Does elise hard counters brand (and all other skill shot champs?)

#11happyscrub1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 5:06:40 PM
Hell0nEarth posted...

So, you're upset because you can't burst her in 1 combo?

I'm not upset. I just want to know is she a hard counter. She's a new champ, there's a chance I'm missing something that one of you might show me differently.

In the end, it helps me as a player knowing this in rank in the long run.
---
Question, how did world trade center building 7 (the -3rd- building to fall) collapse during 9/11? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnnjIzamnJo
#12Herostratus_Posted 11/18/2012 5:07:34 PM
why would you take brand bot lane are you bad at this game or somethign
---
LoL IGN: Yossarian42
#13noone369Posted 11/18/2012 5:07:42 PM
happyscrub1 posted...
Dualitypain posted...
Just don't go for the kill when she's in spiderform, then. Her spiders only come out when she's a spider. You have abilities that don't care about how many enemies are hit in all 3 cases (pillar of flames, lucent singularity, and whatever morgana's puddle is) so harass her with that if she's in spider form. If she's in mage form, then you wont have to worry about that and you can go for the kill).

But she repels to me. That's how she killed me all the time. She lands on me in melee range and her spiders are in front of her.

Doesn't W+E kill the spiders? Also, did you try E+R+W+Q on her?
---
She was absolutely sincere. Emperor help me, they really were pleased to see me. Things must be even worse here than I'd imagined. - Ciaphas Cain
I end topics.
#14happyscrub1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 5:11:09 PM
Herostratus_ posted...

Lower elo than me troll probably thinking I'm talking about SR. Nothing to see here.
---
Question, how did world trade center building 7 (the -3rd- building to fall) collapse during 9/11? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnnjIzamnJo
#15happyscrub1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 5:33:11 PM(edited)
noone369 posted...

Doesn't W+E kill the spiders? Also, did you try E+R+W+Q on her?

I don't know. Her spiders get 100 base plus 25xlevel HP.

Brand W and E do 135 base damage at lvl 2. But her spiderlings got 50 MR also!

>.<

Edit: Maybe if I had flat runes. I run magic pen marks and quints, but scaling AP gylphs.

---
#16Tali_ZorahPosted 11/18/2012 5:34:25 PM
I play a fair bit of Elise as well, particularly on Dominion, and I find that while she can hardcounter many skillshot champions, Brand is not one of them. Maybe early game, sure, but later on no. You might managed to dodge his combos a couple of times, but good Brands will adapt to this and learn how to hit you.

The thing about Brand is that the smart ones will wait until the stun is pretty much assured, when they can guarantee that it will land. This is in particular true when you use Rappel, which will put you in a predictable position behind him. Running for him isn't really an option as he can just stay out of range fairly easily and stun you if you do happen to get within spider leap distance. And then there's his ult. You can Rappel to minimise its effects, this is true, but that also means you can no longer Rappel to get to him unless you know he has it on cooldown. At the same time, if he's smart, he'll wait till you've used Rappel before he uses his ult on you.

There's also one last little problem... he absolutely destroys your spiderlings with most of his attacks. Usually, for me, having someone kill my spiderlings is no problem, as I just cast a couple of spells and they are back. But when they can do it so easily... it pretty much means you can't rely on the spiderlings at all. A good brand is going to hit you with his combo when you attack him, and it's going to annihilate all of your spiderlings, which is going to greatly decrease your damage output.

You CAN beat Brand, it's just he has an excellent kit for smashing Elise. Which seems pretty suitable because, y'know, she's a spider, he shoots fire, spiders burn easily, you get the point.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3568 3549 8596
#17DuDuDu10101Posted 11/18/2012 5:46:45 PM
Herostratus_ posted...

because bot lane in dominion is actually a farm lane, while the top usually is a cluster truck of bruisers making out
---
*slaps TC with a raw chicken*
This will continue until you make proper gamefaqs messages.