When to start playing ranked?

#1Nasada19Posted 11/20/2012 12:18:53 PM
I'm gonna hit level 30 in about a week or so. Just wondering when a good amount of time/games after level 30 I should start playing ranked. The ELO reset also has me worried as it seems people are getting a lot of horrible players.
---
Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
#2Master Of The DeadPosted 11/20/2012 12:20:34 PM
Ignore that you are about to hit Lv30. Never use that to go off.

Make sure you have a few complete Rune pages to at least cover all roles, and make sure you are decent with a few champs for all of the roles too. After that it is just down to how confident you feel I guess.

The more champs you own and understand the better.
---
Gamertag/Summoner Name: Dayy Hughes -----www.youtube.com/DayyHughes
http://i.imgur.com/jcW29.gif
#3FvPPosted 11/20/2012 12:20:50 PM
Not when you hit level 30

Believe it or not, you will suck compared to most other 30s who have been 30 for quite some time
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#4OwlRammerPosted 11/20/2012 12:22:50 PM
If you feel confident in your abilities then go for it, but at least have some rune pages complete (at the VERY least a generic AP and a generic AD rune page filling the 2 rune pages you get at the start). Also if you do plan on doing it like immediately after hitting 30 I would wait like a week or so, people have been having problems with trolls (me included ;_;), so waiting for them to go down will help alot.
---
BlazBlue Continuum Shift - Main: Platinum Sub: Tager|OwlRammer for everything
MvC3 - Deadpool/Magneto/Spencer,X-23/Arthur/Spencer|Travian is awesome.
#5MMG_Posted 11/20/2012 12:40:12 PM(edited)
Play ranked after like, 800 games.

And you're supposed to be able to fill all roles.
You dont have to be good at all of them, just make sure you can do the basics of each role.
---
Y'know what? Katarina is my waifu <3
#6Nasada19(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 12:33:24 PM
Yeah I knew not to jump right in and I know that most lvl 30's would be better than me. I have 2 rune pages filled one with ad reds/flat armor/yellow/scaling magic resist blues/ad quints and one magic pen reds/flat armor/flat magic resist/GP10 quints.

I'm vaguely competent in all roles, but if the few champs I own for a certain role are banned or taken I'm seriously gimped. I'm fine jungling with amumu or malph, but if I have to jungle say alistar, nunu, or some free week jungle I end up feeding. Should I just buy more champs or what?
---
Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
#7FlameLord23Posted 11/20/2012 12:34:27 PM
When to start playing ranked? NEVER! SAVE YOURSELF!!!

The horrors I've seen... unspeakable... unforgivable...
---
Violence is never the answer.
Because the answer is always Vlad.
#8OwlRammerPosted 11/20/2012 12:34:45 PM
I'm vaguely competent in all roles, but if the few champs I own for a certain role are banned or taken I'm seriously gimped. I'm fine jungling with amumu or malph, but if I have to jungle say alistar, nunu, or some free week jungle I end up feeding. Should I just buy more champs or what?

but if I have to jungle say alistar, nunu, or some free week jungle I end up feeding

nunu

I end up feeding

I get it
---
BlazBlue Continuum Shift - Main: Platinum Sub: Tager|OwlRammer for everything
MvC3 - Deadpool/Magneto/Spencer,X-23/Arthur/Spencer|Travian is awesome.
#9TAMIUS_REBORNPosted 11/20/2012 12:37:38 PM
Nasada19 posted...
Yeah I knew not to jump right in and I know that most lvl 30's would be better than me. I have 2 rune pages filled one with ad reds/flat armor/yellow/scaling magic resist blues/ad quints and one magic pen reds/flat armor/flat magic resist/GP10 quints.

I think the general rule is to be good with all roles, great with at least 2, and have at least 3 champs you know how to play for each role (to avoid the situation you described).
---
Steam: Calimar777
XBL: Calimar
#10a5ny5Posted 11/20/2012 12:41:52 PM
just play it. as long as your win/lose ratio in normal games isn't too bad, you'll do fine in ranked. i started playing the game last month and i jumped into rank as soon as i hit 30 like last week. currently sitting at 1300. im hoping to hit 1500 in another month or two