Is support the easiest role?

#11OctansPosted 11/19/2012 3:49:07 PM
top is by far the easiest.
---
Not changing this until the Mariners win the world series.
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n69/paulfuss/SteamPunk.png
#12KinzuPosted 11/19/2012 4:09:57 PM
Support is easy once you learn how to play it, but it's a role that if played poorly can lead to your bottom lane getting rolled over and their AD Carry being very fed. It's also a thankless job. If you're AD Carry is bad it doesn't matter what you do sometimes because you will still lose the lane and end up dying more than you would like. I hate playing Leona and Alistar with bad AD Carries that won't engage with you.
#13BradoshadoPosted 11/19/2012 4:44:44 PM
Support is the easiest to learn.

But I'd say Support is EXTREMELY hard to master since support is much more about communication. Your focus is on your carry in lane but you also have to be aware of your teammates' mental state and needs.

You are the medic in TF2. Very different type of difficulty.
---
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like banana.
Yep, that tasted purple.
#14Blarg92Posted 11/19/2012 4:53:02 PM
I would say support is more influential than top, depends on the game though. Some tops like to roam early while others stay until they get farmed.

And I've definitely won games for my team with good Alistar/Blitzcrank/Leona play. It takes less skill in that you don't need to last hit. Other than that, same as any other role. You still have a significant impact on teamfights by using your skills effectively (or not).
---
Michael, I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing and it was everything that I thought it could be.~Office Space
#15SmishhhPosted 11/19/2012 5:29:13 PM
Its the easiest to do the bare minimum of so that people observing you play will agree you are playing support in that game. But the only reason people think you have no influence in the role is because those people haven't spent any time getting really good at it.
#16MaurithPosted 11/19/2012 6:01:43 PM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j90/kouta-k6/janna.jpg

This isn't intended as a boastful thing, it's normals anyway, but this was my most memorable game as a support. It felt like the fate of bottom lane was entirely up to me. MF was reckless and you could probably swap her k/d score had I not been as active as I was. Again, not implying this is an elite-level game-to-end-all-games, but as a support I made enough of an impact on that game to get praise from enemies and allies alike at the end. Not every game will go that way of course, and I probably wouldn't have stood out as much if MF wasn't as careless - but my point is playing support has a degree of control and responsibility just as much as any other, especially when your enemy laners are able to be more aggressive. Unless you're having an easy lane where your carry's seemingly effortlessly dining on theirs I wouldn't call it the easiest role.
---
[LoL favourites: Fizz, Janna, Rumble, Ezreal, Sona, Katarina, Volibear, Ahri, Syndra, Poppy, Tristana, Amumu, Vayne, Maokai, Irelia]
#17iddZk33pPosted 11/19/2012 6:20:07 PM
top is the easiest role

Metal_Gear_Link posted...
yeah it's by far the easiest, the problem is that is also the role you can do less to influence the outcome. that why nobody wants it

http://i.imgur.com/M1ClC.jpg
---
http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/image/728
#18gam3szzz_2Posted 11/20/2012 12:53:08 AM
Support is the easiest role if you suck at it and hard if you want to be actually good.
---
LoL ID: Pinkuu (Support Player)
#19SpacefrisianPosted 11/20/2012 2:03:34 AM
Metal_Gear_Link posted...
yeah it's by far the easiest, the problem is that is also the role you can do less to influence the outcome. that why nobody wants it

Everything about that line is so wrong.

Dont place wards > youre team gets ganked from all sides
Dont heal teammates > teammates die in teamfights
Dont shield> teammates rage and die in teamfights

If by any means its the 2nd hardest role, the hardest being Jungler as the team expects you to be everywhere.
---
Lets move mountains or mount movements.
#20SlaynPosted 11/20/2012 2:14:36 AM
Support or mid is the easiest. At least mid is hard to be ganked because it is such a short lane, and the match ups are by far easier. Top lane is chaos with so many different champs going top. With mid 90% of the time it will be a boring ranged AP farm match up, far less counters. Even if you get countered, sit and farm from far away. If you get countered as top you will get smashed if you come close to CS. Leblanc counter my Karthus? Who cares, QQQQQQQQQQQ farm minions, hit R.