who counters jax?

#31DeathWish96Posted 11/19/2012 1:57:22 PM
The answer is always either Karthus, Nunu, Yorick or Ezreal.
In this case you can say Nunu and Yorick.
---
#32xRustySpoonPosted 11/19/2012 2:06:26 PM
This topic is making my eyes bleed.
---
Get destroyed.
GT/Steam: xRustySpoon Follow these tips and you'll be fraggin' like a pro.
#33kourkourPosted 11/19/2012 2:06:38 PM
I just skimmed through, but i dont think i saw this answer yet..

I would pick Akali. I have never lost my lane to a jax as Akali. You play very conservatively in the beginning levels, and when he tries to trade with you throw down your bubble and hit him with a quick Q, AA, E (maybe one more AA if you can manage) and then back out. Sometimes youll have to throw down the bubble without even returning fire. that's ok, just try to make your pots last. If you want, you can even start cloth 5.

then, once you hit level 6, let your ulti stack 2 stacks. And hit him with a Q, AA, E combo if he's at full HP then walk away.

When everything is off cooldown and you're healthy/have popped your pot, go all in on him with Q,R,AA, E, IGNITE, Q,R,AA- DEAD.... bubble somewhere in there if you have to, but beware that it may deny you the kill if you run low on energy,

It may take a couple games for you to get the hang of it, but i made it happen from my very first akali game. Someone told me to pick Akali into jax and i listened and i saw and i conquered, even though it was my first time playing Akali- seriously anyway.

I try not to first pick Akali so that i dont get raped by a counterpick Cho (happened once, boy did i learn my lesson). But for Jax, she's my go to. This may not work for everyone, but it works for me, so take it for what it's worth to you. Happy ganking :)

And then jax buys a pink ward. GG.

I'm saying this from experience, an akali was beating me top and for the life of me I couldn't understand how, a friend of mine with whom I was aplying simply told me "buy 2 pink wards and place them on the brushes"

Akali proceeded to get destroyed and feed me into oblivion.
---
"stereotypical internet guy" -Fuzzy_Blanket
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/kourkour/xcluded.jpg
#34shadow99226Posted 11/19/2012 2:07:05 PM
Any strong laner can beat Jax.

In teamfights, any AoE stomp comp will melt him instantly.

I don't get all the Jax hype, really. He's never been an issue in any of my games. Darius, on the other hand...
#35PointmanPosted 11/19/2012 2:12:49 PM
I never play top lane, but I took Ahri against a Jax top once and crushed him.
In teamfights Rylai's kept our back line safe, easy game.
#36SharzakenatorPosted 11/19/2012 2:15:40 PM
Teemo
---
TOasters gonna TOast
#37SinntheticPosted 11/19/2012 2:20:21 PM
Surprised no one said Malphite o_O
---
GT: Sinnthetic
Nova / Frank / Dante - "POWER OF THE.....FRANK!"
#38NersnailPosted 11/19/2012 2:21:54 PM
Everything you said is so oversimplified and situational. Jax is not going to eat Garen's Q to the face without trading back MORE damage. And if Garen initiated the engagement, Jax will still have his Q up. As soon as silence ends, leap away and come back and abuse Garen while he's all tapped out for another 6 or 7 seconds.

Do you even spin?

Garen will win the trade.

His Q does as much damage as Jax's Q. Judgment will outdamage Jax's auto+w, especially if it's maxed first. He won't even have to take auto+w if he positions himself right because Judgment has longer range.

Jax has to wait before he activates E or use Q because of the 1.5 silence, and Garen can anticipate that and activate W to maximize the full effect. Or he can enter the bush so Jax can't Q to him.

Jax has a small window of opportunity to fight back, but doing so puts him in range when Q comes off cooldown.

Also, Garen has sustain.

Even post-6, it only takes 4 harass combos max + Demacian Justice + Ignite to finish off Jax. When Jax is at 50% he's effectively in a danger zone and can't engage anymore.
---
@_ii
#39XxAzerothxXPosted 11/19/2012 2:28:28 PM
Devil D 911 posted...
I just skimmed through, but i dont think i saw this answer yet..

I would pick Akali. I have never lost my lane to a jax as Akali. You play very conservatively in the beginning levels, and when he tries to trade with you throw down your bubble and hit him with a quick Q, AA, E (maybe one more AA if you can manage) and then back out. Sometimes youll have to throw down the bubble without even returning fire. that's ok, just try to make your pots last. If you want, you can even start cloth 5.

then, once you hit level 6, let your ulti stack 2 stacks. And hit him with a Q, AA, E combo if he's at full HP then walk away.

When everything is off cooldown and you're healthy/have popped your pot, go all in on him with Q,R,AA, E, IGNITE, Q,R,AA- DEAD.... bubble somewhere in there if you have to, but beware that it may deny you the kill if you run low on energy,

It may take a couple games for you to get the hang of it, but i made it happen from my very first akali game. Someone told me to pick Akali into jax and i listened and i saw and i conquered, even though it was my first time playing Akali- seriously anyway.

I try not to first pick Akali so that i dont get raped by a counterpick Cho (happened once, boy did i learn my lesson). But for Jax, she's my go to. This may not work for everyone, but it works for me, so take it for what it's worth to you. Happy ganking :)

Pink ward = dead Akali. She's squishy.
---
R.I.P. ManCelaPedo
#40omisflyPosted 11/19/2012 2:31:59 PM
Why does nobody remember Swain? He eats Jax alive.

---
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbe0qtReQd1r6ib8g.gif