Any place for Rammus in S3?

#1Th4tOneDud3Posted 11/20/2012 5:00:21 PM
Used to love playing as rammus, but get flamed any time I want to choose him now. How is he in the new jungle? Does he work anywhere else?
#2nastylepPosted 11/20/2012 5:03:41 PM
the new jungle item is "Hunter's Machete"
attacks do:
+10% damage to jungle monsters,
+10 flat true damage to monsters

It seems like anyone that works like rammus or amumu in the jungle (not primarily single target) will be hurt hard.

then again, i don't play PBE, or watch many LoL celeb home movies, so this could be totally wrong.
#3Ultoman2Posted 11/20/2012 5:15:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn04-RRUZ8I
---
History is only as accurate as the Author of the Book.
#4Baggi__BumperPosted 11/20/2012 5:18:14 PM
nastylep posted...
the new jungle item is "Hunter's Machete"
attacks do:
+10% damage to jungle monsters,
+10 flat true damage to monsters

It seems like anyone that works like rammus or amumu in the jungle (not primarily single target) will be hurt hard.

then again, i don't play PBE, or watch many LoL celeb home movies, so this could be totally wrong.

You still need AOE for fast clears. New jungle is gonna hurt him early game though ;w;

They slightly buffed HP of the big monster in each camp. Big woop.
---
LoL IGN: SlipperyGooch
http://www.youtube.com/TimMH3
#5professor xPosted 11/20/2012 6:47:46 PM
Biggest problem with Rammus aside from the horror bad early jungle is the lack of sustain. Can't believe how many pots I have to use just to keep up at the reasonable hp for ganks and still be able to jungle after. Also unless you build sunfire cape Rammus ability to clear camp drop dead mid game, never mind counter jungling. Definitely going to need more than just new items to be a viable jungler again.
---
Reality is defined by your imagination, the catch is to convince yourself what is and what is not.
#6centurion911Posted 11/20/2012 7:11:16 PM
They said Rammus and Naut may get a buff in order to keep them viable in the new jungle.

That being said, the 10% damage buff affects his skills too
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#7happyscrub1Posted 11/20/2012 7:39:53 PM(edited)
professor x posted...
Biggest problem with Rammus aside from the horror bad early jungle is the lack of sustain. Can't believe how many pots I have to use just to keep up at the reasonable hp for ganks and still be able to jungle after. Also unless you build sunfire cape Rammus ability to clear camp drop dead mid game, never mind counter jungling. Definitely going to need more than just new items to be a viable jungler again.

I don't know about season3, but in season 2, I probably can clear without pots. I go full flat armor rune page. I don't even need blue buff.

Sometimes I get a ward, cloth armor, and 2 pots. I'll have atleast one of those pots forever unless I start red 1st.

And you clear faster with W. WQEW.... get W lvl 2 and you are fine. I keep up with most junglers.

---
Question, how did world trade center building 7 (the -3rd- building to fall) collapse during 9/11? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnnjIzamnJo
#8JonmaximumPosted 11/20/2012 7:48:53 PM
Only time will tell.