is not role filling bannable?

#21Gamegeek123Posted 11/18/2012 10:05:58 PM
Rising Chaos posted...
Not respecting pick order because you didn't get what you called and refuse to fill a role your team needs is certainly punishable. That doesn't mean you can't do something unusual but there should probably be some sort of logic behind it. If you're expected to support and pick Trundle, so be it. If your team already has Kayle going top and a standard bottom lane setup, then you deserve some reports for jungling dunkmaster Draven unless it's a full premade and your bros are okay with it.

And umm, that tribunal case looks like a pretty clear case of punish to me. "Died consecutively 7 times after respawning giving akali free kills." I'm inclined to believe it: Three levels down on rest of team, miles behind on gold half of which she didn't even spend, no assists let alone kills. That's not merely bad, that's simply not trying if not outright trolling. The absolute silence is not conducive to teamplay and probably indicative of trying to avoid incriminating herself in the tribunal.

You don't get a time ban the first or even second time you're indicted by the system either. Getting suspended on a Level 10 account is pretty solid evidence that it's an alt of a chronic troll / toxic player who's already been permabanned on other accounts for this kind of behavior.

fail
---
Shogunate
#22MastaOOPSPosted 11/18/2012 10:06:18 PM
Blizzard09 posted...
ffxblak12 posted...
its it a punishable offense? as long as you are actually trying to win?

no its not, there is nothing you can reported for..

Actually people can and have been time banned for breaking meta and not discussing it with their team.
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
#23wilmer007Posted 11/18/2012 10:24:24 PM
MastaOOPS posted...
Blizzard09 posted...
ffxblak12 posted...
its it a punishable offense? as long as you are actually trying to win?

no its not, there is nothing you can reported for..

Actually people can and have been time banned for breaking meta and not discussing it with their team.

Theres a difference between trying to play something like AP Pantheon when that is a clear troll and then playing AD Pantheon when u refuse to support. Playing AD Pantheon anywhere u want will not get u banned while playing AP Pantheon will have a better chance of getting u banned.
---
XBL GT: xXxwilmer007xXx | http://www.youtube.com/user/wilmer007
In CoD you USE Killstreaks, In BF you ARE the Killstreak
#24FvPPosted 11/18/2012 10:26:59 PM
not punishable, but you can label it as unskilled

and you can get banned by derpy tribunals...

i'll never stop pulling this case out for the poor guy :(

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/5924275/

if there was ever innocence lost... it was that day...

0-7-0

Intentionally feeding

I would report
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#25KiluuenPosted 11/19/2012 10:42:05 AM
Really, like you never have a bad game? I'm of the opinion, that unless the person says they are intentionally feeding, they should get the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah she fed Akali, but akali is one of the most snowbally champs in the game. I watched scarra stream last night, and voyboy got a single kill on a cho gath and was then able to turret dive him successfully for the rest of the game. This was at 2k elo, not a newb cho that hasn't played the game before.

Ashe is far less tanky than a solo lane cho'gath, so laning against an Akali with a kill advantage on her would be impossible.

This Ashe was an obviously new player being bullied by his team for dying to one of the top pubstomp champions in the game. The akali could have just as easily been a smurf, who first bought akali because they know it stomps newbs.
#26CovenantPosted 11/19/2012 10:54:38 AM(edited)
wilmer007 posted...
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20075032-tribunal-faq

Q: Can I be banned for not playing the meta?
A: Players are not banned by the Tribunal for not playing the meta; they are banned for consistently creating negative experiences for others.

You can have duo mid if u want or solo bot ADC and nothing will happen unless u display toxic behavior.

You don't seem to understand that the answer you quoted is a yes. You can be banned for not playing by the meta. All it does is clarify that you don't get banned for not playing by the meta, but instead for consistently creating negative experiences for others... by not playing by the meta.

There have actually been bans for not playing by the meta, even if you end up winning and contributing to the win. People whined and reported them, they got banned for it.
#27wilmer007Posted 11/19/2012 1:03:39 PM
Covenant posted...
wilmer007 posted...
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20075032-tribunal-faq

Q: Can I be banned for not playing the meta?
A: Players are not banned by the Tribunal for not playing the meta; they are banned for consistently creating negative experiences for others.

You can have duo mid if u want or solo bot ADC and nothing will happen unless u display toxic behavior.

You don't seem to understand that the answer you quoted is a yes. You can be banned for not playing by the meta. All it does is clarify that you don't get banned for not playing by the meta, but instead for consistently creating negative experiences for others... by not playing by the meta.

There have actually been bans for not playing by the meta, even if you end up winning and contributing to the win. People whined and reported them, they got banned for it.

Like i said earlier if u play AP Pantheon u deserve to be banned but playing AD Pantheon when u refuse to support is not a bannable offense.

My friend only plays Cass and he has never been banned. I have seen him play Cass bot before with no problems and ive seen him top aswell. If he were to build AD Cass he would be banned but he wont get banned just because he plays one champ only and he has been playing since Season 1.
---
#28CovenantPosted 11/19/2012 1:47:02 PM
wilmer007 posted...
Like i said earlier if u play AP Pantheon u deserve to be banned but playing AD Pantheon when u refuse to support is not a bannable offense.

You're talking about what should be the case.
I'm talking about what people have actually been banned for.

There are documented cases on Riot's Tribunal forum of people being reported and banned through the Tribunal for not playing by the meta, even if they win the game, are contributing to the win, and are showing no other unacceptable behavior.

My friend only plays Cass and he has never been banned. I have seen him play Cass bot before with no problems and ive seen him top aswell. If he were to build AD Cass he would be banned but he wont get banned just because he plays one champ only and he has been playing since Season 1.

The fact that your friend has yet to be reported and banned for his behavior does not invalidate the fact that other people have been reported and banned for similar behavior.
#29wilmer007Posted 11/19/2012 2:22:19 PM(edited)
Covenant posted...
wilmer007 posted...

You're talking about what should be the case.
I'm talking about what people have actually been banned for.

There are documented cases on Riot's Tribunal forum of people being reported and banned through the Tribunal for not playing by the meta, even if they win the game, are contributing to the win, and are showing no other unacceptable behavior.

The fact that your friend has yet to be reported and banned for his behavior does not invalidate the fact that other people have been reported and banned for similar behavior.

I'm pretty sure my friend has been reported but the fact that he hasn't been banned shows that the tribunal works correctly. Perhaps the cases in the tribunal forum have certain circumstances such as a history of trolling or a history of negative experience for other players such as toxic behavior or something else but my friend has never been banned therefore the Tribunal works as intended when it comes to Not Following the Meta. And my friend doesn't speak or understand English very well either so even if he didn't speak one word of English u can't ban him just because he always picks Cass and doesn't say a single word to his team since not speaking English is not a bannable offense either.

Another case is one of mine. In games where i play where my team is so brain dead that they can't focus ADC i will sit in ALL Chat and say "Report team thx" over and over and over. My team and the enemy team all say they will report me yet till this day i have not been banned for saying "Report team thx". However i got a 2 week ban recently just for saying "noob team ftw" (refering to my bad teammates). So the tribunal works so long as you know what u can and can't say or do.
---
#30CovenantPosted 11/19/2012 2:36:11 PM
wilmer007 posted...
I'm pretty sure my friend has been reported but the fact that he hasn't been banned shows that the tribunal works correctly. Perhaps the cases in the tribunal forum have certain circumstances such as a history of trolling or a history of negative experience for other players such as toxic behavior or something else but my friend has never been banned therefore the Tribunal works as intended when it comes to Not Following the Meta.

For a system to work it has to work in every case. Tribunal has significant failures in this regard. Also, you quoted Riot's statement that disagrees with what you're saying.

There is no room for argument here. Riot disagrees in both stated and practiced policy.

And my friend doesn't speak or understand English very well either so even if he didn't speak one word of English u can't ban him just because he always picks Cass and doesn't say a single word to his team since not speaking English is not a bannable offense either.

Actually, it is. Refusal to communicate. There are reform cards out there wherein the person who was punished didn't say a single word and they were reported and punished for that exact reason.

Another case is one of mine. In games where i play where my team is so brain dead that they can't focus ADC i will sit in ALL Chat and say "Report team thx" over and over and over. My team and the enemy team all say they will report me yet till this day i have not been banned for saying "Report team thx". However i got a 2 week ban recently just for saying "noob team ftw" (refering to my bad teammates). So the tribunal works so long as you know what u can and can't say or do.

What you can or can't do depends entirely upon whether or not people will bother to report you for it. It isn't a matter of knowing the rules so much.