CloudandYuffiePosted 11/15/2012 12:14:35 AM
hmm Intresting didn't know that I never see leona so yah. You speak the truth stop standing around just healing and restoring mana and get abit more aggressive.
---