How should i REALLY build gragas?

#11g-cube_mastaPosted 11/19/2012 12:17:43 PM
RoA is bad on Gragas.

It's not bad, it's just the build that has fallen out of favor.

It's what you should aim for if you dare try Topgas.

Also if you're mid vs an assassin that is blowing you up (Diana, Akali) you can get it as well.

You turn into a mega sustain bot with it. Your passive heals based on a % of health so it helps that heal more as well. Your % damage reduction has more health to work with as well.

It's not bad on him, it's just not the popular build at the moment. There's reasons for that though but it still doesn't make it bad.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#12Solid_Acid12Posted 11/19/2012 12:27:16 PM
So rush Abyssal first instead of ROA?
---
I'm the bad guy? When did this happen?
#13chicostickPosted 11/19/2012 12:35:11 PM
Solid_Acid12 posted...

I usually do that. Like g-cube said, you can get RoA if you are against Diana or Akali Mid (or getting ganked by Kass/Diana/Akali)
#14g-cube_mastaPosted 11/19/2012 7:10:04 PM

Double Doran's Abyssal is for when you're doing okay but so is the other mid. Also good vs poke champs (Ori, Ziggs, Xerath) etc.,

Any time you think "damn I need some mres."

Double Dorans' Deathcap is if you don't believe the other mid can kill you and/or you are ahead. Also good if you plan to roam to other lanes. Because Gragas is such a good farmer you end up w/ Deathcap fairly early and if you show up to another lane with a Deathcap and they're not expecting it you will do more damage than anticipated and net some kills.

Plus maybe make them rage at their mid for not stalling your deathcap/calling mia etc.,
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#15nastylepPosted 11/19/2012 7:16:04 PM
agree, he has enough sustain where you can start with a dorans then NLR/boots on your first trip back against virtually any matchup. Rush Deathcap and void staff is my go to with gragas.

I also love lich bane on him, as it has incredible synergy with his E (if used as an attack, rather than an escape)
#16EltoniaXPosted 11/19/2012 7:17:31 PM
AD
---
you have some extreme mental instability issues- Lmaokai
I'm a mobile fountain triangle!
#17Small_appliancePosted 11/19/2012 7:40:52 PM
I really like to get a Chalice before Deathcap. His mana costs are pretty huge, and at low levels your W won't be enough to sustain you unless you play more passively. It's cheap, so it won't gimp your damage enough to make a noticeable difference, and you'll be able to poke much more.
---
Cooler than Freddie Jackson sippin' a milkshake in a snowstorm.