People keep telling us bruisers are Op because we beat their metateams

#1yourDaddiePosted 11/20/2012 10:48:28 AM
So we have been playing all bruiser teams lately, we will stream next week so far we have 2 kinds of reactions

If we loose
LOL noobs that is what you get for using that team comp lol

If we win
WTF bruisers are OP Riot better nerf them...

It is the community who stales the meta, if someone manages to win with a diferent strategy they say it's op
---
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#2themagicpainmanPosted 11/20/2012 10:51:25 AM
This isn't exclusive to league.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#3EvilSakuraiPosted 11/20/2012 10:53:49 AM
themagicpainman posted...
This isn't exclusive to league.

The difference is that in other competitive games, if a technique is OP, everyone starts using it. LOL forces players to conform more than any game I've ever played.
---
PSN:omegamarth. I play fighting games.
Washington Redskins 4-6 Baltimore Ravens 8-2
#4EDumeyPosted 11/20/2012 10:53:59 AM
yourDaddie posted...
loose

---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#5BalanceNotLostPosted 11/20/2012 10:57:08 AM
Riot proved that they loved the meta when they nerfed Janna and Lulu's ratios. Same thing as saying "These champions are meant to be played on a support role and you should play them as such. No more going mid with them".
---
**** this, I got to go to work... ~ Dash_Jr
Yeah, those bridge crossing fees won't charge themselves. ~ Angemon_23
#6yourDaddie(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 12:03:44 PM
BalanceNotLost posted...
Riot proved that they loved the meta when they nerfed Janna and Lulu's ratios. Same thing as saying "These champions are meant to be played on a support role and you should play them as such. No more going mid with them".

Which sucks because the meta should revolve arround the game not the game around the meta
---
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#7CovenantPosted 11/20/2012 1:53:03 PM
BalanceNotLost posted...

Their AP ratios got nerfed because they have too much utility, a hallmark of support champions. If you give a champion with a ton of utility as much damage as everyone else, everyone else just ends up worthless in comparison.

They were nerfed because they dominate the role by doing the job just as well as champions that don't have massive utility and this makes them overpowered, not because they aren't intended to be able to perform the role at all. But since they need to be nerfed, Riot is going to nerf them in a way that still leaves them capable of performing the role they were designed for.

Your insistence that they're trying to arbitrarily limit player choices to adhere to arbitrary labels they place on champions is baseless. It is, for the most part, the end result, but it isn't the reason why it happens.

yourDaddie posted...
Which sucks because the meta should revolve arround the game not the game around the meta

It isn't the game revolving around the meta. It is the meta being the result of objectively poor game design.