They should have a mana burn item.

#21CovenantPosted 11/20/2012 2:21:55 PM
Wit's End was not considered useless nor was it used against mages.

It was removed because it shut down tanks that use mana. They have extremely small mana pools, making the Wit's End drain effective.
#22Rookie_JetPosted 11/20/2012 2:23:01 PM
funkedelike posted...
Rookie_Jet posted...
FerretDruid posted...
They removed the "mana burn" item for good reason. Doubt it will ever come back.

Old Wit's End had mana burn. People QQ'd too much about it being useless against manaless champs. Such a dumb argument. Not everything is good against everyone.

People QQ'd because people that relied on skills, but didn't want to buy items early (e.g. rammus) were getting completely wrecked by this, whereas manaless champs are unaffected. So you are half correct.

I was fairly new around that time, but I never heard anyone say it's broken. I always heard it's either useless overall or useless against ninjas and those no cost champs. Anyway, I'll take your word for it.
#23SorrySleepingPosted 11/20/2012 2:23:48 PM
FerretDruid posted...
They removed the "mana burn" item for good reason. Doubt it will ever come back.

Old Wit's End had mana burn. People QQ'd too much about it being useless against manaless champs. Such a dumb argument. Not everything is good against everyone.

Funny story: It actually HARD COUNTERED tanky DPS. You know, the ones with low mana pools that usually don't build more than one mana item, usually because it is Frozen Heart?
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#24Ephemeral1Posted 11/20/2012 2:27:39 PM
I think the bigger implication here isn't the damage, but the sustain you're effectively stealing from your opponent. It's an interesting dynamic, but more depth does not always make a game more fun (or else we'd all be playing DotA). What would the meta be like? Would it force players to actually buy mana pots? How would late game be effected, if at all? And which champs would be adversely effected the most (maybe Anivia, Karthus, Singed, Swain)?
#25TheTrueAmericanPosted 11/20/2012 2:27:46 PM
Teemo ruined the game for mana users when he had Wit's End.
#26Hyper InfernoPosted 11/20/2012 2:55:34 PM
Wit's End was designed to be an anti-mage item. It ended up being an anti-tank item. So in order to actually make it an anti-mage item, Riot removed the mana burn and gave it the stacking MR bonus instead.

Otherwise think about it like this. How much 'fun' does a player get from draining an opponent's mana? How much depth is added to the game by having a single item that completely shuts down champions with low mana pools? Is that fun worth having people feel useless with a low mana champion, or forcing people to build mana items every single time the mana burn item is built in a game?
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters
#27Alr3m1Posted 11/20/2012 3:18:54 PM
angermngment101 posted...
Its bad design, because you cant counter an item like that.

Additional items would be its counter. Items with command stuns, snares, hex, etc. Additional ways to keep they guy carrying mana burn off your tail.
#28ssj4supervegetaPosted 11/20/2012 3:19:50 PM
thats what wits end used to do. then they removed that part of it and changed it to magic damage on hit.
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#29VonkilingtonPosted 11/20/2012 3:23:12 PM
Mana Burn never works out well. It's either OP or completely useless, depending on who you're whacking. I remember back when I played WoW and Mana Burn was the best part about Disc Priests in PvP, there just isn't a way to counter it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/GCekg.gif http://i.imgur.com/amV5N.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DVQNa.jpg
#30OktenkoPosted 11/20/2012 5:38:12 PM
Mana burn is a passive skill in DotA and it's not overpowered or "anti-fun". It is "anti-mage" though (bad pun). The thing is, it was implemented in such a way that it destroys casters and hard tanks (to a lesser extent) but the hero who gets it is so squishy that if you so much as look at him when his escape is down, he dies.
---
OUT OUT!! YOU DEMONS OF STUPIDITY!!