Why is Kat a common ban in upper 1300s?

#21Doc_MPosted 11/20/2012 5:59:40 AM
Galio's Q is probably one of the best pokes in the game. If the situation you just described happens, Galio WILL outfarm her by csing with auto attacks and spamming Q at Kat. Even if he hits less than half of them he will put her in a spot where, on initiating, he can kill her. Also, Galio doesn't need to do damage if he gives his team 2 seconds of free damage.
---
"Life is a sexually transmitted disease"
-Anonymous
#22SiblingzPosted 11/20/2012 6:01:45 AM
You can just pick cho gath mid and she's useless the rest of the game

Until she roams and gets a double kill bot and snowballs the rest of the game

One does not simply roam against a cho gath
---
If you wanna see how smart you are Click here
#23Susan0Posted 11/20/2012 6:28:33 AM(edited)
Siblingz posted...

Until she roams and gets a double kill bot and snowballs the rest of the game

One does not simply roam against THE Jax

FTFY
---
Official Daedric Prince of Madness of All Boards
Akali is my Waifu<3 Current amt of Noobs Slain: 750
#24MMG_Posted 11/20/2012 6:26:37 AM
Her passive is a big problem than her ult IMO.

She almost never gets her full ult on anyone in team fights because people usually just back away from her or simply disable her.

But her passive plus her burst with qew is just nutz.
---
Y'know what? Katarina is my waifu <3
#25bast999Posted 11/20/2012 7:47:48 AM
How does AP Yi manage against Kat mid? His meditate can heal her entire combo, since she has no CC.

Also, Yi the Hedgehog will outrun Kat over to bot lane and alpha her ass.
---
Japan is where points go to die - edgeknight
#26DiplomacySCPosted 11/20/2012 7:50:03 AM
random_noobie posted...
qqaaxx posted...
There is a reason she is getting nerfed (or did those already go through?)

they already went through.

i must be one of the five people that thinks kat is strong, but, that she isn't good; all she has is damage. that's it. i'm biased, however, because i'm a very "support oriented" player and the only champions i regularly use have team uses and don't just focus on KILL EVERYTHING NOW ASAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAH.

"All she has is damage" isn't saying much when she has enough damage to pentakill in a few seconds. Team comp can make up for lack of utility or CC. There are champs who are similar in that regard (Cass, Brand)... but with less consistent damage.
#27Gobstoppers12Posted 11/20/2012 7:50:36 AM
random_noobie posted...
i must be one of the five people that thinks kat is strong, but, that she isn't good; all she has is damage. that's it.

Damage, damage reduction, a cooldown reduction passive, and an escape that can target enemy or friendly units....And she doesn't use mana for her wicked AoE farming abilities.

Yeah, all she has is damage.
---
think about all the people that complained over DaVinci code...it would be much worse with killer bisexual jesus in Mgs4. --NexVesica, regarding Vamp Theories.
#28RaytheRulerPosted 11/20/2012 8:05:47 AM
She's a pain in the ass to lane. Her ganks are insane thanks to her passive. And her teamfight is insane due to her passive. Oh and she does everything she does, FOR FREE.

Seriously riot, give her mana or a new passive.
#29SharzakenatorPosted 11/20/2012 8:47:15 AM
Doc_M posted...
Galio's Q is probably one of the best pokes in the game. If the situation you just described happens, Galio WILL outfarm her by csing with auto attacks and spamming Q at Kat. Even if he hits less than half of them he will put her in a spot where, on initiating, he can kill her. Also, Galio doesn't need to do damage if he gives his team 2 seconds of free damage.

Summoner name Sharksack, 3/0 as Galio against kat last night. One of two things happened. She auto attacked for CS, in which case I q'd her hard, or she used cool downs to CS, in which case she missed several and I got to freefrm. If you randomly chuck Qs at her you won't do very well until you get your chalice.
---
TOasters gonna TOast
#30ffzmanPosted 11/20/2012 10:05:47 AM
Siblingz posted...

Came here to say this. As Cho mid against kat I usually get a couple kills and a few levels on kat, and am garnering constant jungle ganks thereby taking pressure off my top and bottom lane.

I should really stop telling people though, the sooner cho mid catches on the sooner it will get nerfed and I don't want my cho cho train nerfed. :/
---
What if I want extraordinary?