Can you play offline against bots?

#1APicPosted 11/16/2012 7:14:43 PM
I was thinking of giving this a go, but from I've heard, if you suck everyone hates you and you get banned or something. As such, I was wondering if there was some sort of offline mode where I could play against bots to try to learn the game. Is there such a mode?
---
---------------------------------------------------------------
Stop reading this. Seriously, stop it.
#2Luigy2693Posted 11/16/2012 7:16:41 PM
custom game by yourself
#3APic(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 7:17:21 PM
Ok, thanks.
---
#4Frost_shock_FTWPosted 11/16/2012 7:18:07 PM
Well, you can create a password protected custom game with you and 9 bots, but they're really really stupid so it's only worth learning your character's skills.

You can't actually play offline-offline, since you can't host a server.
---
You had to kill him. The boy cries you a sweater of tears, and you kill him.
Contacts in Profile
#5APic(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 7:22:25 PM
Well, even if the ai is stupid, it's still better than having every player insult me as I try to figure out how to play.
---
#6B01tPosted 11/16/2012 7:29:39 PM
yeah, for the sake of getting to know the game, you can start off with solo custom games, and when you feel comfortable, play against "normal" bots (beginner and intermediate). Also, if you're concerned about people harassing you, you can mute people by pressing the TAB key to bring up the scoreboard and clicking on the speech bubbles to the far right of each character.

Btw, a friendly tip regarding game mechanics: don't just try to farm the enemy champions. Try to get a good grasp of "last hitting" enemy minions, most of the money you'll get from a pvp game will be from minions, not enemy champs.

The idea is to push the lane as little as possible, ie keep it as close as possible near your turret(which will make it harder to kill you). You just watch the minions attack each other, maybe trade spells/attacks with the enemy champ(s), and when a minion is one hit away from death, deal the final blow.

The idea is to deal as little damage as possible to minions, but still get the gold from killing them.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#7Ultoman2Posted 11/16/2012 7:30:22 PM
Co-op vs Ai

Just play 5v5 and even if you suck no-one will care because it's nearly impossible to lose.

It's where I learned to play.
---
History is only as accurate as the Author of the Book.
#8APic(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 7:31:11 PM
Thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind.
---
#9B01tPosted 11/16/2012 7:32:10 PM
(sorry for double posting)
In fact, ai/customs are a great place to practice things like last hitting. It's a pretty basic mechanic, but it takes a lot of practice, and it'll make it easier to get money in games, which means a bigger advantage for you.

Also, if you're just getting used to the game, some good sites with (fairly) accurate advice and guides are:

www.solomid.net, and
www.lolpro.com

although, with solomid, stick to featured or at least approved guides if possible.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#10APic(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 7:36:23 PM
Thanks, I'll be sure to give it a look.
---