Is building a Warmog's on Veigar bad?

#1GHExpert123Posted 11/19/2012 9:28:20 AM
You see, Veigar's my favorite champion and I've been playing for quite a while. I always have four core items. (Sorc Boots, DFG, Rabadon's, Rylais) and I leave the last 2 slots for Tanky items. Usually, people don't mind if I get Tanky items, but whenever I get a Warmog's, my teammates FLIP on me. They tell me that as an AP Carry I shouldn't worry about getting item's like Warmogs.

My logic is this though; if I have 3 AP items and 1 Pair of Boots and with those, plus my passive on my q, I have roughly 750+ AP, why should I build more AP on Veigar? That's honestly more than enough.

So I'd just like to know, is Warmog's just not a good idea on Veigar? Because it seems I can build any other tanky item except that; Warmog's just makes people mad at me. Is there something I'm missing here? I'm honestly confused.
---
Dark Cloud 3 needs to be made already! People that agree with me: 43
Not changing my sig until Street Fighter: The Animated Series is on Netflix.
#2anilEhilatedPosted 11/19/2012 9:29:28 AM
Warmog is generally considered a bad last item because chances are you won't get it to full.
---
For who could ever...?
#3ssj4supervegetaPosted 11/19/2012 9:31:25 AM
you never have "enough" but the end result is "if it works it works" so try it out
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#4Rookie_JetPosted 11/19/2012 9:33:12 AM
If you have two slots left, I'm sure most people would rather you use it for a Zhonya's which gives good armor and a very useful active. The last slot could be used for another AP-defensive combo item like a lich bane. If you need more MR than that, take a banshee's veil or FoN while it lasts :-P

People are going to rage no matter what. If you go 10-2-9 and lose, they will say it's your fault because you didn't build that one more AP item that would have done enough damage to win the team fight. Even if they went 5-7-5 or something, LoL community likes to displace blame.

To summarize, I find there are better defensive items for Veigar than warmogs, but do what you want.
#5Final_HatsamuPosted 11/19/2012 9:34:31 AM
anilEhilated posted...
Warmog is generally considered a bad last item because chances are you won't get it to full.

This mainly. New Warmog's is losing the stacks passive, anyway, so try it and see if it still works for you.
---
M-8 "I turn the tide, by choosing to abide"
1Cross + 3Nails = 4given
#6MelvinrulesPosted 11/19/2012 9:44:47 AM
GHExpert123 posted...
You see, Veigar's my favorite champion and I've been playing for quite a while. I always have four core items. (Sorc Boots, DFG, Rabadon's, Rylais) and I leave the last 2 slots for Tanky items. Usually, people don't mind if I get Tanky items, but whenever I get a Warmog's, my teammates FLIP on me. They tell me that as an AP Carry I shouldn't worry about getting item's like Warmogs.

My logic is this though; if I have 3 AP items and 1 Pair of Boots and with those, plus my passive on my q, I have roughly 750+ AP, why should I build more AP on Veigar? That's honestly more than enough.

So I'd just like to know, is Warmog's just not a good idea on Veigar? Because it seems I can build any other tanky item except that; Warmog's just makes people mad at me. Is there something I'm missing here? I'm honestly confused.

Personally I'd go for a G.A..
#7GainazzoPosted 11/19/2012 9:54:12 AM
Yes I'd say Zhonyas and GA are the top tier defensive items for casters, followed by Frozen heart and Banshees.
#8_HeXPosted 11/19/2012 9:54:41 AM
anilEhilated posted...

That's the general rule of thumb for all the items that require stacking to achieve their full potential (RoA, Manamune, AAS, Warmogs and so on)
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#9Rookie_JetPosted 11/19/2012 10:05:22 AM
_HeX posted...
anilEhilated posted...

That's the general rule of thumb for all the items that require stacking to achieve their full potential (RoA, Manamune, AAS, Warmogs and so on)

It's so easy for me to fill up AAS with Veigar though. Buy tear on your first b and watch the MASSIVE AP jump when you finally upgrade it to AAS (sometime after DFG for me). Also, I think few people agree that RoA is hard to max out. Most champs who build it get it in about 15 min and most of your games will last at least 30 min. If you're very confident you're ending in 20 min surrender, just leave it as a catalyst--still useful.
#10_HeXPosted 11/19/2012 10:12:02 AM
Rookie_Jet posted...
_HeX posted...
anilEhilated posted...

It's so easy for me to fill up AAS with Veigar though. Buy tear on your first b and watch the MASSIVE AP jump when you finally upgrade it to AAS (sometime after DFG for me). Also, I think few people agree that RoA is hard to max out. Most champs who build it get it in about 15 min and most of your games will last at least 30 min. If you're very confident you're ending in 20 min surrender, just leave it as a catalyst--still useful.

It's still pretty pointless to get RoA as your last item, if you're going for it, it should be one of the first items you complete. You want it to be fully stacked by the time teamfights start to happen. Tear is okay to leave for a while before completing because the stacks you've built up transfers when you make it into AAS.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.