The S3 GA is worse on ADC than it is on T.DPS compared tp S2 GA isn't it?

#1End_of_DayPosted 11/20/2012 12:12:01 PM
While the item's overall value as suffered a significant drop, doesn't the 30% max health on revive hurt ADC much more than it does Tanky Deeps?
Was the purpose of the 30% change to make it still viable for T.Deeps to buy?
Wasn't TankyDPS the problem class for that item to begin with?

Still confused about this
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#2mantana888Posted 11/20/2012 12:14:17 PM
Don't know what you're talking about but reviving with 30% HP would be better for an AD carry than a bruiser imo. Ad carry can heal to full in a couple seconds whereas most bruisers are just stuck there
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.
#3centurion911Posted 11/20/2012 12:15:27 PM
mantana888 posted...
Don't know what you're talking about but reviving with 30% HP would be better for an AD carry than a bruiser imo. Ad carry can heal to full in a couple seconds whereas most bruisers are just stuck there

Someone missed the point of the whole thread
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#4End_of_Day(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 12:23:19 PM
well like...

the old one revives the champion with 750 hp.
that's about 30% of your average tanky deeps champion (a little less)
and 50-60% of your average ADC. (maybe more)

with the new one, tanky deeps will be reviving with much more HP than the ADC, when before they would both revive with the same amount, 750.

so the change hurt the ADC much more than it did the tanky deeps, and i was just wondering if this was their intention, and if so, why. I thought that the tanky deeps was too strong with it, not the ADC.
---
#5iMillatimePosted 11/20/2012 12:26:31 PM(edited)
it is significantly stronger on a tanky deeps than an adc w/pbe stats. Getting 30% health is really low on an adc. MF with a standard, no extra health build, will recieve 589.5 health on revive, and has low resistances. darius, with a build giving him 2800 health, will have 840 health on revive, but likely also has high resistances.

The new ga cuts over 150 health off of carry revives, AND gives them fewer resistances, whereas the tanky dps gains ~100 more health off a revive, but also will have slightly fewer resistances from ga, but possibly more from other items.

New ga is much better for tanky deeps than it is now, and is much worse on ad carries than it is now. I think the non-pro scene goal of the item is to give the tanky deeps balls, and let them think they can dive no matter what so that randoms will initiate, while increasing the punishment for a carry getting caught out of position. that's what it seems like to me anyway.

i'm pretty sure this plays into the "nerf ranged, buff melee" element of the patch.
---
It's Millatime
~What's wrong Mr. Bubbles?~
#6profDEADPOOLPosted 11/20/2012 12:27:39 PM(edited)
I always thought the biggest people GA was a problem on where the carries who got almost a full second life out of it.

And yes I am fairly certain Riot intentionally made it worse on people who build it for their only defensive item while making it better for people building other defensive items intentionally.
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clans
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkeye, Secret Avengers, Gambit, JLD, and Batwing
#7End_of_Day(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 12:28:27 PM
so my assumption that tanky deeps with GA was too strong was completely wrong, at least compared to ADC with GA? i guess....
---
#8SorrySleepingPosted 11/20/2012 12:43:36 PM
so my assumption that tanky deeps with GA was too strong was completely wrong, at least compared to ADC with GA? i guess....

GA was too much of a "get out of jail" card for ADCs. Get caught in a teamfight? Well their assassin is probably dead now! Go back in and kill stuff!

GA was just so stupid on tanky DPS (and needs to be nerfed for them too). I had to fight a team of Jax, Lee Sin, and Zed. All built tanky DPS. One "died"? The other two protected him until he revived.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~