New standard ADC build?

#11Shadow EdgePosted 11/17/2012 7:32:32 AM(edited)
Maybe I'm wrong... but I think the item diversification is being created in order to get rid of "standard builds"

Well, at least this time ADCs can opt for a Hurricane-based build: BTs + Hurricane. If I read it correctly, the extra hits of Hurricane only gets 50% of your lifesteal, but you still essentially double your lifesteal if you get all of it to hit. I imagine Varus (Blight) and Graves (Quick Draw procs) could use it well.
---
ns
#12DeanyzyPosted 11/17/2012 7:31:47 AM
Shadow Edge posted...
Maybe I'm wrong... but I think the item diversification is being created in order to get rid of "standard builds"

Well, at least this time ADCs can opt for a Hurricane-based build: BTs + Hurricane. If I read it correctly, the extra hits of Hurricane only gets 50% of your lifesteal, but you still essentially double your lifesteal if you get all of it to hit. I imagine Varus and Graves could use it well.

Twitch as well.
#13Shadow EdgePosted 11/17/2012 7:37:51 AM
Yeah, Twitch should get a lot more full Expunges. Overall increased DPS with his passive.

I tried AP Hurricane Kog last night. I had Berserker Boots, Malady, Hurricane and Rabadon. I had ~2.00ASPD and was hitting 3 targets for 200 magic damage each. I think I only had roughly 225 AP. Not having any good sustain sucked though; you can't rely on lifesteal, and W doesn't work with any sustain.
---
ns
#14B01tPosted 11/17/2012 8:06:46 AM
Shadow Edge posted...
Yeah, Twitch should get a lot more full Expunges. Overall increased DPS with his passive.

I tried AP Hurricane Kog last night. I had Berserker Boots, Malady, Hurricane and Rabadon. I had ~2.00ASPD and was hitting 3 targets for 200 magic damage each. I think I only had roughly 225 AP. Not having any good sustain sucked though; you can't rely on lifesteal, and W doesn't work with any sustain.

that's why you go AD kog'maw proceed to get triple kills ;)

but yeah, best part is, kog's Q gives him a decent atk speed steroid permanently, so you can often get away with just one, maybe two atk speed items. I'd probably go something like:

Zerkers,Bloodthirster, Hurricane, Blood Thirster, Last whisper, Guardian Angel

still haven't played the pbe patch, so i don't know yet
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#15SorrySleepingPosted 11/17/2012 8:26:13 AM
From: Chibi_person | Posted: 11/17/2012 8:16:57 AM | #004
I dont know why you would not build phantom dancer it still has movement speed, crit and attack speed and the passive is good as well.

Didn't a red mention they didn't like the fact that Phantom Dancer gave great offensive stats as well as great movement speed (which is somewhat defensive)?

I wouldn't be surprised to see that MSPD get reduced or get changed somehow.

Movespeed is only 5% now on Phanto Dancer, but it gives you the ignore unit collision passive.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#16DredjPosted 11/17/2012 4:18:23 PM
Can the extra 2 projectiles from Hurricane crit? because if they do then it wouldn't work very well with SoTD for focusing down 1 target.

Statikk Shiv works very nicely with Ashe's passive. It's nice for anyone who naturally attacks very fast too.

Hurricane doesn't work with Vayne, was gunna try it with Draven's passive but then saw the damage gain wouldn't be worth it.

More thoughts when I have them.
#17VoidgolemPosted 11/17/2012 4:30:12 PM
Can the extra 2 projectiles from Hurricane crit? because if they do then it wouldn't work very well with SoTD for focusing down 1 target.

Statikk Shiv works very nicely with Ashe's passive. It's nice for anyone who naturally attacks very fast too.

Hurricane doesn't work with Vayne, was gunna try it with Draven's passive but then saw the damage gain wouldn't be worth it.

More thoughts when I have them.

No. Hurricane has no synergy with a crit build other than giving you more attack speed for the main target.

It's like Tiamat/Hydra - The extra bolts only care about your AD (and onhit effects, which is a step up from Cleave) and deal damage based on half of that - they are incapable of critting.
---
"Assume all cover will explode. And if it doesn't explode, expect aliens to throw grenades in order to fix that"
#18LordMordorPosted 11/17/2012 4:35:50 PM
The extra hits cannot crit, and only do 50% of your attack.

The ones who are going to want it are champs with usefull on-hit effects

MF, kog, twitch, varus, teemo...oh god teemo

Other carries I think will still opt for BT, IE, LW...only thing that may change is some may go for SotD instead of PD.
PD will still be good, but if you don't feel you need the little extra movement or anti-unit-collision and are skilled enough to really abuse the active SotD may be better

Carries are still probably going to want a GA or something for defense
---
This election year....vote the Dark Lord Sauron
He promises better healthcare and free Rings of Power!
#19UnderwaterAir(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 4:42:52 PM
GA is gone. And you want to rush a SotD. There is almost no way in which a person with a BFsword + doran's or something can match the damage output of someone with a SotD. You die immediately the moment the person manages to get a SotD and they can setup any kind of offensive engagement. Your only hope is like some combination of the most timely gank from your jungler, the most perfect flash, play, badassery, exhaust from your support.

Barring any of that, boots + sotd + exhaust from enemy support = death for your carry or your support.

=========

You heard it here first. SotD rush bottom lane new meta.
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!