who counters jax?

#41aHappySackaPosted 11/19/2012 2:33:16 PM
Teemo if you can kite well, Singed so he can never farm and loses a third of his hp for attempting, Malphite or Nunu to counter him all game long, AP Cho to kill him repeatably but it tends to push the lane, Yorick and Olaf are also dominate early on.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#42kourkourPosted 11/19/2012 2:33:19 PM
Surprised no one said Malphite o_O

You build wit's end and abyssal, gg.
---
"stereotypical internet guy" -Fuzzy_Blanket
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/kourkour/xcluded.jpg
#43omisflyPosted 11/19/2012 2:36:38 PM
Jayce has a chance to shutdown Jax btw
---
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mavghbBElH1r6ib8g.gif
#44darkman95Posted 11/19/2012 2:36:58 PM
Akali and Riven destroy Jax.

Jax can't trade blows with Riven pre-6 so if she plays aggressive she can snowball early. And a good Riven player can out duel a Jax. If he uses his stun, stun him, when his third strike is coming, shield, engage with a quick Q combo and as he tries to escape cut him down with wind slash.

Akali counters almost everyone (except Cho), but Jax can't hit what he can't see and her burst is so high she can take Jax out before he can land a combo post-6.
---
"The only people who should shoot, are those who are prepared to be shot at."- The Great Emperor Lelouch Vi Britannia
#45kourkourPosted 11/19/2012 2:37:52 PM

Jax can't trade blows with Riven pre-6 so if she plays aggressive she can snowball early. And a good Riven player can out duel a Jax. If he uses his stun, stun him, when his third strike is coming, shield, engage with a quick Q combo and as he tries to escape cut him down with wind slash.

Akali counters almost everyone (except Cho), but Jax can't hit what he can't see and her burst is so high she can take Jax out before he can land a combo post-6.

PINK WARDS, AKALI IS DONE.
---
#46darkman95Posted 11/19/2012 2:41:03 PM
kourkour posted...

You know, even if you get pink wards or oracles elixir Akali still wrecks him. She just has to be passive until lv 6, the reason why she destroys Jax is because of her natural burstyness not her W. The moment Akali has a sheen Jax is gone.
---
"The only people who should shoot, are those who are prepared to be shot at."- The Great Emperor Lelouch Vi Britannia
#47kourkourPosted 11/19/2012 2:44:05 PM
kourkour posted...

You know, even if you get pink wards or oracles elixir Akali still wrecks him. She just has to be passive until lv 6, the reason why she destroys Jax is because of her natural burstyness not her W. The moment Akali has a sheen Jax is gone.

Not really, jax can throw in a negatron cloak and he still has a buttload of damage, akali doesn't win jax in lane, not to mention jax outscales here.

Although he outscales everyone.
---
#48Rookie_JetPosted 11/19/2012 2:46:04 PM
Devil D 911 posted...
I just skimmed through, but i dont think i saw this answer yet..

I would pick Akali. I have never lost my lane to a jax as Akali.

Yeah, Akali's not bad. For everyone who said pink ward, Akali can buy pinks too and destroy Jax's. Not a big deal. Also, Akali gets armor and mr in shroud. It's not huge, but it helps.

DeathWish96 posted...
The answer is always either Karthus, Nunu, Yorick or Ezreal.
In this case you can say Nunu and Yorick.

Karthus gets stomped terribly. Ez will get stomped terribly.

Nunu and Yorick are just farm lanes. They don't have the damage to kill Jax, but will have a decent chance sustaining against him.

Sinnthetic posted...
Surprised no one said Malphite o_O

Malphite HAS, in fact, been said.

Nersnail posted...
Do you even spin?

Garen will win the trade.

His Q does as much damage as Jax's Q. Judgment will outdamage Jax's auto+w, especially if it's maxed first. He won't even have to take auto+w if he positions himself right because Judgment has longer range.

Jax has to wait before he activates E or use Q because of the 1.5 silence, and Garen can anticipate that and activate W to maximize the full effect. Or he can enter the bush so Jax can't Q to him.

Jax has a small window of opportunity to fight back, but doing so puts him in range when Q comes off cooldown.

Also, Garen has sustain.

Even post-6, it only takes 4 harass combos max + Demacian Justice + Ignite to finish off Jax. When Jax is at 50% he's effectively in a danger zone and can't engage anymore.

Jax is most likely not going to eat that much damage in the 1.5 sec silence without trading back. Jax can abuse brush to trade just as easily as Garen.
#49CovenantPosted 11/19/2012 2:51:45 PM
xRustySpoon posted...
This topic is making my eyes bleed.

Helpful.
#50mantana888Posted 11/19/2012 2:51:45 PM
Paintball where are you

Even Rusty got here before you i thought you were supposed to be better than him
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes