AD (especially ranged) = Zero options?

#1Walker_RealPosted 11/19/2012 1:04:44 PM
Basically you can get Boots of speed and 3 red sodas. Then you get 1-2 Dorans blades, depending on who you are. Then you get B. F. Sword.

Then you get life steal or infinity edge depending on how much of a wuss you are....

Idk feels like AD has few options and no build decisions.
#2EqualismPosted 11/19/2012 1:09:26 PM
A few use TF

New items and s3 might change things a bit

But yeah I agree. On any adc you can go

Berkers Greaves
IE
PD
BT
LW
GA

taking dolan's blades if you need them
---
http://i.imgur.com/QEdEj.jpg
#3POkemon_PoWeRPosted 11/19/2012 1:13:26 PM
APs usually always get Double Rings, Rabadons, Zhonyas, Void Staff and maybe Abysal

Support always get auras and wards

Tops and Jungle are more lenient on builds
---
I'm the best player here. The rest of you aren't as good as me-ninja1357
JUS FC: 1891 0537 4785
#4LordMordorPosted 11/19/2012 1:15:51 PM
Riot is aware of this

PD is getting nerfed
There is a 10% less crit damage mastery coming
And the new hurricane item does not work with crit

So in S3 there should be some more options for AD builds

Plenty of new options coming
---
This election year....vote the Dark Lord Sauron
He promises better healthcare and free Rings of Power!
#5WynnSilvergazePosted 11/19/2012 1:16:00 PM
AP need to go boots then robadons then 4 Arch Angel staves that have the 1000 mana cap xD
---
You know how it is...Cows go "moo", Dogs go "woof" and MMO Players go "the pvp is unbalanced"
#6Walker_Real(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 1:17:18 PM
AP's theres at least a little mix room- maybe you start with Will of the Ancients, or mana regen / mana cap.

Anivia, Ryze, Vlad, a couple others have options that lead them into AP but don't start the same....

But yeah, it's true they are still similar. Just no where the same as Beserkers, 1-2 Doran, Infinity Edge
#7lordjersPosted 11/19/2012 1:38:12 PM(edited)
APs usually always get Double Rings, Rabadons, Zhonyas, Void Staff and maybe Abysal

WotA, Athene's, Archangels, Morello's, Gunblade (Akali), RoA, Rylais, Lich Bane... AP has definitely more options, and that's not counting defensive items.

As for boots you can even go Mercs, Ionian, or even mobility (Eve) depending of the champ/situation instead of the traditional Sorcs.
---
Science and Religion can be great friends. However, they make up for an awful marriage.,
#8Khaos XeroPosted 11/19/2012 1:39:06 PM
With the movement speed changes, you can maybe get away with Long Sword + potions, and you can now run Lifesteal / Movement Speed quints or Armor Penetration reds now since you won't need all the flat AD to last hit as easier.

Of course, you can always go Boots + 3 pots with full flat AD, but I think you can run different runes now.
---
Playing: League of Legends [PC], Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne [PS2]