Why do streamers stream live?

#1happyscrub1Posted 11/17/2012 3:39:42 PM
Isn't easy for people on the other team to just open up their stream while playing in a game against them? Gotta be even super easy for people with duo monitors.
---
Question, how did world trade center building 7 (the -3rd- building to fall) collapse during 9/11? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnnjIzamnJo
#2Tro77TroPosted 11/17/2012 3:40:16 PM
Seriously? Delay.
---
Fiora is mai waifu. :O
"I read this as a Bannanable Offense. I was like, what ksing with raka?" -Kirby1207
#3MxMonsterPosted 11/17/2012 3:40:17 PM
delay
---
LoL IGN: MxMonster09
The night is dark and full of terrors.
#4zeppelin312Posted 11/17/2012 3:41:48 PM
obligatory post

delay
#5happyscrub1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 3:42:47 PM
I don't recall a delay in some of the ones I watch. Or atleast it's not a very long delay.

I'm not talking about spectating
---
Question, how did world trade center building 7 (the -3rd- building to fall) collapse during 9/11? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnnjIzamnJo
#6TAMIUS_REBORNPosted 11/17/2012 3:46:37 PM
The delay in good streams is just a few seconds, so delay isn't really a good answer.
---
Steam: Calimar777
XBL: Calimar
#7aHappySackaPosted 11/17/2012 3:48:03 PM
But this isn't starcraft, there's too many variables for one player on the opposing team to orchestrate a counter to everything he sees on stream.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#8KirbixPosted 11/17/2012 3:51:47 PM(edited)
While that's probably true (and I'm not sure how their opponents don't at least try to capitalize on it), the fact is that if it's not live, they can't respond to their chatroom in real time.

Ex: I watched Wings stream for a few minutes the other day and he had a chatroom open with viewers asking questions, which he'd answer. Doesn't make much sense to do that if they're asking questions on a 3-minute delay.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#9TAMIUS_REBORNPosted 11/17/2012 3:49:42 PM(edited)
aHappySacka posted...
But this isn't starcraft, there's too many variables for one player on the opposing team to orchestrate a counter to everything he sees on stream.

If the streamer doesn't put something over his minimap it's easy to look over and know where everyone on the enemy team is. You don't have to counter everything, but now you know if it's safe to do Baron or Dragon or splitpush, etc.

The moral of the story is that anyone who streams should at least put something over their minimap so they don't screw their team.
---
Steam: Calimar777
XBL: Calimar
#10happyscrub1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 3:49:46 PM
aHappySacka posted...

1. Jungle is starting blue

2. They are invading near bot tri bush

3. That bush is warded.

4. They are doing baron!

5. They trying to bait baron

6. Their ADC is farming golems, force fight now!!!

ect.
---