Wow, Olaf..

#1LithspPosted 11/19/2012 11:33:40 PM
..so I bought his Pentakill skin a while back for no real reason, don't even use the guy, got forced into top earlier and thought meh, I'll give him a shot - in ranked nonetheless.

Total wrecking ball. Melts faces. Trashed every champ I've faced so far and not just by a little either, by an absolute mile.

Start to finish he is just incredibly strong.

How do you counter him? It seems like kiting would - as is the case with every bruiser, but he has his ult and his Q which makes it seem a little difficult, I mean, Teemo for example has no chance of kiting Olaf.

I've been going pots + boots, then heading towards an early Warmogs, then usually Mercs, then Atmas, then I'm not entirely sure where to go. Game usually over about this time.

What's a good build for him? I also alternate between maxing Q and E, depending on whether the opponent has a ranged attack/is ranged or not, Q lets me trade with them. E lets me trade with melees. What a sick champ. Total ownage.
---
[]Signature[]
#2Elemental FusionPosted 11/19/2012 11:35:11 PM
I don't play Olaf, but people on this board seem to swear by tanky cdr build on him.
---
"My disbelief is like an iron fortress of disbelief... patrolled by Superman. And he doesn't believe you either."
#3Lithsp(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 11:36:55 PM
Elemental Fusion posted...
I don't play Olaf, but people on this board seem to swear by tanky cdr build on him.

Which would be sort of like.. Warmogs (I feel like he needs this).. Frozen Heart? What else?
---
[]Signature[]
#4sephiroth3703Posted 11/19/2012 11:38:08 PM
People say tanky CDR because he gets a ton of free stats with his W and passive, and because the longer you live to get more E's off, the more dangerous you'll be. You can damage soak and be a huge threat. His weakness is he doesn't offer CC and that's pretty much about it. No peeling abilities which means your carries have to play alil smarter, and if the other team has an Akali or a Jax you might not be able to come out on top.
#5HeechuIPosted 11/19/2012 11:38:48 PM
Tanky CDR works on Olaf because he doesn't actually need to buy any damage items. His E is true damage, his W increases his AD based on his health, and his Q does like 200~ and doesn't have a cooldown if you can pick up the axe right after. Put this together with tanky items and you have a guy that can deal obscene amounts of damage on really low cooldowns without building any actually damaging items.
#6nastylepPosted 11/19/2012 11:38:52 PM
Lithsp posted...
Elemental Fusion posted...

Which would be sort of like.. Warmogs (I feel like he needs this).. Frozen Heart? What else?

Personally that build sounds alittle HP excessive to me.
Mine would be something more like Mallet, Maw, Atmas
#7Lithsp(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 11:40:39 PM
sephiroth3703 posted...
People say tanky CDR because he gets a ton of free stats with his W and passive, and because the longer you live to get more E's off, the more dangerous you'll be. You can damage soak and be a huge threat. His weakness is he doesn't offer CC and that's pretty much about it. No peeling abilities which means your carries have to play alil smarter, and if the other team has an Akali or a Jax you might not be able to come out on top.

Yeah but it's like, if you're Olaf, you just win. You just lift your whole team onto your massive man-shoulders, and carry them to victory, regardless of how they play. He totally owns.

Maybe I've been kind of lucky, I haven't really had much trouble keeping the other team off my carries yet as Olaf, I mean when I land a Q on whoever is trying to get them, I can usually blow them up pretty quick with the ADC's help anyway.
---
[]Signature[]
#8DiplomacySCPosted 11/19/2012 11:40:47 PM
I currently do:

Mercs, Frozen Heart, Shurelya's, Randuin's, Maw, Frozen Mallet

40%, tons of chase, and you can get early GP10s for laning.
#9hare_hare_yukaiPosted 11/19/2012 11:41:41 PM
boots 4 > philo > hog > phage/giants belt > tabi/lucidity > sherelias > chainvest > hexdrinker > randuins > negatron cloak > finish fm/warmogs > maw > fon

max q first 90% of the time
9-21-0 or 9-12-9 masteries
ms/ad/arpen quint, ad/arpen red, arm yellow, mr/lvl blue
#10Lithsp(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 11:43:05 PM
I'm liking these suggestions. I honestly never looked that much into the free stats he gets.

Looks like tanky CDR is the only way to go now that I think about what he already has, and what he could achieve with that with a tanky CDR build.

Cheers for the suggestions fellas.
---
[]Signature[]