3-3 ranked so far. Solo queue 5s ELO doesn't matter. At all.

#21CyborgSage00x0Posted 11/18/2012 5:20:28 PM
I'm not the TC, but...

The system is designed to put good players at the top

How it was designed doesn't matter, but it clearly doesn't work as intended.

and no substantive criticism against it has ever passed even the barest of scrutinies.

That makes no sense. There are literal essays on the problem with LoL's ELO system. Not only that, but the system itself has been re-tooled many times-we just did have it rebalance what each ELO is worth, after all, when Diamond was added.

That alone proves how falliable the system is, just like anything else in ELO. Saying it stands up to every citisism is god damn BS.

Stats don't make you a good player. Winning games does. The game consists of multiple stages and the laning phase tends to be over-represented in stats.

Incorrect. TC has good stats, but has lost games beyond his control. A few posts up, happysac1 has admitting to feeding and being a bad player many tiems, yet still being around ~1700 elo (meaning he got carried).

So, one player plays WELL enough to win, but doesn't due to AFKers or whatever, and the other person does NOT play well enough to win, yet gets Wins anyways due to being carried. All that shows is that WINS are the stats that LEAST correspond to skill. Do you follow?

Or are you admitting that the system rewards you more on random chance (if you have a good team vs bad team, comapred to you as a player relatively)? Because that seems to be the inescapable issue here: Wins are how ELO is determined, but wins area poor metric of individual ELO.

Age Of Empires III ELO system would be great for this game.

And if you keep playing, AFKs will give you more wins (4 potential afks on your team, 5 on theirs so you have better odds). It is incredibly stupid and potentially very frustrating, but the system works.

But that assumes everyone has the same luck, which is untrue. I almost never get teams to play against that have AFKers, for example.
---
Steelers: 6-3 Next: RAVENS. Currently playing: Borderlands 2, LoL, Super Mario 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising.
#22happyscrub1Posted 11/18/2012 5:43:28 PM(edited)
CyborgSage00x0 posted...
Incorrect. TC has good stats, but has lost games beyond his control. A few posts up, happysac1 has admitting to feeding and being a bad player many tiems, yet still being around ~1700 elo (meaning he got carried).

So, one player plays WELL enough to win, but doesn't due to AFKers or whatever, and the other person does NOT play well enough to win, yet gets Wins anyways due to being carried. All that shows is that WINS are the stats that LEAST correspond to skill. Do you follow?.

People who constantly lose games with good stats are usually the people that get fed, but do nothing but farm and go bot lane when baron is up at end game.

I win games even when I feed because I know where I need to be when laning is over. People like you and the TC probably only know how to kill and not die. That's not even over 50% of the game.

I can't tell you how many games I lose regularly because the ADC doesn't help with objectives or don't move to group fast.

People need to learn that the more fed you are, the more responsibility you have for being in the right place at the right time. Unless you got ALLLLL those kills solo, you took gold someone else could of had. If you can't have late game map awarness as a good fed person, then you need to let other people last hit kills so it's less of an issue if you are slow to objectives.

I rather have a fed support over a fed anything else if that support knows how to play late game.
---
Question, how did world trade center building 7 (the -3rd- building to fall) collapse during 9/11? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnnjIzamnJo