is not role filling bannable?

#31wilmer007Posted 11/19/2012 5:49:38 PM

For a system to work it has to work in every case. Tribunal has significant failures in this regard. Also, you quoted Riot's statement that disagrees with what you're saying.

There is no room for argument here. Riot disagrees in both stated and practiced policy.

I'm not saying the system is perfect because i have actually asked Riot about the whole Meta thing and even they gave me a yes and no answer. But if your a player who has played 1k games the exact same champ and has not done anything out of the ordinary and you do get banned by Riot after 1k games that are all the exact same way, you have every right to do anything and everything u can to get yourself unbanned or at least get the community on your side to get Riot to fix their system. But if one guy decides to troll every 20 games and thinks he can try and overturn a ban it's not gonna happen because more than likely Riot has looked at his entire match history and chat logs and has determined that he likes to troll every 20 games.

Actually, it is. Refusal to communicate. There are reform cards out there wherein the person who was punished didn't say a single word and they were reported and punished for that exact reason.

Riot will not ban someone like my friend if he didn't speak one word of english. And like i said he only knows a few words so it's not like he understands everything your saying to him nor would he know how to write out sentences either. How do i know Riot won't do this because if he is playing the same champ over and over for the past year and has been playing AP Cass and doesn't go 0-10 it's obvious he is not trolling or intentionally feeding (maybe he had one bad game out of like 50 games thats not grounds for ban either). If they look at ur match history and see that you are a player that has played say 1k games where u had had good and average scores and you haven't said a single word in any of those 1k games it is possible that maybe you do not even speak English. What do u want Riot to do send every player that doesn't speak in game ever, asking that player if they speak one word of English. What now Riot is gonna start forcing every player to learn English now. Seriously!!!!!!!

There's a difference between a player who speaks alot one game and then doesnt say anything in the next game. But there is no difference when a player has played the exact same way for the past 1000 games and doesn't say much either and when he does say something he is not being toxic and trying to help his team win.
---
XBL GT: xXxwilmer007xXx | http://www.youtube.com/user/wilmer007
In CoD you USE Killstreaks, In BF you ARE the Killstreak
#32Toe_JamulonisPosted 11/19/2012 6:39:19 PM
wilmer007 posted...
Covenant posted...
wilmer007 posted...
Like i said earlier if u play AP Pantheon u deserve to be banned but playing AD Pantheon when u refuse to support is not a bannable offense.

You're talking about what should be the case.
I'm talking about what people have actually been banned for.

There are documented cases on Riot's Tribunal forum of people being reported and banned through the Tribunal for not playing by the meta, even if they win the game, are contributing to the win, and are showing no other unacceptable behavior.

My friend only plays Cass and he has never been banned. I have seen him play Cass bot before with no problems and ive seen him top aswell. If he were to build AD Cass he would be banned but he wont get banned just because he plays one champ only and he has been playing since Season 1.

The fact that your friend has yet to be reported and banned for his behavior does not invalidate the fact that other people have been reported and banned for similar behavior.

I'm pretty sure my friend has been reported but the fact that he hasn't been banned shows that the tribunal works correctly. Perhaps the cases in the tribunal forum have certain circumstances such as a history of trolling or a history of negative experience for other players such as toxic behavior or something else but my friend has never been banned therefore the Tribunal works as intended when it comes to Not Following the Meta. And my friend doesn't speak or understand English very well either so even if he didn't speak one word of English u can't ban him just because he always picks Cass and doesn't say a single word to his team since not speaking English is not a bannable offense either.

Another case is one of mine. In games where i play where my team is so brain dead that they can't focus ADC i will sit in ALL Chat and say "Report team thx" over and over and over. My team and the enemy team all say they will report me yet till this day i have not been banned for saying "Report team thx". However i got a 2 week ban recently just for saying "noob team ftw" (refering to my bad teammates). So the tribunal works so long as you know what u can and can't say or do.

My friend drives home drunk every night. He drives by cops all the time but has never been pulled over. Therefore, if you drive drunk, you'll never go to jail.

Your argument is bad and anecdotal evidence =|= fact.
#33ExalxPosted 11/19/2012 7:03:27 PM
What does that case have to do with role filling? That has absolutely nothing to do with getting banned for not following the meta as they had 4 AD carries and acknowledged it from the start.

And just by looking at the case, you can tell that something was up. 0/7/0 and 21 CS.
While you can argue that the bad stats were due to the fact the enemy snowballed after the first few kills and she may have had competition for farm, she said nothing for the entire game.

Based on that alone, you can assume she was trolling. The people bad mouthing her may have been in the wrong as well but there's really no excuse for her not to say anything. It's basically a refusal to communicate with your team. Even if she didn't understand the language, it doesn't mean she lacks self awareness. If you die multiple times in the beginning, the very LEAST you can do is give some sort of apology in whatever language it is you speak. It'll show that you weren't purposely trying to waste 20 minutes for 4 other people.
---
Monster Hunter Tri: Exalx (2ZFG9Y) HR:130+
#34KiluuenPosted 11/20/2012 5:08:21 AM
Exalx posted...
What does that case have to do with role filling? That has absolutely nothing to do with getting banned for not following the meta as they had 4 AD carries and acknowledged it from the start.

And just by looking at the case, you can tell that something was up. 0/7/0 and 21 CS.
While you can argue that the bad stats were due to the fact the enemy snowballed after the first few kills and she may have had competition for farm, she said nothing for the entire game.

Based on that alone, you can assume she was trolling. The people bad mouthing her may have been in the wrong as well but there's really no excuse for her not to say anything. It's basically a refusal to communicate with your team. Even if she didn't understand the language, it doesn't mean she lacks self awareness. If you die multiple times in the beginning, the very LEAST you can do is give some sort of apology in whatever language it is you speak. It'll show that you weren't purposely trying to waste 20 minutes for 4 other people.

Or, because he has been time banned instead of given a warning, he knows that if he says anything in response to the bullies the tribunal hangs him out to dry. He could not speak english. He could be bad at last hitting and in a duo lane, since the Ezrael was in middle against Karthus.

I'm sorry, but if you start raging and lying about a teammate to the other team, and they then mute you. It should be your fault there is no communication.
#35SpacefrisianPosted 11/20/2012 6:34:42 AM
Covenant posted...
Doing anything that upsets people is bannable. It's pretty stupid.

Does that include picking a role 4th or 5th pick screamed, even when you were 1st or 2nd pick?
---
Lets move mountains or mount movements.
#36SoulstrikesPosted 11/20/2012 7:40:45 AM
Why not email riot support staff with this question, more likely to get a legitimate response, anything here is just conjecture and things being taken out of context.
---
BW FC: 4384 5911 2850
#37wilmer007Posted 11/20/2012 7:47:04 AM
Soulstrikes posted...
Why not email riot support staff with this question, more likely to get a legitimate response, anything here is just conjecture and things being taken out of context.

I made a ticket not too long ago (it was during the 2 for 1 Rune Page deal) to Riot asking them if not following the meta was bannable and their response was basically a yes or no answer.

Here's the ticket and what the response was:

Wilmer007, Sep 17 12:41 (PDT):
I like playing playing Mid only so i don't like playing support, adc, jungle or top. Would you ban me for not playing another role? I ask because when i play Draft and someone gets to pick before me and they want to mid i'm stuck fighting with them or having to take another role or have both of us at mid.

I mean the other players are always threating me if i don't play a role i don't like to play then i will get reported. I shouldn't be penalized by being forced to play a role i just don't like.

For instance i like Ranged therefore Ranged only play mid and bot as ADC so they wouldn't work well if sent into the jungle and top. Melees are not my thing so that's why i have very few melee champs and so i don't see how baning me because i am forced to play a role i don't like nor have the runes or champs for it.

Kazrick, Sep 18 11:59 (PDT):
Hello Summoner,

Thank you for contacting me about this. While I wish I could give you a direct answer, I'm afraid that is not really possible. Our system for determining when to suspend an account is based on a great number of factors. We take in to account how frequently someone gets reported, how severe the infractions are, whether the reports were for the same issue or different ones, and a great number of other things. Also, please keep in mind that malicious or erroneous reports against you will not cause you to get suspended.

My best advice to avoid a suspension would be to take whatever steps are necessary to correct the reason you are being suspended. For example, if you are having issues with being disconnected, contact your Internet Service Provider or consult a computer repair professional. If the suspensions come from the Tribunal, review the Summoner's Code and make liberal use of the /mute and /ignore commands when you have another player flaming you in a match.

I'm sorry I couldn't give you a more specific answer on this. If you have any other issues, or if you would like clarification on any of the points I have brought up, please feel free to contact me again and I would be glad to help you.

May your opponents be worthy,
Kazrick
Riot Games Player Support

So Riot literally told me "Yes and no"
---
#38Soldier3rdClassPosted 11/20/2012 7:49:30 AM
not punishable, but you can label it as unskilled

and you can get banned by derpy tribunals...

i'll never stop pulling this case out for the poor guy :(

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/5924275/

if there was ever innocence lost... it was that day...

Oh wow man.

I read that entire log to see

Tristana [All] [00:14:48] She's **** talking
Ezreal [All] [00:14:50] Shuld uninstall
Tristana [00:14:52] Threatening
Tristana [All] [00:14:58] To intentionally feeding

As far as I see Ashe never once talked in the chat.
---
2500K @4.5Ghz // GTX 680 SC SLI // 8GB RAM // Extreme3 Gen3 Mobo
SteamID: SmurfyD
#39wilmer007Posted 11/20/2012 7:57:14 AM(edited)
Soldier3rdClass posted...

Oh wow man.

You don't know what she was saying in champ selection or if she ever said that she would intentionally feed in champ selection. This is why Riot needs to add pre game and post game to reporting so that cases are better accurate because that case was one that is a tough to call because no one knows what happened in pre game chat. That case basically came down to the luck of the draw if that case got ppl who didnt bother to read or examine the case and they all voted to punish then Riot would just go with what the Tribunal said. If it was the other way around and the ppl took the time and to read and examine and decided to pardon then Riot would not have banned that player. Like i said that was one of those Luck of the Draw cases which shouldn't be happening in the first place. Riot needs to make the system were it is the same for every case of similar situations, not a one gets pardon and the next gets banned.
---
#40Soldier3rdClassPosted 11/20/2012 8:01:32 AM(edited)
Soldier3rdClass posted...

Oh wow man.

You don't know what she was saying in champ selection or if she ever said that she would intentionally feed in champ selection. This is why Riot needs to add pre game and post game to reporting so that cases are better accurate because that case was one that is a tough to call because no one knows what happened in pre game chat. That case basically came down to the luck of the draw if that case got ppl who didnt bother to read or examine the case and they all voted to punish then Riot would just go with what the Tribunal said. If it was the other way around and the ppl took the time and to read and examine and decided to pardon then Riot would not have banned that player. Like i said that was one of those Luck of the Draw cases which shouldn't be happening in the first place. Riot needs to make the system were it is the same for every case of similar situations, not a one gets pardon and the next gets banned.

They act as if she's presently talking bad about them and threatening to intentionally feed. If it was in champ select don't you think they would of used past tense such as "She threatened to feed." or " She was **** talking. "
---
2500K @4.5Ghz // GTX 680 SC SLI // 8GB RAM // Extreme3 Gen3 Mobo
SteamID: SmurfyD