Kha'Zix- any potential as a competitive hero?

#1Walker_RealPosted 11/19/2012 12:47:11 PM
Topic.

I don't think so, I think his moves are clunky and slow to perform.

For instance his kit sounds solid and in concept evolved leap is an amazing initiation and escape alike, but the truth is the move has a delay and a long animation and really doesn't provide the same instant damage as many moves.

Like Diana vs Kha'. Anything Kha'zix can get in and do Diana can provide more cc, perform it significantly more quickly, and usually with higher magic damage...
#2FreshSushiPosted 11/19/2012 12:49:23 PM(edited)
You don't understand Khazix's Q maxed does like 3 times J4's ult.

Oh and Khazix has an AoE ranged nuke slow as well as a blink anywhere.
---
AE 2012: (Gouken), LoL: (Cho, Morde, J4), Chivalry: (Van)
Dark Souls 2
#3dotsdfePosted 11/19/2012 12:50:33 PM
Topic.

I don't think so, I think his moves are clunky and slow to perform.

For instance his kit sounds solid and in concept evolved leap is an amazing initiation and escape alike, but the truth is the move has a delay and a long animation and really doesn't provide the same instant damage as many moves.

Like Diana vs Kha'. Anything Kha'zix can get in and do Diana can provide more cc, perform it significantly more quickly, and usually with higher magic damage...

You basically described exactly why Kha'Zix isn't played but is still not bad. He has a lot of decent tools, he's just outshined by better champions. He's competitive, there's just very little reason to pick him when other characters do what he does but better. Does that make him bad? Not really, he's decent.
---
Winner of the Third Hacked User Contest.
World's #1 Phoenix Wright fan.
#4Walker_Real(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 12:50:34 PM
OIC... I know tiers aren't truly important and having fun is what matters most, but I don't feel like I want to go through the effort of learning Kha'zix thoroughly then having him eaten or stomped out by a cheesy AD or not enough viability...
#5anilEhilatedPosted 11/19/2012 1:04:01 PM
He's good, just not top-tier. His biggest selling point is his crazy mobility - like, Lee Sin type mobility - so he gets to pick his targets no matter what; what he does to them is a different matter. I'm not a fan of his Q, but his W is an amazing skill and E and R mean you're never ever getting caught.
---
For who could ever...?
#6G0dSlay3rPosted 11/19/2012 1:08:16 PM
Competitive potential?

Very weak.
I mean, yes, you can use him in soloqueue or against ranked 5's that didn't yet master the concept of peeling and protecting your carries.

But for true competitive use...
He's dead weight in late-game fights. No damage without pure-damage builds and not enough durability to not instantly explode without tankier items.

It's the same reason why you don't see Pantheon in competitive play.
Sure, he dominates certain roles, but he falls off like a rock later on and doesn't contribute much in late-game teamfights. The same is true for Kha.

It's sad, yes. He's a really fun champ and all that. But his usage is primarily limited to soloqueue.

Also, has anyone ever seen a Kha'Zix played at above 2k elo?
I've never seen one on high-elo streams now that i think about it.
#7zeppelin312Posted 11/19/2012 1:13:13 PM
competitively he is lacking, just like most other ad assassins

However a vast majority of this board doesn't play at the competitive level.

I've watched master yeh play him several times, he does well, in general. Why? because it is a soloqueue environment.
#8TheSteelPhoenixPosted 11/19/2012 1:24:52 PM
G0dSlay3r posted...
Competitive potential?

Very weak.
I mean, yes, you can use him in soloqueue or against ranked 5's that didn't yet master the concept of peeling and protecting your carries.

But for true competitive use...
He's dead weight in late-game fights. No damage without pure-damage builds and not enough durability to not instantly explode without tankier items.

It's the same reason why you don't see Pantheon in competitive play.
Sure, he dominates certain roles, but he falls off like a rock later on and doesn't contribute much in late-game teamfights. The same is true for Kha.

It's sad, yes. He's a really fun champ and all that. But his usage is primarily limited to soloqueue.

Also, has anyone ever seen a Kha'Zix played at above 2k elo?
I've never seen one on high-elo streams now that i think about it.

I have seen him more often then not. Master Yeh 420 uses him to great extent.

As far as competitive play goes, yes you can use him viably, but that doesn't mean anything because as any competitive player knows, this game isn't just summing up the total power of all the champs on the team. One 5 team can be strong, and switching one character out can change the entire dynamics of the team strategy. Think MVC, it isn't just what the characters individually can do, its what they do in conjunction with their team mates. So if you want to use him competitively, find a team that helps him work out his strengths. (His strengths are being able to almost completely evaporate squishy champions. Build him all gank, stack bloodthirsters. I just had a game where I could literally one combo a fed vayne, and take him in the jungle, there are a LOT more powerful junglers out there than just lee sin, contrary to what people on this board say.)
---
I don't always Sublime Archangle and Silverblade Paladin, but when I do, I win on the fourth turn.
#9Zeeak4444Posted 11/19/2012 1:49:40 PM
Hate to be that guy but I see enough Dota 2 players do it on their board.

It's champions not heroes.
---
Typical gameFAQers are "Complainers that always complain about those who complain about real legitimate complaints."-Joker_X
#10face_machinePosted 11/19/2012 3:38:17 PM(edited)
Competitive champion in Summoner's Rift? Probably not.

Competitive champion in Dominion? Absolutely - He is top tier.

The only caveat is the lack of a competitive Dominion scene (for the most part; there does exist a small competitive community).

I find it intriguing how Kha'Zix is so good in Dominion yet is a very risky and often less than optimal pick in Summoner's Rift. Not saying he can't be effective in SR, it is just his reliability and effectiveness have such a drastic difference between the two game modes.

He is a bit better in S3 (mainly in the jungle and possibly mid), but his itemization is still a bit lacking, albeit it has improved marginally. Perhaps he will see some play later into S3 depending on how the item revamp transitions from the PBE to Live and the future changes or additions that they might make to itemization. But only time will tell.

Just my two cents.