How to learn ADC?

#1FatherRussiaPosted 11/17/2012 5:32:27 PM
Sup guys, ADC is my weakest role and I was wondering (other than just playing) how to learn ADC well? I pretty much only have Ashe & Tristana, but I was thinking about buying graves or corki to try to learn.

Any recommendations? I'm running:
21/9/0
AD Reds
MS Quints
Armor Yellows
MRes/Level Blues

Maybe AD quints instead of MS ones? I don't have much trouble with CS though, it is balancing CSing and Poking that is the problem.
#2Young CloudPosted 11/17/2012 5:33:55 PM
use ashe, farm, use w and q to poke, e to sometimes check the river

use r when you feel like you have to use it
---
Young Cloud - Worst. Topic. Maker. EVER
#3ArwenTinuvielPosted 11/17/2012 5:54:35 PM
From someone who played support the majority of the time, play the support role for a bit. The botlane is honestly a 2 person affair: you won't do well if your support is trash, and the support can't do much if the ADC doesn't play well. As you play a support role, you'll get a better feel for where to poke, how to poke, and when to poke, and all of these will translate into your awareness of how to cooperating with your support partner when you do actually play the ADC role. In addition, you'll understand better when it's safe to poke and when it's not.

I actually find playing ARAM a good way to learn how to play ADC. I've met a lot of people who are great laners but don't know how to teamfight, and if you have the chance to actually play an ADC on ARAM, you'll learn positioning in a teamfight.
---
http://arwentinuviel.deviantart.com/
#4omisflyPosted 11/17/2012 5:54:58 PM
Watch Aphromoo

Be the best
---
http://oi47.tinypic.com/ruttmt.jpg
#5EqualismPosted 11/17/2012 6:15:39 PM
Last Hit
Poke enemy when you can
when you think you can go in for a kill go for it, communication with your support can help this greatly

try to get 1 kill and 50 cs before backing for an early BF sword and Berserker greaves

if minions are under your turret wait for full health melee minions to be hit twice, at this point they will be one shot
caster minions die in two turret shots, but one leaves them with just under half health, it will be hard to last hit these

try to only back to spawn when minions are attacking the enemy turret, this way you miss minimal cs while you're gone and your enemy will be busy clearing out their turret.

If you're losing your lane try to destroy the enemy turret when you can, if you're winning your lane by a lot considering letting the turret leave in favor of more early farm. If you're doing good you may still want to destroy the turret in favor of roaming to help other lanes.

stock up on pots everytime you back, laning phase I pretty much always have 3 pots

Build order:
boots+3
BFs
Greaves
Vamp scepter
IE
PD
BT
LW
GA

If you're dying early get GA sooner. If you're forced back and have around 475 gold consider getting a dorans blade.

Instead of rushing IE on Ezreal and Corki getting TF is a good idea, getting IE later on.

Pay attention to your enemy's build, kills, assists, cs, and level to judge how you're fairing.

Pay attention to your support and capitalize on his actions when you can.

A good way to get kills I've found is harass them down slowly to half health. Then suddenly dash in and give them everything you have.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QEdEj.jpg
#6G0dSlay3rPosted 11/17/2012 6:19:34 PM
Graves is a nice all-round AD carry.

He has a bit of CC that can be very effective when used right in his W.
He has mobility and a refreshable AS steroid in his E.
His Q is great for harass, pushing and close-range nuking in late-game.
His ult is pretty good in tight corridors.
His AA animation is nice and responsive, despite Riot nerfing his attack speed a couple of patches ago.

In comparison, i can last-hit with Graves just fine, but Varus feels like a nightmare to last-hit with thanks to the "delay" in his AA animation.
Graves just shoots and that's it. No delay, no big chance of you interrupting the animation.
#7Susan0Posted 11/17/2012 6:21:12 PM
1) Play Vayne
2)Rush Phantom Dancer
3) Raep enemy bot/top
4) Rush 2nd PD
5)???
6) PROFIT!
---
Official Daedric Prince of Madness of All Boards
Akali is my Waifu. Current amt of Noobs Slain: 700
#8KirbixPosted 11/17/2012 6:22:13 PM

His AA animation is nice and responsive, despite Riot nerfing his attack speed a couple of patches ago.

In comparison, i can last-hit with Graves just fine, but Varus feels like a nightmare to last-hit with thanks to the "delay" in his AA animation.
Graves just shoots and that's it. No delay, no big chance of you interrupting the animation.

Every ADC is an adjustment, I think. I played Ezreal for ages and that was about it. I've been trying to pick up Graves, and he feels really clunky to me.
He's just different from Ez, I guess.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#9G0dSlay3rPosted 11/17/2012 6:25:10 PM
Kirbix posted...

Every ADC is an adjustment, I think. I played Ezreal for ages and that was about it. I've been trying to pick up Graves, and he feels really clunky to me.
He's just different from Ez, I guess.

Doesn't feel that way. EZ, Graves and Corki feel like they have similarly responsive AA animations for me. I can last-hit equally good with all of them.
Ashe and Vayne are also a good example.
But someone like Kog with somewhat slower projectile travel time and Varus with his small AA delay before actually firing the shot make me wonder why Riot doesn't just standardize all ranged AA animations.