Why is Kat a common ban in upper 1300s?

#31centurion911Posted 11/20/2012 10:07:43 AM
Because you're getting to the ELO where some players are good and some are god awful.

And if a good one gets Kat against a bad player, she will snowball way too hard
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#32happyscrub1Posted 11/20/2012 10:10:35 AM
Kat also has one of the highest win rates in high elo. So all the elo specific comments about her are wrong.
---
Question, how did world trade center building 7 (the -3rd- building to fall) collapse during 9/11? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnnjIzamnJo
#33FlameLord23Posted 11/20/2012 10:17:05 AM
Because Kat is straight up one of the best champs in the game.

Honestly there is really nothing scarier than seeing an enemy Kat in blind pick, and I know I damn sure don't want to see one in ranked. Q -> E -> W -> R and penta.
---
Violence is never the answer.
Because the answer is always Vlad.
#34CovenantPosted 11/20/2012 10:38:57 AM(edited)
Because bad players don't understand that if they run into a fight at low health they're doubling her damage output. So they run into a fight at low health, get picked off, give Kat cooldown resets, and lose the fight for their team.

Doc_M posted...
Galio's Q is probably one of the best pokes in the game. If the situation you just described happens, Galio WILL outfarm her by csing with auto attacks and spamming Q at Kat.

Shunpo > Resolute Smite

bast999
How does AP Yi manage against Kat mid? His meditate can heal her entire combo, since she has no CC.

Also, Yi the Hedgehog will outrun Kat over to bot lane and alpha her ass.

Kat won't combo AP Yi. She'll just gank. AP Yi can't outrun her without blowing his ult early, removing his ability to snipe kills in a 3v3 countergank and get cooldown resets which is the only way he can come anywhere near functioning as an AP champion.

AP Yi is garbage once people start leaving their lanes. Even if his team carries him and allows him to snipe kills for cooldown resets instead of what AP carries are actually supposed to do, he's still garbage.

Kat's cooldown reset works better than Yi's because it doesn't have a limited duration and doesn't come attached to a champion with exactly one damaging ability. She doesn't have to wait until somebody is going to die to put out damage in a team fight. She can use all of her abilities and just wait for her relatively short cooldowns to snipe kills.
#35LawlerlawlPosted 11/20/2012 10:34:08 AM
People have picked her 6 times now after I locked in Viktor. I'm just like... Do you want to be useless? Seriously?
---
I have a new signature. This isn't it.
#36TekutsoPosted 11/20/2012 10:45:38 AM
Because people don't know how to play kennen.
---
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didnt do"~Voltaire
#37DeanyzyPosted 11/20/2012 10:50:49 AM
Kat's a solo queue demon at most elos mainly because you can do well against her in lane but she can just bounce back with ease if she gets one or two kills on your team mates. She's not that difficult to fight in the mid lane really, it's just that she can take advantage of your team mates to negate everything you've done against her in lane.

Her passive is just too strong with her new kit.
#38TekutsoPosted 11/20/2012 10:54:36 AM
Kat is one of the easiest champs to counter in the game. As with most of the community, gamefaqs is mostly bads crying bout her.
---
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didnt do"~Voltaire
#39POkemon_PoWeRPosted 11/20/2012 10:56:05 AM
Tekutso posted...
Kat is one of the easiest champs to counter in the game. As with most of the community, gamefaqs is mostly bads crying bout her.

http://ct.fra.bz/il/fz/se/i59/5/11/28/f_2a0ec29bef.jpg
---
I'm the best player here. The rest of you aren't as good as me-ninja1357
JUS FC: 1891 0537 4785
#40TheSchrefPosted 11/20/2012 10:59:04 AM
Well, I hadn't played Kat in about 6 months and I decided randomly to take her mid in a ranked game. After 20 minutes of me pressing random buttons, I was 10-0-6 and the other team surrendered.

I can't imagine her in the hands of someone who consistently plays Kat.