I think I have figured out new jungle

#1Stalky24Posted 11/20/2012 3:45:57 AM
So after sitting inside new jungle for hours and testing out stuff, I have discovered the way I want to play it. Here are couple of my notes:

Utility/Defence tree combo is the best. My favorite is 0/12/18, taking +30 HP, +5 armor and bladed armor talent in defence and biscuit, greed/wealth and vampirism in Utility.
My rune setup is 19 armor (glyphs+seals), 15% AS and 3gp10.

This setup allows me couple things:

- I start wit 5gp10. Gold on lanes was nerfed, gp10 items got nerfed, so this passive gold income gets quite helpful. Get Avarice blade along with it and you can almost catch up your laner with gold income.

- My initial purchase isnt Hunter's Machete + 5 pots. I dont like to blow up 225 gold just on pots right off the bat. I get Doran's Blade and one Health pot.

The new passive on Doran's Blade, 5 flat HP, is incredibly good early. 30 hits = 1 hp pot. The whole clear (Blue->Wolves->Wraiths->Golems->Red) takes around 100 hits, which is 3 pots right off the bat. Along with 1 pot from Wealth and 1 from Biscuit, you have better sustain thru the jungle. And you dont need more than two on inital clear, one for each miniboss.
Getting second Doran's Blade early is even more incredible. 2 Doran's Blades allow you to leave Wolves and Wraiths at full hp, golems at 90%, all at lvl 3/lvl4

- It is very tanky. 24 bonus armor lvl 1 is awesome, +116 HP just as much (basicly one HP pot right there). During my tests, I have very rarely got under 400 hp at any point in jungle, and I did all buffs, including lvl 1 blue fight, without any form of leash.

==============================================
Jungle route:

I got two routes atm:
1, Short route

Blue->Wolves->Red (hit lvl 3 upon killing Red). This takes about 3:30, gives around 600 gold, leaves me at ~450-500 HP and sets me up ready for quick gank with doublebuff.

2. Farm route

Blue->Wolves->Wraiths->Golems (hit lvl 3)->Red->Wraiths->Wolves (hit lvl 4)
This gives about 850 gold and takes maybe 5 minutes. You can recall for boots + second dorans blade + pot + maybe ward.
Note here: the gp10 setup gave us about 150 gold already, which is preety awesome.

What sucks is that Wraiths wont give lvl 3, not even with exp mastery. You can hit lvl 3 on wraiths with exp mastery and runes, but I dont know if that's worth it.
#2qqaaxxPosted 11/20/2012 3:54:40 AM
So same idea with every champ?
---
insert sig here
#3Stalky24(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 5:38:31 AM
qqaaxx posted...
So same idea with every champ?

Id say so with champs I junge aleast, which is Jax, Diana, Nocture, who have similar times (Diana has the best one)!
#4Stalky24(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 8:17:34 AM
Okay, I am testing this in real environment and it is some serious stuff.

It roflstomps anyone who starts with Hunter's Machete (so anyone), since they are low on hp in their jungle and do no damage to you. Counterjungling became very safe and rewarding.

Since kills and lanes give so much less gold, I dont fall off, either by exp or gold, in fact, I ended last game with same gold as our fed ADC, which had 80 more cs and 4 more kills.
One wonderful thing that happened was that I could snowball out of jungle, which doesnt happen in current game unless I get absurdly fed.

I am looking forward this going live, it will give me some nice free elo until people learn new jungle better.
#5Soldier3rdClassPosted 11/20/2012 8:55:04 AM(edited)
If I ever get in I want to test out Poppy and Singed.

On Poppy going to try Armor runes (seals + glyphs) and the the rest att spd (marks + quints) and a 23/4/3 mastery.

Ok actually got into pbe before even typing out my message.

Anyway Poppy time with the above wasn't so great. Clear time of 4:15 and starting with machete and 5 pots I ended with no pots and about 240/740 hp. I'll see how more defensive and utility goes.
---
2500K @4.5Ghz // GTX 680 SC SLI // 8GB RAM // Extreme3 Gen3 Mobo
SteamID: SmurfyD
#6refmonPosted 11/20/2012 8:50:47 AM
Keep this bumped until the patch, I have to try this
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
#7Soldier3rdClassPosted 11/20/2012 9:21:49 AM(edited)
With your set up I was about 20 seconds slower and only benefited by having about 100hp more after my first clear.

This is with poppy of course. I might need to try flat damage rather than attspd now though.

Edit:

Had my best time with Poppy now.

4:10 even though I made a big mistake at the start and started e and missed my stun on the big wolf. Ended with about 280hp but I didn't use 3 of my 6 pots which if I had would of meant I would of ended with about full health if I was worried about being countered. With all the mistakes I made I believe I can shave off another 20 seconds which isn't that bad for Poppy I guess.
---
#8Stalky24(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 9:23:09 AM
Soldier3rdClass posted...
With your set up I was about 20 seconds slower and only benefited by having about 100hp more after my first clear.

This is with poppy of course. I might need to try flat damage rather than attspd now though.

I never played Poppy jungle, but I noticed its far more effective with champions with built-in AS, like Jax passive, Diana's passive, Jarvan's E. For example, when I used Shyvana, the difference wasnt that dramatic.
#9Soldier3rdClassPosted 11/20/2012 9:28:57 AM
Soldier3rdClass posted...

I never played Poppy jungle, but I noticed its far more effective with champions with built-in AS, like Jax passive, Diana's passive, Jarvan's E. For example, when I used Shyvana, the difference wasnt that dramatic.

Well it does make you more survivable.

I went with most of your masteries for my last run except I took the attspd from offense and took the machete. I pretty much could of ended the jungle with no pots but nearly full health. Since I wasn't concerned about being countered I kind of neglected using them though.
---
#10profDEADPOOLPosted 11/20/2012 9:29:57 AM
I wonder how that set-up would work on jungle Zed. None of the Machete upgrades are must haves on him so...
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clans
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkeye, Secret Avengers, Gambit, JLD, and Batwing