How do people not get stuck with terrible people in solo/duo ranked queue?

#11SlaynPosted 11/19/2012 11:24:38 PM
No more losing elo if you dodge. I think I am going to start using dodge when someone says something dumb in champ select, it isn't worth the headache.
#12King_of_Goats(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 11:26:34 PM
Honestly, the worst thing is when people call a lane, but are completely and utterly rubbish at it.
#13DualSword31Posted 11/19/2012 11:27:42 PM
theres no such as elo hell
#14hare_hare_yukaiPosted 11/19/2012 11:32:31 PM
I want you to sit down this might come as a shock to you, but there is no elo hell the elo youre at is where you belong
#15King_of_Goats(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 11:36:16 PM
I will never understand why people say something like that. You have no idea anything about my ability to play this game. The fact is, I made this topic to ask if people know how to not get stuck with terrible people. I figured I could at least get some advice rather than people telling me I suck. Thanks for the great contribution though.
#16hare_hare_yukaiPosted 11/19/2012 11:50:28 PM
King_of_Goats posted...
I will never understand why people say something like that. You have no idea anything about my ability to play this game. The fact is, I made this topic to ask if people know how to not get stuck with terrible people. I figured I could at least get some advice rather than people telling me I suck. Thanks for the great contribution though.

I'm not saying you suck i'm saying you're playing with people roughly around your skill level since elo fluctuates, if you were above their skill as you claim you should be stomping your lane/roaming to help other "feeding" lanes and making the calls in your team.
#17King_of_Goats(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 11:55:11 PM
In the last two games I played, I was with 4 people who had no idea what they were doing. One game it was three people, and in the other it was one person. In one of the games, our ADC calls the position right away as we get into the lobby. I am not the best at ADC, so when someone calls it I tend to let them have it. Anyway, our ADC didn't have any idea what "last hitting" was. The ADC, who was playing Miss Fortune, auto attacked the entire game. I guess you are right though, as that clearly is at my skill level.
#18hare_hare_yukaiPosted 11/20/2012 12:03:07 AM
King_of_Goats posted...
In the last two games I played, I was with 4 people who had no idea what they were doing. One game it was three people, and in the other it was one person. In one of the games, our ADC calls the position right away as we get into the lobby. I am not the best at ADC, so when someone calls it I tend to let them have it. Anyway, our ADC didn't have any idea what "last hitting" was. The ADC, who was playing Miss Fortune, auto attacked the entire game. I guess you are right though, as that clearly is at my skill level.

if you didnt belong in that bracket your play should make up for the one lesser player who probably duoed with a buddy higher than him. If you feel something is wrong with your teammates just dodge best advice i can give to avoid "those" players.
#19magnusblitzPosted 11/20/2012 12:08:25 AM
Seems to come and go. The last couple weeks were pretty good; but the last couple days I've had really bad players and more jerks than usual. Don't know if it was the Zed patch, or the news leaking out on the big S3 changes soon, or what.
#20King_of_Goats(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 12:13:46 AM
I had four or five games played before I played today. Like I said, I was at 1271 when I started. I'm not sure it is really that effective to put someone together with others in that low of games played. If it was, I clearly wouldn't have been paired with people who's ELO will end up below 1000 easily. I would agree though. I was plagued with jerks today. Most of them where the terrible people I played with. You try to get someone advice as nice as possible without coming off as a jerk yourself and all they do is rage at you.