Is support the easiest role?

#1bighairycamelPosted 11/19/2012 3:19:06 PM
A serious discussion:

I play support for my 5s team by the way.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world: those that know binary and those that don't.
#2Metal_Gear_LinkPosted 11/19/2012 3:20:52 PM
yeah it's by far the easiest, the problem is that is also the role you can do less to influence the outcome. that why nobody wants it
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 and SUPER SMASH BROSS BRAWL!!! 2007 games of the year!!!!
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#3bighairycamel(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 3:26:17 PM(edited)
Metal_Gear_Link posted...
yeah it's by far the easiest, the problem is that is also the role you can do less to influence the outcome. that why nobody wants it

Interesting, but yet playing support or jungler is a thankless job that gets the brunt of the blame during losses it seems like, but then again most QQers are numskulls.

Also, I would argue that map awareness heavily influences the outcome of a game which Support should mostly be in charge of beyond lane phases, and the vast majority of "recreational" supports don't know how to ward dynamically depending on whether the team is playing offensively or defensively.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world: those that know binary and those that don't.
#4aHappySackaPosted 11/19/2012 3:24:44 PM
You just need to ward, counter-ward if possible, use your abilities, exhaust the right target during fights, and lastly try not to die.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#5last_akiraPosted 11/19/2012 3:25:05 PM
Easiest to play, one of the hardest to master, A very good support can turn the course of battle quite easily and assist snowball in lane.
---
"Its like some nightmare version of Mexico: you shouldn't drink the water, trust the locals, or fall asleep outside." - - - Rwildev
#6Blue001Posted 11/19/2012 3:25:10 PM
Don't worry if you want to influence the outcome as support it's easy.

1) don't buy wards
2) pick a tank
3) build lots of warmogs
#7FlareZeroPosted 11/19/2012 3:25:35 PM
Metal_Gear_Link posted...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/64671209
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.
#8wilmer007Posted 11/19/2012 3:43:10 PM(edited)
It depends because while Support is the easiest Role to play it also requires a brain therefore it's also dependent on skills and let's be honest at low and average ELO the latter is not the case. You can be the best support in the world but if u arent warding baron, dragon and either side of jungle during teamfights your team will more than likely lose because the enemy team will wait in a bush since your support is not warding.

At high ELO the entire team is suppose to be helping the Support ward all around the map but in low and average ELO they won't help the Support Ward. Hell even in average ELO you still don't see Supports warding beyond the laning phase. Everyone (including the Support) will rush their items and forget about wards. When i Support i have no problems getting 3 GP10 items and always carrying 5-10 wards in teamfights. I don't mind not getting other items so long as i know one side of the river is completely warded so my brain dead teammate doesn't die while face checking or going to a lane to clear minions and push the lane. That is what makes a Support player good.

Fact is that technically the best player on the team should not be supporting because if he is your best player who is gonna be carrying? Exactly!!!!! That's why Support is usually given to the worst player on the team but just because he is last pick doesn't mean you are better than him in terms of skills, it just means u probably got carried to that ELO and thats why ur ELO is higher than his.

So little billy wants to mid and your stuck playing Support. Now he feeds enemy mid goes 0-3 and you are playing Support and are reminded why u have to carry his ass.
---
XBL GT: xXxwilmer007xXx | http://www.youtube.com/user/wilmer007
In CoD you USE Killstreaks, In BF you ARE the Killstreak
#9omegaraijinPosted 11/19/2012 3:35:59 PM
It depends if you're an aggressive support or a passive support. The role is easy to play but even easier to fail at.
#10MaurithPosted 11/19/2012 3:47:59 PM
In general it's sort of easy, but I'd argue mid and top are easier. Maybe even ADC. Sure, you can get away with being more passive than in other roles, but that's not exactly being as useful you could be.
---
[LoL favourites: Fizz, Janna, Rumble, Ezreal, Sona, Katarina, Volibear, Ahri, Syndra, Poppy, Tristana, Amumu, Vayne, Maokai, Irelia]